ForumsSupport ForumOne Comment Per Game.

131 20060
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've recently seen that it worked pretty well, so I might as well suggest it.

How about we were only allowed one review/comment on each game? I've seen people who have repeatedly commented on one game over and over again to gain the AP.

This would also work very well with an edit option just in case the person makes a mistake.

• 131 Replies
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

well at least it will be decreased. yeah we will not have spam on comment. they still could spam the community. i hate spammers but they were like part of our society. by the ways mods job will be decreased and spam busters will be out of jobs. well i dont want to encourage players to spam. it is not good. so why not just give them warning and if do that again just ban them. and still i disagree with the idea.

Billy_FJV
Billy_FJV
3 posts
Nomad

yes one day

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

things i think will happen if implemented.
1) more flooding on the community threads
2)more work for mods to hunt spammers
3)more players will spam on their own account page
4)players will spam on other players page
6)threads that will absolutely defying this thread
7)probability of players debating if this will be implemented or not.
8)others.

i myself doesn't want this to be implemented. so be it...

the_zombie_killer
the_zombie_killer
306 posts
Nomad

what if on the first day of release someone comments on a game but a few days later they discover an awesome cheat/glitch/etc that they want to share with the other users??

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

1.Create the edit option for comments

2.Separate the game and profile comments so that you would be able to comment on a friends profile more then once.

3.Then they would have to add a feature where you could go straight to your comment on a game(which would be the last one once it is implemented,b/c people already have multiple comments on a game)so you won't have to search through 10-20 pages at times to find their comment.

4.This last one I would imagine would be the only one that would probably be controversial.It is to have your comment show up at the top of the comments when it is edited.The problem is people could bump their comments,trying possibly to get merits,but otherwise editing an old comment to tell about things like glitches would be useless.They could add a new forum for Flash game support though,like to report glitches within the games,if they find them after they post an old comment on a game though.Either way it would be complicated to do,and possibly unnecessary.

Crimson brings up some very good, and valid, points here. I think we need to keep in mind: instead of edit option, let's put a Preview button. Forcing users to review their work for the final post.

Also, seperating game/profile comments is a very important part of this -- we don't want users losing potential points just because they're posting once on their friend's profile, now do we? :P

Searching for your comment isn't as bad. Usually I go to a game's comments section, go back a few pages, look at the date, make a logical guess as to where my comment could be and do my work from there (with Ctrl + F searching for 'inthezone'.

Nonetheless, very good points to bring up. Here's the other thing: do people really find it necessary to make more than 1 comment on a game (unless they've messed up or forgotten to add something)? It's one of those rare occurances on game comments really -- if anything, the quality of the comments should be improved... that would be a lot harder though.

what if on the first day of release someone comments on a game but a few days later they discover an awesome cheat/glitch/etc that they want to share with the other users??

Well, with Crimson's point regarding the seperation of profile/game comments -- all you would need to do is post on the person's profile Messenger.

1) more flooding on the community threads
2)more work for mods to hunt spammers
3)more players will spam on their own account page
4)players will spam on other players page
6)threads that will absolutely defying this thread
7)probability of players debating if this will be implemented or not.
8)others.

1) I don't see how flooding doesn't already occur. Have you seen the Tavern or Popular Media thread? Like a monsoon!
2) How?
3) + 4) Users chat through the Messenger to get a lot of their points. I don't see how anymore spammy a person can get :P
5) People hate ideas, people like ideas. Unless a big majority hate the idea, it can be tweaked or it'll just stay the same
6) We're already debating, aren't we?
7) "others" is not an argument

The point is... I don't think players are concerned about this as much. Like I wrote before, they generally write 1 comment on the games, and sometimes 2 comments to change their opinion/state a glitch/etc. As long as the profile Messenger is still available, you've kept the balance between Ying and Yang (as far as I can see).

Also, if a player wants a merit then they would have to do their best with the one post. But hey, nothing's stopping you from writing it on Notepad or Word, to check for grammar/spelling errors
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Also, most game developers are not active, and thus will not see what you wrote on their profile. So I think the best way to do is to contact the developer via their website if they have one. If they do not, then I guess to put it in the developer's profile, although majority of them has a website

True say. And let's not forget, you could always go to a website that the game developer frequents (i.e. NewGrounds) and post on their profile there. A lot of work? Not really...o.O
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

i don't know what just i said but i will answer

1) i mean not just in the tavern but also in other type of comm.
2) well maybe less. if players can help find spammers
3) to those who are point grabbers posting gibberish on their own profile/other profiles
4) yeah. admin will sort this things out.
5) others are like other players think of more arguments.

this is just probablities i can think i didn't say this is/will happen/ing. it is juts my opinion.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

1) i mean not just in the tavern but also in other type of comm.

That is already happening.

2) well maybe less. if players can help find spammers

Can't we do that?

3) to those who are point grabbers posting gibberish on their own profile/other profiles

Now this brings up another point...I think you should not be able to post on your profile. Right now it is a privilege, and it is getting abused. And I think profile comments should be 0 AP.

4) yeah. admin will sort this things out.

Problem solved.

5) others are like other players think of more arguments.

That is for future reference.
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

nuff said.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well, Plus, I think commenting should be 1 point because of people,e chatting gives off too much AP

99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

I think commenting should be 1 point

Yeah probably, and forum posts should be two, and rating should also be one since it doesn't take much time to make a comment or rate a game. Also a lot more thought would go into a forum post.

Anyway with the one post per game, what about games like free rider where you want to post your new tracks and stuff.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, I think everything should fall.

In truth, this is what I think should be AP values:

Game Rating: 1 AP
Profile Comments: 0 AP
Game Comments: 1 AP
Forum Posts: 1 AP
Forum Merits: 5 AP
Game Merits: 20 AP
Game Submission: 20 AP

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

That could work but there would be some complaints from the spammers.And i never knew you can get forum merits.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You can't. Not yet at least.

(Excluding Debate merits)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

If you have read through the previous pages, the free rider and punk-o-matic question has been brought up many times before. The answer? Simply include restrictions for that game or post the code in your about, or the forums.

Showing 46-60 of 131