ForumsSupport ForumAnyone got the time...

50 36890
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that when people leave messages on my account, the date is correct, yet the time is wrong. I do not know if this is just an error or just the time in the USA, if this was the case, then the time would be wrong for me because I live in the UK. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I'm not asking for different times for different areas, but I think that a clock, on the homepage of Armor Games, would be quite useful and would help others outside of that time-area figure out when comments were submitted. What do you all think?

• 50 Replies
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

even if it confuses people

But it is an easy factor to make simple. Also, with this being a site with more than other game sites, I think that it is another step forward.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But it is an easy factor to make simple. Also, with this being a site with more than other game sites, I think that it is another step forward.

But that's the thing. If it were simple, it would have been done already.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Why is it so hard though, all you have to do is make a enlarged version of what appears above everyones comment. Apart from it changes a number every minute, or if that is too much hassle, it only changes when you refresh the page, so that it is there primarily when you want to check when someone sent a comment.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I agree as well that it would be nice to see it at your own time zone.

I have to disagree. AG I would argue is it's own society, just like a country or so. And countries need timezones. You don't see someone in Switzerland saying it's 12 o'Clock to someone because it's 12 where he is from. This standardized time is nice and I'd love to keep it this way.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Why is it so hard though, all you have to do is make a enlarged version of what appears above everyones comment. Apart from it changes a number every minute, or if that is too much hassle, it only changes when you refresh the page, so that it is there primarily when you want to check when someone sent a comment.

Not exactly. The site has been built from the bottom up, without the help of forum programs. Most forum programs have the option to individually change time zones. But since this is built from scratch, it is not an automatic option. It has to do with integrating it into the site system, not about how it would physically appear on the page.
Hungry4Pie
Hungry4Pie
24 posts
Nomad

Yea, give them time. they might get features like that in eventually, but you just have to wait for it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,for right now I have found probably the best quick fix for this situation.I have suggested it tons of times before and shall suggest it here as well.

Step 1:Get Fire Fox 3
Step 2ownload the add-on Fox Clocks
Step 3:Put in the time zones of all of the places you want to know the time zones of,and you can access them anytime you want,and you can easily add more time zones whenever you want and just look at the bottom loading bar of your web page to see what time it is in each area with the flags of the countries you have set in.Also yes the U.S.A. has 4 time zones.

I hope that helped someone.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

You don't see someone in Switzerland saying it's 12 o'Clock to someone because it's 12 where he is from.

Ok then Klaushouse, what would he say?

[quote]Yea, give them time. they might get features like that in eventually, but you just have to wait for it.[/quote}

I don't mind waiting, but another problem is that when someone says that it may happen in the future, I think that the person who came up with the idea, should be updated and told how it is going.
superspud94
superspud94
35 posts
Nomad

The changing the timezone idea is a good one. But can Armor Games be bothered to do a small change like that?

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

i have nothing to loose as my time is perfectly lined up with the clock on ag

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Ok then Klaushouse, what would he say?

I don't think you get it. Let's say it's 7pm in Switzerland and and 3PM in Ontario ok? If someone from Switzerland goes to Ontario and is asked the time he won't say 7pm because that's where he is from. He will say 3PM. My point is that AG is like it's own place with it's own timezone and it's a whole lot simpler to have a standard time. Heck if we add time zones why not the site in all other languages? Cause not everyone in each timezone speaks english. I am going to an extreme here but I am sure you can see my point.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I have to say, I do like your reasoning there Klaus. Granted, I still think that it should be changed. Many forum systems have the option to subtract or add hours around the main time (PST -3) sort of deal. So you can edit it to your own time zone personally. I think that would be helpful here. But then again, it comes down to coming up with a new part of the system to make it work, and then integrating it. So it is not something that would come quickly.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Fair enough then Klaushouse, I see what you mean, Armour Games does have it's own time; but then we are back to where we started because I don't know what time a comment was sent.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Wait, if AG is on west coast time, then how is it i am on the West Coast but my clocks and AG's clocks don't match up?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As I know of, Califonia is about 8 hours behind the UK. Meaning you have to add 8 hours from the time to get to know when the post was posted.

Showing 16-30 of 50