ForumsWEPRLets talk about heaven....

805 147246
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I know alot of people avoid thees posts about GOD and Heaven but I just want to know peoples oppions about heaven.Do you belive there is a heaven and if you do what do you think its like?

• 805 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Athiests only argument is that theres no such thing as God . So then they move to the side of science . But see , humens are limited in knowledge . Yet they think they know everything , it just amazes me -_- .

You know, this could go both ways, what with humans thinking they know so much about the Universe they write up a book claiming that there's this dude called a God and all . . . .

What science is is our attempt to increase our pool of limited knowledge and try to make something out of it. Religion is a shot in the dark, so to speak, whereas science is our attempt to turn that gun into a flashlight so we can see what(or who[science is not necessarily trying to disprove god, just find out the truth]) is beyond that wall of shadow.
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

claiming that there's this dude called a God and all

The bible has fortold many things that are happening now .
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What examples do you have that aren't over generalizations they could fit virtually any era or are self fulfilling?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Nice strawman there. Also, what Mage said.

the Bible is a book full of guesses as to what would happen. Science tries to make something better than a guess - and does a good job.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

What examples do you have that aren't over generalizations they could fit virtually any era or are self fulfilling?

So true. It's like one of those theories that are constantly true no matter what information you pit them against or like astrology.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

That almost sound sarcastic.

Anyone can go there but you need to believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from eternal punishment

That's about where I start having problems with the ideology.

evil
Is just a perspective on actions.

I'll just continue believing in the giant spaghetti monster and the invisible pink unicorn.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Did you have to revive this thread just to say that?

Name one good example of a prophecy that the bible has divined. If it cannot be proven wrong, then it is not a divination.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

And in the bible heaven has streats of gold and you can marry in heaven and you can Dance sing whatever! but there is no sin so thats going to be awsome! no bullies no evil no Pain just everlasting life!

wow! I wish I could perform a song and dance number on a golden street! I wish I could marry too! /sarcasm

If there is no pain and hardships in heaven, then people will become ungrateful, hedonistic, and useless. Plus do you think you will get bored? You know why you go on Vacations? to relax and escape from stress. If you get rid of the stress, then the relaxation of the vacation would be useless, because you are not stressed out, you can't relax.

Also not everyone is from perfectvile. Many people want to commit "sinful activities" because it is their idea of happiness. Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll are fun on Earth, not forbidden in heaven. Also this, If two people are in love, one goes to heaven the other one hell, the person in Heaven would not be happy, because they miss their loved one. Hell! In fact, what kind of non-sadistic person could live with themselves knowing that while they are partying with Jesus, innocent people who choose the wrong religion are suffering forever? That is an injustice.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

So have I, I once said 'something bad will happen', therefore I am a prophet of God.

Well i believe there is a God and Heaven and that anyone can go there but you need to belive that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from eternal punishment. And in the bible heaven has streats of gold and you can marry in heaven and you can Dance sing whatever! but there is no sin so thats going to be awsome! no bullies no evil no Pain just everlasting life!

Is it a sin to have sex for pleasure(not for babies), or just before you're married?
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Leviticus 26:44 states that Isreal will NEVER be destroyed . Hitler could not wipe them out . Iran can't wipe them out . They are Gods people which is stated in the Bible .

Amos 9 : 11 - 13 .

late 1900s this was fufilled .

In Amos 9:11, 13, the prophet said that God would restore the land of David. (King David ruled Israel from about 1010 BC to about 970 BC). The land of David - Israel - was conquered and destroyed by the Babylonians, Assyrians and Romans. The land has been in ruins for much of the past 2000 years. The Jews, who had been scattered throughout the world, began to return in large numbers during the past 100 years. Since then, they have been rebuilding many of Israel's ancient cities. Amos also said there would be continuous planting and harvesting. During the past 100 years, the Jews have been using advanced farming and irrigation techniques to turn barren land into productive farmland. Today, Israel is a source of food for many countries.

Zechariah prophosied that the Jews would return to Jerusalem
and they did !

Zechariah 8:7-8 : This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God."

In Zechariah 8:7-8, the prophet said God would bring the Jews back from the east and the west to their homeland (Israel) and that they would be able to live in the city of Jerusalem again. This prophecy has been fulfilled more than once. About 2600 years ago, Babylon destroyed Jerusalem and took many Jews as captives to Babylon. But many Jews later returned from Babylon. The Jews rebuilt Jerusalem but the city was destroyed about 1900 years ago by the Romans. The Romans killed more than 1 million Jews and forced many more into exile. The Jews did not have control of Jerusalem again until 1967 when the Jews recaptured the city during the Six Day War.

Thats just two out of the hundreds -_- .
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Leviticus 26:44 states that Isreal will NEVER be destroyed

The land of David - Israel - was conquered and destroyed by the Babylonians, Assyrians and Romans.

No contradictions here.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

[/i]

Leviticus 26:44 states that Isreal will NEVER be destroyed . Hitler could not wipe them out . Iran can't wipe them out . They are Gods people which is stated in the Bible .

Are you talking about the state, or its inhabitents? It's sort of impossible to destroy an entire nation, geographically. Isreal's inhabitents were destroyed, just not entirely, so using prophetical logic (whatever that is), I can conclude that the prophecy is false.

In Amos 9:11, 13, the prophet said that God would restore the land of David

Another generalization that is automatically fufilled. Any restoration, whether it's economical or physical, or whether it takes place in biblical or modern times, can be interpretted as a fullfillment of this prophecy.

Think about it. Over an infinite span of time, all divinations that don't specify time will become true.
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

No contradictions here.

Is Isreals people destroyed right now ? No , and they will never be destroyed .
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Is Isreals people destroyed right now ? No , and they will never be destroyed .

So it doesn't count if they rebuild several times over?
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

So it doesn't count if they rebuild several times over?

Its saying , and im saying the people will never be wiped out .

I am mercy , stick to the subject please .
Showing 706-720 of 805