ForumsSupport ForumTop 25-50 People With the Most Merits.

46 5916
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I've suggested this before, but it was quite a while ago and even though people seemed to like the idea, it didn't happen. I think it would be a great idea if we could have a list of the top 25 to 50 people (whichever), that have the most merits and have it either on the 'View full Ranking' list or somewhere else, but that's probably the best place. I'd honestly like to see where I'm at in merits and how far I am from the person in front of me.

• 46 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Umm haven't read anything so sorry if I misunderstood or something. But I have already suggests leaderboard for top merits before.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Umm haven't read anything so sorry if I misunderstood or something. But I have already suggests leaderboard for top merits before.

Oh, you have? I didn't see the thread. I've suggested it before too, people liked the idea, it just never got followed through. Can I have a link to your thread?
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Tryin' to get yourself a little respect there, huh? Anyway, I really don't care whether we get there or not. After all, how often do people visit the regular leader board?

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Tryin' to get yourself a little respect there, huh?
What?

This idea is for people who actually work towards getting merits. Thanks, though.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Oh, you have? I didn't see the thread. I've suggested it before too, people liked the idea, it just never got followed through.

Oh yeah that's fine. I quite like the idea also. Would bring out some good! Rock on!
Nielix
Nielix
62 posts
Nomad

how do u get merits????????I NEED HELP!!! plz feel free to post on my page with an answer...PLEASE!!!

GoldFire
GoldFire
107 posts
Nomad

that is a pretty good idea

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Merits are achieved if you write a long and helpful comment on a game. Hope that helped...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8425/freericewe8.png

~RR~

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

ok.first this idea isnt to cool. Only a few would look at it and it would contribute nothing to the site.And just because people have over thirty merits doesnt mean they cheat it means they actually know how to spell!! Thats an idea!Oh, and they go to school and actually listen! Cool right?

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Personally I beleive most of the people with a lot of merits do not deserve to be recognised. A lot of people made merit worthy comments (not a big deal) and had other people recomend their comments to merit recognization (these people did not "stumble" onto his comments randomly but automatically knew/searched for comments made by him to give him an unfair advantage).

Just because you are referred doesn't mean you get a merit...they give you a merit for it if they think it is good enough. So, just because they have their "fan club" doesn't mean they didn't earn their merits.

Back on topic, yah, I agree this is a good idea (I like 50).
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I don't really get why you would have to make a list. I just don't see the point. I don't even care if I get a merit. I worry more about helping the game developer. I try to let him/her know what they should work on.

Making that list would just promote others to ask them to "up" their comment on a game. I think it would get pretty annoying.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

TotalReview has a point there.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

hey i dont have a merit and i dont spam that is not a proble it should be a list of al the people that dont spam the most that would be more productive dont you think

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I don't really get why you would have to make a list. I just don't see the point. I don't even care if I get a merit. I worry more about helping the game developer. I try to let him/her know what they should work on.

Yeah, you do have a point. But in my opinion, I think this would also help people have the desire to get merits so they could get up on the ranks. I do respect your opinion in this because it makes a lot of sense, but I really don't see people just going around asking other people to "up" their comments so they could get merits. All that does is make the comment bolder, doesn't do much. I think this would help people achieve merits along with actually having the list to see where you're at but hey, then again it may also pressure people to copy comments just to get up on the ranks.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

hey i dont have a merit and i dont spam that is not a proble it should be a list of al the people that dont spam the most that would be more productive dont you think

Spam is too hard to define. Someone might say spam is when you say "I agree" in a thread. Another person might say it is not spam since you are staying on topic. Besides, it would be way too hard to just compile a list of that many users.

I think this would also help people have the desire to get merits so they could get up on the ranks.

Ryan, you did make some good points as well. The list might encourage them to get merits. The AP list encourages members to get AP. To get AP, they have to spam. If someone wanted a merit badly, they would just copy and paste a comment like you said. The list would take some work to make and there are just too many negative sides to it which would just make all that hard work pointless.
Showing 16-30 of 46