ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12914
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

They should at least have a 30 second rule for rating anyways. Give them time to play the game first then rate. And if you guys are worrying about rating games limits, should we then have commenting limits? Because apparently, all everyone cares about nowadays is AP.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

it woudln't stop them.

Can you say why please?

Well for another thing, they would find some other way to spam, and instead of having people making it to the current leaderboard by rating games, it would be by commenting games.
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

So im a cheater ok well i play everygame that i rate on my nightshifts at work thats what i do.
If you dont care about what i have to say that where done talking im just working hard on to rate games.
I said that i disliked the short comments on games most of the time i try to write a good comment for them, and i barely comment becouse i only comment on games that i like.
I dont write silly things you misread my post.
I rather have a rate timer then a limiter AG should have a limiter on comments but i think thats impossible to make couse people like to chat via personal pages and stuff.
juan please adress me with more respect and stop call me mr cheater couse im not a cheater i just dont like to comment useless things and im not a big fan of posting useless stuff on forums.

Btw i was active on ag long before i made a profile so how do you know if i played a game or not? Who are you to judge me personally while clearly you misread my posts.

Personaly i dont care about the leaderboards i just like to play games and give them a rating so since when is that a crime?

Sep

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

#o seconds is like commenting.
They would just wait and rate wait and rate.
Of course they will slow down but it would still be the same.
But if you combine both ideas,the leader board will be solid fair!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

And that is why we have a 30 second rule for the comments and posts. I say to have the same rule for rating too. But why care about if they have rated over 1,200 games? It's better than spam posts, at least we don't see 5 words saying they rated this game. If we give users a limit to rating games, they will resort to commenting more, which usually would turn to spamming.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I rather have a rate timer then a limiter

Well I think if we are going to have a comment limiter, we should have a rate limiter too, but like Juan said it will only slow them down. Still, even slowing them down helps.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

juan please adress me with more respect and stop call me mr cheater couse im not a cheater i just don't

Um OK....
When did i directly say "Mr.Cheater septua"?
I was using a imaginary user.
Now there you misread my post.
Who says I'm judging you?
I'm judging you post and i did read i carefully.I like the way you say you don't care about the leader boards and that's a good thing.
But!think about the other users who work hard to gain that position.
I do respect you and mostly your opinion.
I hope everything is cool.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Juan, would you please stop posting after every thing every one syays? It makes it hard to follow the ideas and thoughts of others when you are arguing with them. As for this idea I say no, becuse as I said, new users who play the games, and then rate them one after the other, wouldn't be able to, which would ruin a GAMEING site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I hate when people rate before me and i have to double post!!!
Mods will find the spam man.
Think if we had both rules implemented.
That would be a dang good thing right partner!

YEEEHAAWW!!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

But!think about the other users who work hard to gain that position.

I think he is working hard too. I remember back when I was rating all the games, it was hard work but it payed off in the end. So Sep is probably working just as hard, if not harder, than the people chatting.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Juan, would you please stop posting after every thing every one says? It makes it hard to follow the ideas and thoughts of others when you are arguing with them. As for this idea I say no, because as I said, new users who play the games, and then rate them one after the other, wouldn't be able to, which would ruin a GAMING site.

Hey man I'm not doing it in purpose!
I hate it when people post above me too!
And again i say I'm not telling that directly to Septua!
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

Look up my comments they are mostly well written reviews.

Why dont we make a group that hunts spam? A special AG group that flags the useless comments on games. i will have all the time for it when im dont rating .

juan i hate spam. i see where you are comming from but that will hurt the honest raters like me. trust me my nightshifts are boring here so i play a game and rate them useally in those 8 hours i rate about 20 to 30 games sometimes less if im busy on other forums watching tv or writing a good comment.
So next time investigate better before you generalise people and acuse them to be cheaters. You could have asked me personaly about this. Its even in my profile that im trying to rate all games. just pm me and ask why then ill just had said this whole lil story.

Anyways a rate timer would be better how about a 5 minute timer? thats the least ammount of time (if you dont like a game) to get a honest rating.

Sep

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Look up my comments they are mostly well written reviews.

Why dont we make a group that hunts spam? A special AG group that flags the useless comments on games. i will have all the time for it when im dont rating .

juan i hate spam. i see where you are comming from but that will hurt the honest raters like me. trust me my nightshifts are boring here so i play a game and rate them useally in those 8 hours i rate about 20 to 30 games sometimes less if im busy on other forums watching tv or writing a good comment.
So next time investigate better before you generalise people and acuse them to be cheaters. You could have asked me personaly about this. Its even in my profile that im trying to rate all games. just pm me and ask why then ill just had said this whole lil story.

Anyways a rate timer would be better how about a 5 minute timer? thats the least ammount of time (if you dont like a game) to get a honest rating.

Sep

For the last time!!!
I'm not saying you're a cheater man!!
You need to read my posts too you know!
I only see many few people who are hones raters and i really hate it.
Once again!
I'm not telling you Sep!
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

How can they be called cheaters? They are the ones wasting hours of their life gaining virtual points when they could be doing something else. This is even better; socializing on the forums and slowly gaining 1 AP per post. Much better than wasting life. =)

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

i know juan but you guys write so fast i cannot keep up :P

Showing 76-90 of 119