ForumsSupport ForumOne Comment Per Game.

131 20057
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've recently seen that it worked pretty well, so I might as well suggest it.

How about we were only allowed one review/comment on each game? I've seen people who have repeatedly commented on one game over and over again to gain the AP.

This would also work very well with an edit option just in case the person makes a mistake.

• 131 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Game Rating: 1 AP
Profile Comments: 0 AP
Game Comments: 1 AP
Forum Posts: 1 AP
Forum Merits: 5 AP
Game Merits: 20 AP
Game Submission: 20 AP

Why have profile comments at 0AP? At least with profile comments we have the power to delete spam from our page, whereas with game comments, the spam would continue over and over again. AP should be slightly higher towards places where comments can be deleted effectively. Commenting on profile would be at 1AP, Game comments at 1AP, forum posting at 2AP, and the rest look fine. But this is all in my own opinion. Game commenting is not within the small user's power, and the only thing we could do about game commenting spam is flag, or contact. Therefore, that is why we should have AP gain in forum posts and leave it the same with profile commenting; because we have the power to delete comments, and the forum posts are out in the open and can be detected easily by moderators.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

What if you are writeing a review on a old game you commented on ages ago? It would be super hard to find your comment.

As for chenging the levels of AP, I dont think they will. They made it how they wanted, and if people get points for talking (like I do) Why take it away from them? They are also adding to the site, by helping, and entertaning other people. If profile comments were worth nothing, not alot of people would use it. It would ruin AG.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Game Rating: 1 AP
Profile Comments: 1 AP
Game Comments: 1 AP
Forum Posts: 2 AP
Forum Merits: 5 AP
Game Merits: 20 AP
Game Submission: 20 AP

How does that look?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well if you changed the values of AP, everything would be different and it would just be crazy. We'd have to decide whether to change everyone's AP so that it was based on the new system, (which would make people mad) or just start counting by the new system as soon as it was created, which just wouldn't be right.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That's actually what I had on the dot Firetail, good mind. =) Since posting on the forums IS the most important of the others, it should have an AP gain, after all this is where we all come together and discuss the challenges of the day.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I dont really think this is a good idea,i mean what if you accidentally submit a comment,and then you want to submit a merit worthy comment??

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

'Forum Merits'? There's no contest there, everyone would have 40 Forum Merits by the end of the day they come out =O

Also I think it should be at least 3 Comments Per Game, that way it gives some room for trying for that merit you didn't get, or something(but if you get a merit on your 1st or 2nd try then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to comment anymore?).
I don't know, that's what I think about Game Comments, and I think they should be worth 1 AP because 25 AP for a Merit is a lot and if you are writing decent comments then there isn't a loss for that 3 AP you lose, or less depending on how many comments you put(1, 2, or 3) on the game.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

That is a pretty good idea.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I dont really think this is a good idea,i mean what if you accidentally submit a comment,and then you want to submit a merit worthy comment??

then that would be your fault TheOne >_> just redo it over.

Well if you changed the values of AP, everything would be different and it would just be crazy. We'd have to decide whether to change everyone's AP so that it was based on the new system, (which would make people mad) or just start counting by the new system as soon as it was created, which just wouldn't be right.

There is a such thing as a Batch Action code, Kevin. The coding would be comment = 1 AP code, or something similar to that, and the points would just shift. That's basically how they did the forum games and the newcomer's forum, by Batch Action-ing the code. So we would just switch the codes around, and the AP would shift. Yes, the AP would be higher, some lowered, but it would all be for a good cause of reducing spam on the game comments.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

what if you accidentally submit a comment,and then you want to submit a merit worthy comment??

That actually brings up a good point.
I suppose, if you delete your old comment, you could submit another.
Romor
Romor
62 posts
Nomad

I would say like ten comments a game

_kolak_
_kolak_
220 posts
Nomad

well what about "FreeRider 2" I repeatedly post comments.Not to get AP, but to show people my tracks or share them.So I say no

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well, what about FR2. I post millions of tracks on there.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well i say yes if it could be one per game per day.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

well what about "FreeRider 2" I repeatedly post comments.Not to get AP, but to show people my tracks or share them.So I say no

Oh, sorry I didn't see this before I posted my reply.
Showing 61-75 of 131