ForumsSupport ForumForum Merits

85 12124
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, but you have to admit, it got you here now. So start reading.
I think FORUM POSTS should be eligible for merits. Say somebody writes a well written, full sonny walkthrough, a book review, movie review, something that could help the site... Somebody give me ONE reason they shouldnt get a merit for it?
for example, I wrote a Book review for Odd Thomas. I thought it was pretty good, almost merit worthy. im not trying to get at anything by saying this, but im sure theres MANY walkthroughs and things like that that deserve merits.

• 85 Replies
youknowme100
youknowme100
28 posts
Nomad

Gaming site this may be, not everyone likes gaming. i dont like gaming really.
Now, on the other hand, people who dont like gaming are usually into reading and music.
Once again, me.
Nothing i would like to see more than an accurate, well written review on eragon, a dean koontz novel, cussler novel, you know. Or a cd.
Why should people NOT get rewards for those?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

how would it encourage spam? soams posting a topic like "hi" then about it "HI" thats spam..well it would encourage more detialed forum posts and WOULD NOT attract soam,this idea is fairly decen besides the past.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well there is certainly alot more threads than games out there so it would be hard but on the bright side it encourages people to write long thoughtful comments

bballstardfence
bballstardfence
263 posts
Nomad

i think this is a bad idea because after they will spam

youknowme100
youknowme100
28 posts
Nomad

honestly, that doesnt make sense. How will they?
If anything, it would DISCOURAGE spam.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I still say this is a good idea. Anybody else have objections?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

i think this is a bad idea because after they will spam

I don't think it will encourage any spamming, but I don't think that this really makes sense to have in the forum, as much as it does for games.
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

While it doesnt make sense, it couldn't hurt. I don't see what the problem would be with getting rewarded for a good walkthrough or moview review. It will encourage people to write them, giving us more of the walkthroughs and reviews that we would like. I don't see how that hurts us. It only help in discouraging spam, and maybe broaden our horizons, and give people who aren't members another small reason to join the website.

dark_emperer
dark_emperer
14 posts
Nomad

People join armorgames for the expansive list of games. The forum is good, and when you notice it it can be pretty interesting. But it's not as if this site is all about the extra's.

To be honest, the moderators moderate and make sure everything goes well. And it would be all up to them, ask the mods/admins themselves if they would do the upkeep of this system.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

it doesnt take much upkeep. its we're not talking 5 word posts here, we are talking LONG posts. it can take people a half hour to write one.
There would probably be 2 or 3 a day, maybe four. And, there oculd always be another moderator exclusive to doing the merit posts.

zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

And you could just want to minus it down so that you can only get a forum merit in the Support and Suggestions etc. so that the mods/admins don't have to pay attention to long post in like the video game section.

IAMMERCY
IAMMERCY
305 posts
Nomad

JUT TO THROW IT OUT, I REALLY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MERITS

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

it wouldn't provoke spamming, but it wouldn't discourage it VERY MUCH either. and if they restricted it to newcomers and support or something like that it wouldn't be too hard for the admins/mods.

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

i agree. lots of people takes time from their life and create guides and stories to entertain and help people.

these people should be rewarded!

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

For example, I wrote a page long review for yourself or someone like you, for my journalism class. I want ap for it

Showing 31-45 of 85