ForumsSupport ForumForum Merits

85 12123
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, but you have to admit, it got you here now. So start reading.
I think FORUM POSTS should be eligible for merits. Say somebody writes a well written, full sonny walkthrough, a book review, movie review, something that could help the site... Somebody give me ONE reason they shouldnt get a merit for it?
for example, I wrote a Book review for Odd Thomas. I thought it was pretty good, almost merit worthy. im not trying to get at anything by saying this, but im sure theres MANY walkthroughs and things like that that deserve merits.

• 85 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Voting up doesn't actually help moderators find merits, it just increases the text size so the moderators notice that particular comment. I don't think there is a need to implement yet another job for mods to do, even if you do appoint new mods to this specific task, the other mods will still end up doing this new task. Which in turn, lessens there time to find good merit-worthy game comments, and fight spam. After all... I think game comment merits should come before forum merits, since Armor Games is a gaming website.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

*points at above post* A special section just for merit worthy Things would work out well. And its not like you'd see 50 a day. Most likely 10 at the most.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I don't think there should be a special section for merit worthy things. What if there is a topic, for example... in the World events topic, and two members has a huge debate about something, with very detailed arguments. Those could be just as or even more merit-worthy than the topics in the "merit-worthy section". However, since they are not in the merit-worthy section, no merit!

How is that fair?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Did you read my first post? I said, "Reviews and walkthroughs. While those discussions are interesting, they don't influence the reader to buy or not buy something. or play or not play a game, or tell them HOW to do something.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Those discussions are interesting, and can influence the way people think. Those discussion can be about to buy or not buy something, for example "Don't buy an SUV because it will pollute the Earth... etc." Many debates in other sections can also tell people how to do something.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

honestly, at this point, I don;t know. Its up to the mods.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

As everything is pretty much... up to the mods.

Last time this idea was brought up about two weeks ago... it was shot down.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Since Carlie left i didn't get any merits anymore

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I don't think there should be a special section for merit worthy things. What if there is a topic, for example... in the World events topic, and two members has a huge debate about something, with very detailed arguments. Those could be just as or even more merit-worthy than the topics in the "merit-worthy section". However, since they are not in the merit-worthy section, no merit!

There was something just like that awhile ago. It was called the Great Debate. These debates would be on profiles, not on the forums.....I always wanted to bring it back....
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Ohh really, debates on profiles?

I think that would be a great idea, and then there could be a judge, and whoever won the debate would get a merit?

Sound good?

Coolrunner30
Coolrunner30
290 posts
Peasant

yeah that sounds like a great idea

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

So many users seem to be for this idea. I don't see why we can't implement it. itd be a little more work, but it would be worth it.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Just because many users seem to be for this idea... doesn't mean it'll happen. Very few suggestions get implemented.

I think it should cover all forums though if it is implemented... not just a single section.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Mods have anything left to say about this? I think this is a good idea.

craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

so basically your saying you want a merit for your book review. but its a good idea i mean cause people help you out a lot in the forums y cant they get a merit for it!

Showing 61-75 of 85