ForumsSupport ForumChanging so only your friends can post

77 7948
Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

What if you could change your wall so that only your friends and mods could post on it? It would cut down on the spam because the spammers would have less areas to spam making it easier to catch them.

• 77 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, well, it would save more work then blocking every single user besides your friends, but there are lots of issues and downsides to it...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

You would be able to turn it on or off, so if you are gone you could do this so your friends could still say something to you.

I don't think you know what I'm talking about bud. XD

You could only block one user at a time, friends could still talk to you, but those who you don't want on the profile comments page, just click on a button that would block only that user. Of course more, you can block them too. If you wanted to block all of them, then just close the comments page.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, kind of like an "ignore list" except they can't post on your messenger at all.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

See thing is, our friends might want to post, and you could still take out those that you don't want to post there. It's a win-win situation if it works.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

True, I think it's a good idea that some people would like.

However, I don't think I would use this function.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Neither would I. I know I get spammed a lot, and that's why I would like the block option a lot more...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd probably change it to this function if it gets implemented when I log off.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think it would alienate some members though from posting on people's pages.

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Well it might work some days when you only want to talk to your friends. But what about the people who want to talk to you?

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

That's why the idea might not work. It would alienate certain members who wouldn't be able to post on people's pages.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, for example I closed my comments entirely due to some spam. So I think the block users works a lot better.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Exactly.. if you don't want people to post... just close your comments. Otherwise... you have to have them open

It's extremely simple.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, but what if my friends want to contact me? Nothing's simple, nothing's perfect.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Firetail not only did you close your comments,but you also deleted all of your friends and favorite games,so I'm just a little confused by all of that.Anyways something like a block list or something like that could be used,if they could figure out a way to make it full proof.As of right now I have no need for it yet,but I might in the future so who knows.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

They'll have to catch you on the forums then. Simplicity is abundant if you look. And some things can be perfected.

8 + 4 = 12

Perfect, lawlz.

Showing 16-30 of 77