ForumsSupport ForumHelping AP

79 8668
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What if we had points for HELPING?
Mods look for spam and maybe there they can give us those points.
There won't give you AP but the feeling it will give you will be good!

What do you think............Firetail?

• 79 Replies
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

The current moderators should not need to use a point system to choose new mods. If they see you are being helpful, they will consider it.

By a reward i mean a feeling!

yet, in your suggestion, points would be given.
Helping people will always make you fell good. you do not need anything to tell you that.

Plokkey is right, you need to back up your statements. If not, people will argue your point. If you don't want to argue, make your initial post clear so that there will be nothing left to argue.

By the way, your suggestion never said anything about these points helping you be a candidate to become a moderator.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

They did.
Its on the first or second page.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Juan, what Pedspog said is true, and why make more work on the designers, as well as the mods? It isn't really need all that much, and you should still get a good feeling from helping with out a prize. That would only encourage people to spam looking to help.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I said we're not forcing the mods to look for them every darn minute!!
Is anyone even reading the recent posts!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

By the way, your suggestion never said anything about these points helping you be a candidate to become a moderator.

Well, juan, that sounds like you asking to be a mod. If they thought you were mod material they would have asked you by now. Besides, we don't need more mods or anything. And why reward something that you should be doing allready?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wha....
When did i say that?
My god!
I'm saying mods will find some users who are really helpful and then maybe choose them for candidates.
They won't be looking for a mod every moth or every year!
The reward will motivate people to help more and more.
Maybe even get rid of some spam.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

But juan -- why should people get points for something they already be doing? It will motivate them, sure, but for the wrong reasons. They'll only help because they'll get points, not because they want to help people.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

They won't get AP.
I already said that.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

All right, I found that post. But as I said, you need to make things clear the first time around. Or point it out again if you need to.

And it seems you are the one who isn't reading. As I said earlier, mods should not need to look a points to decide these things. If the see you helping, and doing a good job, they will consider it. If you want to be a mod, the motivation is already there.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You didn't read what i said about mods right?
Were not forcing them to give it to us.
They will when they want.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

What? I just said I found that post...

Were not forcing them to give it to us.
They will when they want.

But do they not already do this? Why implement points where you don't need points?

Your arguments are flawed. You only respond to what you can/want. I say again that Plokkey is right. You need to backup your statements. And I will add that you need to effectively back up your statements.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, what's happening here? I'm confused. Any cons found so far?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Alright, what's happening here? I'm confused. Any cons found so far?

You need to read before you post. If you did, you would not need to ask such questions.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Nothing.
Plokkey say a stuped excuse about this.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I did. I read the first 4 pages, and I lost track.

Plokkey was here?

Showing 46-60 of 79