ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12916
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I'm all up for the rate time limit, but the only thing I'm fearing is that more people will spam in comments and not take time to play games like they are supposed to. I'm kind of iffy on the subject :-/

Yeah, even if it does convert the spammers to comments, comments spam is easier to find than rating games without playing them.
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

New topic started about the rate-timer.

Please write your toughts about it there.

Thanks Sep

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Now what do you mean by "helping the moderators"?

He could be talking about 'flagging' comments, and 'voting up' the comments as well, or you could hand them the link if there's a lot of stuff or really bad stuff written there =o
PsychoticDreamer
PsychoticDreamer
13 posts
Nomad

100 is to big

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think it should be 10 a day, or even less.
People don't deserve to have all the games rated.
That's why I'd prefer if the AP value of rating games went down to 1.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah!
I would like to see 1AP for rating and 2 AP for posts depending on the quality of the post the user wrote.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

guys,im sorry to say but,were starting to sound like a newgrounds member..holding back daily rate's..i think it should be taken down to a certain limit,but foresay,a time in between each game..a rate limit would really confuse some people,then 500 new topics from noobs would be saying

"How come i rate 10 games,then i cant rate anymore?!?"

pro's and con's.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

guys,im sorry to say but,were starting to sound like a newgrounds member..holding back daily rate's..

On Newgrounds the daily rating is only for experience, you can still rate games and keep rating them until the cows come home...assuming the cows left in the first place.

I agree, I've always thought Game Ratings should be worth 1 AP, since it's so easy to 'cheat' on the AP-gathering. If people weren't such Point-lubbers, we could have Game Comments worth 0 AP too and have merits worth 30-35 AP, then it would encourage more good comments ^~^
But Point-lubbing prevents this =O Not that it matters, it's Game Rating that should be first on the list, I believe.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

keep rating games til cows come home? i know the saying but,on newgrounds 10 exp a day..i think..and this is bassically limiting some peoples' armorpoints,and not everyone talks to people,they might just come for games and store favorites in there account,soo..rating games limit wont really benefit AG right now,it might even drive some users away..VERY BAD...and rating limit could be good if we had a question..like when you create your account

"Do you care about Armorpoints?"
[]Yes

[]No

[]Don't know

and if they clcik "No" then rating game limits wont occur to them.

If say yes,rating limits WILL occur.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Ummm...but rating things aren't the only thing you can do to get points(if you don't talk to people).
The rating limit will also make time(if people don't want to take that long to play a game) to write a good comment.

*hint*Merits=25 APs*hint*

So really it's a win-win, unless you're lazy =o Then this would seriously be hurting your AP-Gain.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

and what abou if they dont know?

and its too late there are already like thousads of profiles on ag that are spamming

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Look at me.
I probably have the least games rated in the top...*shrugs*

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

"Do you care about Armorpoints?"
[]Yes

[]No

[]Don't know

and if they clcik "No" then rating game limits wont occur to them.

If say yes,rating limits WILL occur.

Well, word would spread and people would just hit NO and then rate however they want.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

and its too late there are already like thousads of profiles on ag that are spamming

But it would stop for 'future' people. I mean, people who were here not that long ago could get lots of points for referrals, and everyone can't do that now. How would this new 'addition', be any different? Besides the obvious differences o_o
Showing 106-119 of 119