ForumsSupport ForumForum Merits

85 12122
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, but you have to admit, it got you here now. So start reading.
I think FORUM POSTS should be eligible for merits. Say somebody writes a well written, full sonny walkthrough, a book review, movie review, something that could help the site... Somebody give me ONE reason they shouldnt get a merit for it?
for example, I wrote a Book review for Odd Thomas. I thought it was pretty good, almost merit worthy. im not trying to get at anything by saying this, but im sure theres MANY walkthroughs and things like that that deserve merits.

• 85 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I agree, I think it would be cool to get merits in the forums. But it would have to be only on things that help the site and are about the site, they couldn't go handing merits off to people writing a review of Scary Movie 4 or something like that.

Serenade_Shotgun
Serenade_Shotgun
472 posts
Nomad

This is such a great idea, and the thing is, awhile back I though they did give merits for Forum posts...

Lol.
But the only problem is the there are A LOT of forum posts for the mods to check out.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Naw i think it might increase the risk of more spamming...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I got 5 merits thanks to Carlie for this forum

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

wait... so Carlie is already beginning to give people merits in the forum???? cool!
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

How do people think this will INCREASE spam? Merits for good posts? come on...

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Mind showing us which posts?

How do people think this will INCREASE spam? Merits for good posts? come on...

Everyone will be gunning for forum merits and start writing page long reviews (incoherent and full of errors) and it'll create this whole fad of earning forum merits...
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but they will still be page long posts. Plus, grammar is a big part of merits.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I am bumping this topic in the interest of the AG community. I think this is a good idea that will encourage better reviews and posts, and i think it should happen. So...
BUMP!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Mind showing us which posts?

i got one in bubble tanks in thing thing 4 aether and othe 2
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

dude those are games... youre sposed to get merits for them...

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Okay well... I think this idea has already been discussed before and it was shut down. For one... there are already ways to get merits. As well, there are WAY too many posts for one moderator to go through ALL of them.

I would like to see this system implemented but I think it would be too much work for the mods. I mean... I think I have some merit-worthy comments floating around out there from three weeks ago, imagine how long it would take to get a merit if the mods were also looking for them in the forums! I think it would be a tad too much.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

If we started now, it wouldnt take as long. i mean instead of tracking down old ones.
Had it been discussed before, a mod would have shut it down already.
Plus, i mean, theres always options for more mods. There are responsible, senior members on this site that im sure wouldn't mind taking the job.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I'm sure the mods will decide when they need new mods and who is ready for it themselves.

There is always options but are more mods always needed? There are a bunch who are already doing a very good job.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

If there is another job to do, then there's no reason not to appoint a new mod to do it. As long as they take the job, of course. And, even with the current mods, it wouldn't take that much work. especially with voting up.
Of course, they could make a section specifically for putting in reviews and walkthroughs, merit worthy comments.

Showing 46-60 of 85