ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUT's Audio Contest! (over and done with)

102 26644
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

UT's Audio Contest!
Hey there! This is the official thread for my unofficial audio contest! This is where you can find information about the contest, sign up, and post your songs. Let's go over the contest rules:

RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Your song must be original (no remixes)
- Lyrics are allowed, but nothing inappropriate
- Songs must be 1:30 or longer
- NO STOLEN MUSIC if you plagiarize, will will find you >
- Your music must be written for this contest, no using already completed songs.
- There are no restrictions on genre or method of creation

DEADLINES
- The deadline for signing up is Friday, October 10th
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th
- Judging will take place from October 25th to October 30th

Results will be announced on October 31st

SIGNING UP
To sign up, just make a post in this forum saying that you want to enter the contest.

SUBMITTING
After you have completed your song, submit it's mp3 file to [url]http://www.zshare.net/[/url]. Leave the link to your submission and your song name on this page. As stated before, the deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th, so don't be late!

PRIZES!
1st Place: A copy of Cubase 4 or FL Studio Pro.
2nd - 3rd Place: 50 AP
Everybody Else: Cruel Mockery

The reason that I'm not giving out more prizes is because I am running this contest out of my own pocket, and I don't have stacks of cash lying around at the moment.

JUDGING
The contest will be judged by the AG moderators (except for those who are participating). We are happy to except users to our judging panel, but there are a few requirements:

- Impartiality to music genre
- Impartiality to user
- Knowledge of music
- Good member
- Not entered in the contest

The deadline for judging signups is also going to be the 10th.

Have fun guys!

• 102 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys. I've got bad news. My car was broken into a few days ago and my wallet was stolen. A few hundred dollars worth of charge were put through on my credit card before I could have it deactivated, and I can no longer afford to pay for the prizes. You may still participate in the contest for an AP prize, but the software and microphone will no longer be available. Sorry.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Oh well, hope all goes well with your situation Uber. I didn't think I would deserve it anyways :P

And I'm thinking about either getting a new soundcard, or sending it a friends computer that has GuitarPro, and see if their soundcard has the minimum of 16 bits

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@Ubertuna: Really sorry to hear that...I didn't really want any of the 1st place prizes anyways (assuming that I win :P ... am I optimistic or what)...

Oh and one more thing...Is it possible to extend the deadline?...

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

Gahh.. I hope whoever did that pays!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys. I've got bad news. My car was broken into a few days ago and my wallet was stolen. A few hundred dollars worth of charge were put through on my credit card before I could have it deactivated, and I can no longer afford to pay for the prizes. You may still participate in the contest for an AP prize, but the software and microphone will no longer be available. Sorry.

You had a couple hundred dollars in your wallet,and you left your wallet in your car alone?Well I wasn't going to probably be able to get something in anyways,but I plan on buying some really nice software later on,on my own.I know a way to get a student discount too.
The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

You had a couple hundred dollars in your wallet,and you left your wallet in your car alone?Well I wasn't going to probably be able to get something in anyways,but I plan on buying some really nice software later on,on my own.I know a way to get a student discount too.

He didnt say he left a couple 100 dollars in his wallet he said that a couple 100 dollars was charged to his credit card before he could have it deactivated.....Duh!

And if the prize is going to be A.P for first prize, I think it should be at least about 250 or 300:P
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

He didn't say he left a couple 100 dollars in his wallet he said that a couple 100 dollars was charged to his credit card before he could have it deactivated.....Duh!

whoops!I guess I read it wrong.Still ubertuna,why did you leave your wallet in your car alone?

And if the prize is going to be A.P for first prize, I think it should be at least about 250 or 300:P

Truthfully I think anything over 100 AP is too much.Most contests(even the ones that take alot of talent to do)only give out 1 merit.I think since he said 50 AP for second and third place that 75 AP would be enough,unless he wants to make it higher then that or lower.
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Just wondering, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask it, but what kind of software is out there available for making music and mixing audio.

It can be software that is not free as I probably will be paying $700 for Flash anyway.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Could I join?
Is garage band not allowed?

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@IqAndreas: hmmm...a good one for mixing music is Sony Sound Forge

@mentroso123: The sign-up were closed about a week or two ago...sorry.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Oh, nooooooooooo!
I should have noticed that! I feel rather stupid.
I play an instrument, but I am not advanced at writing music, so I probably wouldn't do too well anyway.

Ubertuna I am very sorry for your loss.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@fst6: Don't u think its a little too much?... :P

@Eyerone: Sadly, I cannot submit an entry for this contest because I won't be able to complete it on time...sorry.

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it either..it seems it's not the best time for me to be doing this, afterall ^^;

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Looks like this contest is over...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Can I sign up for the November contest?

Showing 76-90 of 102