ForumsSupport ForumChanging so only your friends can post

77 7944
Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

What if you could change your wall so that only your friends and mods could post on it? It would cut down on the spam because the spammers would have less areas to spam making it easier to catch them.

• 77 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

...OK, (rofl) time to wrap things up a bit here

The gist of it, there are a lot of benefits and no cons from getting a blocked user list and button:

--Spammers would be unable to post on your comments page

--Friends and/or strangers could still post on your comments page, unless of course you deem it necessary to block them.

--The AP kept inside the comments page would be saved, and needless loss of AP would still be kept.

--The button for it would be like a bomb symbol, or a hammer symbol, and it would be right next to the flag button.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@Plokkey

To me, you seem to be a perfectionist, and yet your not perfect. Are you full of yourself lately? Or are you targeting me because I passed you?..(Not a threat)

@Shint-whatever!
Problem solved.
There is one con. People can keep making new accounts to spam you.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I would seriously laugh at that. I would actually feel somewhat important if people would waste 10 minutes to just create an account, delete their old one, create another email account, JUST so spam me so I can block them again : )
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Problem solved.

Just keep blocking them. It's more effort to create an account than to click a button to block them.

Or are you targeting me because I passed you?..(Not a threat)

I'm not against you because you passed me, then I would rush to get the AP. I've talked to you about this before. YOu've gone backwards.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@ShinTETSU
Heh, some people do that to me. And no, you don't have to delete your old one, and create another email account, and there is no block option currently.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

there is no block option currently.

Well, isn't that why we are having this discussion?? Lol, right now it's getting to the point where it's pointless talk and dribble; we need to present the facts to a moderator so he/she can look over it and say yay or nay.

Personally I would say Yay. It would be SO helpful. It would save me 2 aspirin a day.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

?sdrawkcab enog ev'I
!sdrawkcab enog ev'uoy oN

But anyways, let's drop that for now plokkey.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Don't tell me to drop it if your going to continue.

*drops it*

We have already said yay to this 100 times . Yay! Why are we discussing something from the common suggestions list in the first place?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Don't tell me to drop it if your going to continue.

?tahw

*drops it*

*picks up broken pieces on floor*

Yay!

101 times.

Why are we discussing something from the common suggestions list in the first place?

Because someone bumped it up.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

?tahw

You called me backwards ... *sobs in the corner*

Because someone bumped it up.

It's from yesterday.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

*slaps head*

Oops, I thought it was the blocked thread. Okay, why are we discussing blocking on this thread?

*walks off to blocking thread*

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Are you guys even staying on topic?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

We were just leaving. I was answering Firetail's question about this thread. : )
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wood - King

Flag

I would say a simple no, but then that would be spamming. Hey, I just filled up my post with some words. So I'll come clean with the answer:

No.

Hmm...isn't that spam anyways? Oh no, I'm making more canned meat...
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That's it, time to redirect the thread:

The gist of it, there are a lot of benefits and no cons from getting a blocked user list and button:

--Spammers would be unable to post on your comments page

--Friends and/or strangers could still post on your comments page, unless of course you deem it necessary to block them.

--The AP kept inside the comments page would be saved, and needless loss of AP would still be kept.

--The button for it would be like a bomb symbol, or a hammer symbol, and it would be right next to the flag button.

Now then, keep this here, this problem was solved, majority vote was YAY, now let's keep it at this until a moderator comes and looks, hmm?
Showing 61-75 of 77