ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12918
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

So you guys think im a cheater, i know im not.

So if a person is a bit more reserve and posts less on forums and doesnt comment on gamer profiles you assume they are cheaters i dont think thats fair. In my +15 years as a gamer i have expirenced a lot of friends to come and go, thats one of the main reassons i dont post a lot on forums why you may ask is that if someone really wants to be a friend they will seek contact anyhow.
I only post on forums when i have something valid to say like a bug report, a suggestion for AG, or maybe when i have time write a walkthrough for a game.
So i ask you is that so bad?

I understand you are irritaded about ppl with 0 forum posts 0 comments and 500+ games rated i truelly do but how would you feel if you where in my shoes? im irritaded by ppl that have like 1000+ forum posts and post useless things but clearly i dont care about that couse i dont make a topic about that.
I get ap via rating and on games i really like i write good constructive comments, its even my goal to rate all the games on AG.

So again do you still think im a cheater while i bring only constructive comments to the site?

Sep

animoyx
animoyx
22 posts
Nomad

100 rates are many
and i dont tink like there is a rate limit

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

!00 a week is kind of good.How about 75?
And no there's no rate limit and I wish there were.

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

TBH it takes longer to rate 2 games then to post 4 comments... atleast if you want to give a good rating. i play everygame that i rate, shortest ammount of time i take for a game (in most cases a game that i dont like) 5 minutes. 4 posts can be posted in 2.5 minutes.

Therefor i totaly disagree with a rate limit.

btw are you guys that are in favour of a ratelimit to scared to comment on my previous post? If not i like your reactions on it and prefer not to be ignored.

Sep

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

How is it longer to rate then comment? There's no 30 second rule on the rating... You could just go from game to game and click a random number and you got your spam AP.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I don't even rate 20 games a week I just play the games I like.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Your previous post was nothing man.
You disagree because i see you rated all games and barely comment.
I don't care what you say and i respect your opinion.
You think commenting silly things is fair?
Wow that is really weird!
I only see newcomers write nonsense things and the rest bring out better things to say.
What if i was commenting and posting comments and then be #1 in the current leaders?
Then all of the sudden Mr.Cheater posts 2 posts 12 comments and 754 rated?
You need to see why we want a rate limit!
To stop people form cheating.
We want people like Rafael be in the 31 spot fairly and he's being crushed by people who only rate!
YOU should be in HIS shoes.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

How do you know that they don't play all of those games juan? Most of them that do, do nothing else. They come in, play and rate all of there games, then they leave the site. This would turn people away. If they are here for games, and games alone, why restrict them?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The answer is simple.
They get in the leader board in a minute.
If i see someone who has all games rated but about 200 AP in leader board then he clearly played them all but right now that isn't what i see.

Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

I think it's sounds like quite a good idea, it would have to be at least 100 a week though, 'cause other wise it would make life difficult for dedicated players, which just isn't fair.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i already said how about 75 or something like that.
The dedicated players could be on the leader board with a little more time to breathe.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

How is it longer to rate then comment? There's no 30 second rule on the rating... You could just go from game to game and click a random number and you got your spam AP.

well that's assuming they actually play the games they rate.
I see what you are saying with this Juan, but for the people that don't even play the games, they will get the games rated waaay to quick and a mod will find out. For people who are honestly just rating the games, it will take them longer and I can say, "Oh, that seems like a reasonable amount of time to rate all the games." When I was rating everything, it took me about a week and half to play and rate them all.
If i see someone who has all games rated but about 200 AP in leader board then he clearly played them all but right now that isn't what i see.

Well if they had rated all the games, they would have much more than 200 AP... but I kinda get what you're saying there.
Serenade_Shotgun
Serenade_Shotgun
472 posts
Nomad

Ahhh. I see what your saying. It sounds like agood idea, but I'm going to have to agree with some people, it woudln't stop them.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, in the past people have been caught rating all the games without playing them and leaving quick little comments. The mods will find the spammers, this would just really restrict the dedicated players.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

it wouldn't stop them.

Can you say why please?

Mods definitely find spam.
Kevi44 thanks!
Showing 61-75 of 119