ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12917
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That won't change their behavior. It will just slow them down. Having posts and comments would not reflect the quality of the posts and comments, but quantity. They shouldn't spam the game ratings, but spam the game comments and forum posts so that they can balance their game ratings?

Sure it's unfair to rate all the games in a day or two, but it's much easier to spot than frivolous rating of games over a longer period of time. And the mods may take care of those who just up a lot of games in just a short period of time.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Hayze was the biggest one,one day and 980+ games rated! i think maybe 10-20 rates a day..thats it,and if they reach maximum for 10 days straight,theyre spammers.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But do you think this is a good idea?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Please try not to target specific members.

And it is a reasonable suggestions, might work somewhat like the comment wait limit. But, if they can't get points in one way, they will just get it in another. So I don't know if it would really help with spam in the big picture.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It could help by a little percentage but it's better than nothing right?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I'm not sure about this idea but I know that almost everyone has cheated a game rating. I don't thing setting a limit will stop them from cheating.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I know what you mean but then the only way could be spamming and spamming could be tracked easily.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

the only way could be spamming and spamming could be tracked easily.

I didn't catch that, can you repeat that?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It might help, but it's not a necessity. Spam will break through anyways so it wouldn't do the most good.

To completely contradict myself, I think it might work... but 100 per week... actually, thats fine .

(Note, I played online flash games waaayy before AG so I sometimes rate a game before playing it. And I'm sure there are more like me. Just showing an example of getting ratings quickly)

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You agree with it?
100 is a little to big no?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

sorry for double post, plokkey got in before me...

@plokkey, I think he means spamming as in leaving many worthless comments. And he is right, that is easier to track.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah they are.
Mods don't have the power to find cheaters but they do have the power to to fin spam.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

Ya that is true Juan999999 this should happen nice idea.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

@plokkey, I think he means spamming as in leaving many worthless comments. And he is right, that is easier to track.

@juan, yes I agree but I'm not sure whether 100 is too high or not...

And @juan's latest comment, they sort of do. If they raise their rating count rapidly mods will find them.

wow, I got double cut off posts

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ya that is true Juan999999 this should happen nice idea.

Can you say why please?

Mm that's true but, they can't delete their ratings only by banning the.
Showing 1-15 of 119