ForumsSupport ForumAnyone got the time...

50 36887
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that when people leave messages on my account, the date is correct, yet the time is wrong. I do not know if this is just an error or just the time in the USA, if this was the case, then the time would be wrong for me because I live in the UK. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I'm not asking for different times for different areas, but I think that a clock, on the homepage of Armor Games, would be quite useful and would help others outside of that time-area figure out when comments were submitted. What do you all think?

• 50 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

That actually is a good idea! I like it, and yes it is US time, on the east coast.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hmmm. Well to answer your question everything runs on AST(ArmorGames Standard Time) which is I believe California! I think a clock would look silly with our design, but all you need to do is find out the time diff between you and AG and just do that every time you see a time! :P

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I think that having to work it out is something that can be avoided by something small, and it doesn't have to be out of place, you could design it to resemble AG or a specific game. You could even make it small enough to fit in the box with your username in the top right corner.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I think you can change the timezone in your control panel. I'm not sure though. you should be able to.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

good idea, maybe just a small clock on the homepage wont do nay harm.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I think you can change the timezone in your control panel. I'm not sure though. you should be able to.

No you can't but it would be good.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

The plain fact is clocks usually don't look good on websites. It's best to be avoided.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

But you could make it so small, it would hardly be noticed. Another idea is that you only have it on your profile and you can disable it if you dont want it.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

I don't need the idea because my time 5 hours ahead of Armor Games time but it could be pretty handy I guess.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well to answer your question everything runs on AST(ArmorGames Standard Time) which is I believe California!

Is is actually set to East Coast time. It is even 3 hours off for us over at the AG office. I agree as well that it would be nice to see it at your own time zone. Would be very convenient!
champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

I do not have a problem with the time but would like the see the right time.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

One problem... When you are trying to explain what time you will be back it is easier to put 7 Ag time then type 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ETC time for every place.

Personally, I always just post it from when I am. For example, when judging the Art Skills Competition, I would say, 'I will be judging at 12pm PST'. And people could figure it out from there.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

The thing is that not everyone lives in the the US to begin with, so working it out isn't as easy.

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

no the time on ag is the us time

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Volcanboy has a point. I live in Chile And was wondering how someone could post on my profile at 11:59 P.M. Maybe we should just leave the time be, even if it confuses people who live in other countries.

Showing 1-15 of 50