ForumsSupport ForumForum Merits

85 12121
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, but you have to admit, it got you here now. So start reading.
I think FORUM POSTS should be eligible for merits. Say somebody writes a well written, full sonny walkthrough, a book review, movie review, something that could help the site... Somebody give me ONE reason they shouldnt get a merit for it?
for example, I wrote a Book review for Odd Thomas. I thought it was pretty good, almost merit worthy. im not trying to get at anything by saying this, but im sure theres MANY walkthroughs and things like that that deserve merits.

• 85 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Aw Carlie why did you change the awesome title??

But, I see no reason that a person who write a 100 word review about Hancock, with good spelling, grammar, and its very full, i don't see why they should miss a reward.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I still say it should work for suggestions as well as reviews. If someones submits a intelligent, practical and useful idea for the site they should be merited regardless of whether the site chooses to use it or not, its the though that counts

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Sounds good, i dont think that we should get merits for storys though, I am writing one now, just for the enjoyment of every one else. AS for game walk throughs YES!

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes I agree, there are many posts on the forums that are very helpful or good. This would also encourage more members to forum post.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I don't like the idea because of how people talk better in the World Events, etc. Forums, as previously stated.

youknowme100
youknowme100
28 posts
Nomad

Maybe there could be a forum just for reviews? And you could only vote up forum posts in the reviews and walkthroughs section?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The site is based around games, and as such you're going to earn merits for writing quality reviews - not making intelligent posts on the forums. Like Carlie wrote a lot of people would earn them especially that Strop character :P

FUjohn
FUjohn
2 posts
Nomad

this site don't have a lot games but the games are really good!!![b]

FUjohn
FUjohn
2 posts
Nomad

this site is based a games they need to think i love it!!!i liked games if we need to think i loved!!!

joshar04
joshar04
61 posts
Nomad

Wow they really should get merits but until reading this I didn't realise they couldn't

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think the main reason we don't do this... well, there are probably a couple.

First of all, the forums are huge, and not as easy to patrol as the game reviews. Secondly, this is a *GAMING* site first and foremost, not a social interaction site. We have the added social-ness to make the site more fun and unique, but in reality, there should be more ways to get points pertaining to gaming than anything else. Since we cannot, at this time, give out extra points for playing games, the next best thing is a bundle of points for a great review.

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

its a very bad ide it will incorage spam

youknowme100
youknowme100
28 posts
Nomad

You say this is a gaming site, and yet. the most replied in topic is the homosexuality topic.
Just because it is a gaming site, that doesnt mean we cant broaden our horizons and find more ways to get people to contribute.
And, spf, if anything it will DISCOURAGE spam. That, no offense, makes no sense in the least.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, that's what stickies are for. The stickies are like merits in the forums, but I don't think they should involve AP.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

The only forum posts that should be worth merits are gaming guides. Though if gaming guides get merits then people will expect other ways of gaining merits in the forums as well.

Well, that's what stickies are for. The stickies are like merits in the forums, but I don't think they should involve AP.

Actually stickies are things that every member should read. There are many good threads that are not stickied.
Showing 16-30 of 85