ForumsSupport ForumHelping AP

79 8666
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What if we had points for HELPING?
Mods look for spam and maybe there they can give us those points.
There won't give you AP but the feeling it will give you will be good!

What do you think............Firetail?

• 79 Replies
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Adding a reward to helping will not turn out so good in any situation. Theres a difference between helping and looking for prizes. Usually people who would help for points wouldn't be helpful at all.

That's what Plokkey said. I see no excuse.

And again, you do not respond to everything that is directed towards you. More flawed statements.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe i should show what he said.

Plokkey:rewards are bad.
Me:the reward is a good feeling
Plokkey:That's still a reward.
He thought i was talking about AP then i said what i meant but he still thought the reward was a bad idea.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This is pretty much the same thing that has been brought up before, that people should get extra points for making better forum threads, points on helpful wall posts, etc. The fact is, everyone should be helpful to each other. I only think that this would increase the incidence of backseat modding and put more work on the moderators to get out these 'help' points.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Plokkey was here?

I started in page 2. So much for reading 4 pages.

Plokkey say a stuped excuse about this.

Why? Everyone has said the same exact thing and you have nothing to say about it. Would you rather have me spam and say I agree backing up my response with nothing???
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Thank you guys for making this thread everything but what i mean to say.
I really appreciated!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Plokkey wasn't on pag-never mind.
So much for reading carefully

Oh well, apparently Carlie doesn't exactly agree with this.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yep beucase many people came up with ideas that made no sense to me.
Plokkey....

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

Good idea, but I think maybe instead of having small amounts of helping points, why not do something like merits where if the comment is really constructive and helpful, you get 25 points, because sometimes there are just simple questions, like "What is a forum post?" or "What is a merit?"

those are the two most asked questions that I have seen. However, if you are asked "How do I get armor points?" and you write up a few descriptive paragraphs for each way to get points, and it is extremely constructive, then you could get a merit.

To sum it up in one sentence, it could be another way to get a merit.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's what i don't want.
AP.
I just want to be a reward that is fair.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Hope you learned that next time you make a suggestion, you need to make everything clear. The Pros, the Cons, and be ready to counter the arguments.

Carlie doesn't agree because she doesn't think this is needed, not because of 'ideas that made no sense.'

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Because thanks to someone,they were made to "no sense"

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you guys for making this thread everything but what i mean to say.

This is a suggestions forum. People are not always going to agree with you. But that doesn't give you an excuse to always get upset about it. If you aren't ready to take the criticism, what is the point in making threads?

Just try to chill out. Not everyone will agree with you. You just have to get used to that.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie doesn't agree because she doesn't think this is needed, not because of 'ideas that made no sense.'

Right. If you are helpful on the site, the reputation for being a good and helpful member is a reward in itself. Asking for some sort of recognition is just kind of selfish. You shouldn't only want to help people so that you can get a reward. It should be everyones responsibility.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I like to get criticized but some people take it to far.
Every time i make a good thread,Plokkey turns it around!
For the block users the same thing.He turned it around with no sense reading only one comment and not explaining why he thinks it's bad.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

The first thing I look for is a viable idea. Then I find the pros and cons, then I make a decision.

It only seems like I turn everything around because you won't back up your statements effectively.

Starting a flame war with me won't make me change my mind. End of Conversation.

Showing 61-75 of 79