ForumsSupport Forum"Fuzzy time" option?

68 11784
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

With the current suggestions of being able to change your timezone and have times on AG displayed accordingly (link to that thread), I'm gonna throw an idea out here - fuzzy time.

Integrate an option to have the time displayed as a relative figure.
For instance, instead of it being the fixed time format (like Posted Oct 4, '08 at 4:07pm), it would relate to when it was posted compared to when you view it.
Options can be such as 'Just now', 'A few minutes ago', 'Ten minutes ago', 'Fifteen minutes ago', 'Half an hour ago', 'One hour ago', 'Two hours ago', 'One day ago', 'Two days ago', 'One month ago', and so on and on and on - the gaps between each fuzzy definition of time becoming larger and larger, because it becomes more and more irrelevant when it was posted.

Another site I'm on has this integrated, and I find it really useful - I'm one of those people who doesn't constantly now what date or time it is, and the 'fuzzy date' format allows me to ignore the calculations and just react to how long ago the post I'm reading was made.

I hope I explained the idea properly, and I would like to hear your opinions. It's probably not something that will be implemented soon either way, but would others find it as useful as I do?

• 68 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

We can on that site. So I know it is possible to code like that, I just don't know how hard that coding is to do.

Still, the only argument against it appears to be coding.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Snapshot2008-11-2920-42-00.jpg

ROFL? As if you screenshotted FA.... and thats me! 12 days ago, azubaz!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well I totally stole this from FA, so duh! :P
Looks like I don't check my messages there often enough, doesn't it?

Okay, on topic. Still no arguments against this, and people have stopped complaining about not being able to figure the timezones out. Can we haz fuzzy time nao?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

*Keeps topic alive*

I love the idea. I have no clue whatsoever about what date it is, so this would be perfect.
*Votes yes*

brrrrr
brrrrr
107 posts
Nomad

great idea this is just what ag needs and btw fuzzy is funny to say!
*fuzzy* lol

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Can we haz fuzzy time nao?

Yezz we canz. :]
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Excellent idea! I am also one of those who doesn't even know the date when i look at the current time format. I'm pretty sure this suggestion will be implemented to the new Armor Games 3.0, this will be really useful and helpful.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

This would definitely solve some major problems. I'm for it 100%.

Showing 61-68 of 68