ForumsSupport ForumAnyone got the time...

50 36891
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that when people leave messages on my account, the date is correct, yet the time is wrong. I do not know if this is just an error or just the time in the USA, if this was the case, then the time would be wrong for me because I live in the UK. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I'm not asking for different times for different areas, but I think that a clock, on the homepage of Armor Games, would be quite useful and would help others outside of that time-area figure out when comments were submitted. What do you all think?

• 50 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

What does the UK have to do with this?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

What does the UK have to do with this?

Cenere was comparing the timezones. Since your post where made at the same time (Posted Oct 8, '08 at 12:13pm), I doubt he was responding to you.
And I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I'm from the UK. My point is that not everyone on this site is from USA so our time is different by quite a lot.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, if AG is on west coast time, then how is it i am on the West Coast but my clocks and AG's clocks don't match up?

This has already been stated at least once in this thread. Armor Games is located on the west coast, but the time is set to east coast time.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As I can figure out, the difference from UK is 5 hours.

Uk - 0
AG - -5

So in the UK it should be 6 pm and some minutes. Correct me if I am wrong.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Well thanks for solving my problem, but we still need something to help everyone else.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Fuzzy time would solve part of the whole timezone difference deal.

What about just stating clearly somewhere in the site layout which timezone it has as standard? Perhaps at the same time providing a link to a page where all the timezones in the world are listed, so that people can quickly find out what timezone they live in, and what the time difference is - of course they could also just look at the time of a fresh post and compare it to their own, then remember the time difference... But I have problems with that myself.

I don't think the customization of timezones would solve anything, it would be better if people just learned AG time and such...

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I have another idea!! Instead of fiddling with the site times, just create a page with a link on the "Submit, News, Community..." row which has all the different timezones around the globe. Have a 2D picture of Earth (like one in an Atlas), something stating where AG is set and then the timezone to the right of that would say (for example) + 1hour and so on. This page may not be as hard because it wouldn't change and should not need updating after the first time it is submied to the site. What do you all think?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, to put it like this:

The UK is 0, Denmark/Germany/Italy and the like is +1 and moving that way. You might know what time zone you are in +/- something.

If AG is -5 from UK, it would be -6 in Germany, Moscow would be -8 and so forth (wihich means you have to add whatever number you have)

On the other hand San Francisco is +3 (subtract 3), and so on.

System:
San Fran -3
Ag 0
Uk +5
Italy +6
Moscow +8
Etc etc.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

http://www.rocktour.net/time_zone_map_2.jpg

Here is an example of one on the internet. But I am sure AG could make one on their own ideas.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I appreciate you finding that out, but not everyone on the site will know that without having something on the site, Cenere.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Do I need to get it to be more simple?

Take your watch. Look at it. Know where you are in the world. Add or subtract the hours.

Or Look at this. Converted specially for all of you. And I really hope I am right about the hours.
[url=http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=timehx2.gif]

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Link to the image Cenere tried to post.

Yeah, having a slightly better picture of that on something like the Help page would probably fix most of the problems. But some people would still not be satisfied. ... Oh well, they never will.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Would it really kill you if this was put on the site. Anyway, in one aspect it would make the site more unique

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, now it IS on the site. All we need is sticking this thread, and point everybody to my uglyass picture, which somehow hates to get shown.

Showing 31-45 of 50