ForumsWEPRLets talk about heaven....

805 147255
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I know alot of people avoid thees posts about GOD and Heaven but I just want to know peoples oppions about heaven.Do you belive there is a heaven and if you do what do you think its like?

• 805 Replies
whyismynametom
whyismynametom
263 posts
Nomad

I believe for there is no other explanation of how we got here (or how the matter that we are made out of came into exsistance)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Leviticus 26:44 states that Isreal will NEVER be destroyed

Hmm, let's test this theory. Okay America, you don't have to protect Israel anymore! Hey guys, your nuclear weapon limitations are lifted! We're not protecting Israel anymore!

If it didn't take 3 days to overwhelm Israel or wipe it off the face of the Earth, they were lucky. I'm just saying here, you cannot believe the majority of what the bible says.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Its saying , and im saying the people will never be wiped out .

Okay your talking about the people. Would you say the people of Israel broke God commandments?
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

@IAMMERCY

Aw crap...You guys remember what happened last time someone spammed atheist pictures (*cough komputerkurt)?

To make a long story short, DONT post ANY MORE fail/religion related spammy pictures, unless you want another spam war.

I believe for there is no other explanation of how we got here (or how the matter that we are made out of came into exsistance)

There are other possible explanations. Creationists chose not to "believe" in them, except the difference between theories and beliefs lies in evidence, not raw emotions.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

She peeks over the top of her desk to see if the coast is clear...

If it didn't take 3 days to overwhelm Israel or wipe it off the face of the Earth, they were lucky. I'm just saying here, you cannot believe the majority of what the bible says.

I can't and I won't argue that even though the text is God inspired, it most certainly was written by humans and edited by the Romans and then King James wanted the Hebrew texts and the Greek texts translated.
Now, with the aid of satellites more archaeology sites are being found. I still think it's cool that the Jordanian royal family is allowing some digging.

Okay your talking about the people. Would you say the people of Israel broke God commandments?

Please, which time did that "stiff-necked generation" break God's commandments?
While I'm still asking which king was conquering?
Nebuchadnezzar was the one that found the most favor with the God of Isreal which is why God allowed him to conquer them. Then, his son threw that wine party that ended badly, with the "hand writing on the wall". Then, the king of Persia conquered Babylonia.

To make a long story short, DONT post ANY MORE fail/religion related spammy pictures, unless you want another spam war.

So that's what's been happening whilst I took a break? I'm glad I missed that drama. Oh, speaking of drama...
Happy Easter!
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Hey guys, your nuclear weapon limitations are lifted! We're not protecting Israel anymore!

In the Book of Genesis, Chapter 12, Verse 1-3, we see what God says about His response to how people treat Israel:

âAnd I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.â
Plus Isreal is a great ally to have in the middle east .
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Please, which time did that "stiff-necked generation" break God's commandments?

You tell me. I was asking because there are certain promises that God makes in the chapter jonnypants is quoting from for his "divine prophecy" that according to it would not happen if the people were to break Gods commandments. Reading the whole chapter it sounded more like God telling everyone to obey or suffer then a divine prophecy. So I wanted to know his stance on the matter.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

johnnypants, it you get stuck, leave a comment on my profile.

Mage, I know where this is going and shame on you, right before Palm Sunday...

I know I'm being lazy but I couldn't resist answering on the premarital sex question. Sex is a sin before marriage, period.

Oh, and since no one answered Desert Eagle's question about heaven, I will.
There will be lots of music, singing and dancing.
Sex? I will know my husband for a season, is what the bible says. How long is that season? No one knows. Does this bother me? No. Why? Because I will be changed when Jesus calls His Church. I will no longer have the same earthly desires, lusts, vices, sickness. All sin will be a thing of the past.

Jesus told His disciples that they would know all things at the appropriate time. I don't need the bible to tell me in advance what's going to happen, when it will happen, etc.
My faith is sufficient, for now. Because of my faith I know God will tell me everything I need to know when it's important for me to act.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Mage, I know where this is going and shame on you, right before Palm Sunday...

I don't care if it's palm Sunday itself. What's so shameful about it? He wanted to hold that small bit up as proof of prophecy in the Bible. When I look at the whole chapter it reads nothing like a prophecy. Further more events that are said will happen in that chapter don't happen as stated it should. it's almost like it was made up with some of it happening and some of it not. With the parts that did being called prophecy and the parts that didn't ignored.

BTW, those palm leaves that get handed out make great cat toys.

Because I will be changed when Jesus calls His Church. I will no longer have the same earthly desires, lusts, vices, sickness. All sin will be a thing of the past.

If God has this power to fundamentally alter a person then why have hell?
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Gagamen, did your quote fail or do you believe in heaven? I tried to removed the label from the Bible but it's a package deal. If you would like each of these topics covered, we could start a Bible thread? I'm serious, not sarcastic!

Mage, I know you don't care about Plam Sunday but you're completely aware of how special this time of year is to Christians.

Cat toys? Really. Something tells me you use these questions as if you're toying with us? (she smiles and giggles)
That's cool because I'm learning how to catch bass which requires much patience...

Now, on to hell, men:
Why have hell?
(if God has the power to fundamentally alter a person)

"Jesus tells of the final judgment" in Matthew 25:31-46

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His throne in heavenly glory."
(This is the bright white light that I used, comparing the brightness of a star to describe God's and Jesus' glory. I would also include the Holy Spirit as possessing glory, too.) I can't remember if it was in this thread or not?
32) "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats." sheep=believers goats=unbelievers
33) "He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left."
34-40) I will paraphrase and only tell what I believe it says:

Whenever believers treat strangers as if they are family and we do acts of service and kindness because we want to, not because the Bible tells us to, God,(the father, son & holy spirit) sees and remembers each and every act of service.
40) "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.'"

41-46) conversely, describes what becomes of the goats because they didn't, with a whole heart, feed the hungry, give to the poor, give water to the thirsty, clothe the naked, etc.

41) "Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his
angels.
42-43) For I was hungry, thirsty, in prison, etc. and you didn't care for me or visit me, etc.'"
44) These will ask when all these things took place and Jesus will say,
45) ...'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.
46) Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

The real question is is this to be taken literally? I have to say until it's proved to be false, yes, this will happen.

This is our intersection. You want proof that everything is tangible, touchable and undeniable with heaven, hell and God. You want something real to either "happen" to you or a full fledged miracle of Biblical proportions and I caution you, Mage, my friend, please, be careful what you ask for. (she whispers)

God wants everyone to spend eternity with Him in heaven. The only ones He wants to send to hell is the devil and his angels.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Whenever believers treat strangers as if they are family and we do acts of service and kindness because we want to, not because the Bible tells us to, God,(the father, son & holy spirit) sees and remembers each and every act of service.

They way you tell it, it appears that the only way you can get on god's good side is if you believe in him. But that isn't enough, you also have to do good things through your own free will.

Now, it seems like Atheist are kind of getting screwed over here. If they do a good thing, they are DEFINETLY doing it through their own will. Logically, atheists give to the poor not because of the Bible, but because of their own conscience. So they meet the second criteria quite easily.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why does it matter who helps the poor? Is a dollar donated from a christian worth more than that of an athiest?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Mage, I know you don't care about Plam Sunday but you're completely aware of how special this time of year is to Christians.

Still doesn't mean I'll back down.

Cat toys? Really. Something tells me you use these questions as if you're toying with us?

Actually you can blame my mom on that one. She figured God wouldn't mind since it brings some joy to his creatures.

The real question is is this to be taken literally? I have to say until it's proved to be false, yes, this will happen.

As I have said before if there is no proof it's reasonable to assume it's not real.

You want something real to either "happen" to you or a full fledged miracle of Biblical proportions and I caution you, Mage, my friend, please, be careful what you ask for.

For me to believe in God he could show up in person, any form he likes talking burning bush, Jesus, George Burns, doesn't matter. He could prove he was God by under controlled conditions he creates matter/energy.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I will no longer have the same earthly desires, lusts, vices, sickness. All sin will be a thing of the past.

But those are the very thing that makes us human. To go to heaven means loosing your humanity to become a mindless puppet.

sheep=believers

I actually agree with this. To become blinded by faith and bias means you are willing to follow a "Shepard". *looks at European Kings in 1300*

BTW those palm crosses burn extraordinary well.. xp
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

But those are the very thing that makes us human. To go to heaven means loosing your humanity to become a mindless puppet.

I don't mind being a mindless puppet, as long as I was happy.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I don't mind being a mindless puppet, as long as I was happy.

Sometimes being hedonistic isn't the best thing to be...
Showing 721-735 of 805