ForumsSupport ForumArmorPoints Deducted For Cussing

111 10169
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I saw the the commenting rules and regulations and it said not to use excessive bad language.I think it must no bad language at all!

What if some people cussed,their AP will drop?I know it isn't really necessary but most people that cuss,do it for AP.

• 111 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Not cuss accidentally, spell something wrong and not notice it and it just happens to be a cuss word, that happens quite a bit because not everyone knows the words,and most people don't exactly use Spell Check with their most interesting spelling ^~^

Yeah that is a problem.But only deduct about 1 AP?

That would not work because it would basically be a big list of swear words.

This idea is okay... but it would have to be really bad cussing, and if it's that bad they just get banned.

Yeah you got a point mate!I think if they give a good excuse then they wont get AP deducted.But 1 AP is not really a i deal so no one will overreact over it right?
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well that would be strange because I barely see anyone cuss unless their spammers, so it's not really a big deal.

Off topic: Obama is winning 103 58

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

I think that they should lose about 10 points for cussing.

10 points is a little high because most people that are normally cussing have a certain attitude that make them freak for losing 10 Ap for cussing once or 20 for twice and then they would leave teh site which could be good and bad but if they lose a little ammount of AP like 4 then they would put it into consideration to not start cussing again
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately, the server cannot automatically delete posts that contain cuss words, it can only asterisk it out. If the post really does get out of hand, however, that is what the flagging button is for. The server asterisks the words just in case a child is looking at this website and/or is a member of the community.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

oh yea and Plokkey: taking points away could be the same as giving them...for writing a specific word points can be lost in the same amanner as if you wrote a comment

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

10 points is a little high because most people that are normally cussing have a certain attitude that make them freak for losing 10 Ap for cussing once or 20 for twice and then they would leave teh site which could be good and bad but if they lose a little ammount of AP like 4 then they would put it into consideration to not start cussing again

True and A person might loose points on a word they didn't mean to right.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah you got a point mate!I think if they give a good excuse then they wont get AP deducted.But 1 AP is not really a i deal so no one will overreact over it right?

Well if no one will overeact about it, then it wouldn't be much of a penalty.
The only penalty big enough (without taking off 500 AP, which is unnecessary) would be banning, which we do now.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I said out of nowhere. Mods cant just delete your AP straight from your profile. Juan, please answer my question.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think that they should lose about 10 points for cussing.

He definitely hates cussing lols!!

juan: me explain more or raptor? if me then one star (*) is the same thing as typing 4 stars (****) to substitute another word on some sites... i was asking if this would be a site that it wouldnt matter how many stars there were in place of a word if ur idea took place

I think it would need to be as many as the letters in the word.

Lol! Are you saying they should put a list of cusses??

LOLS!Yes i dis men that but maybe they could make a little site that has nothing to do with AG only showing the words.

That's already happens? What is your suggestion exactly?

Don't you mean THIS?
My suggestion is that if this user cusses about 3 times in a forum or day,some AP would need to be deducted.

Well that would be strange because I barely see anyone cuss unless their spammers, so it's not really a big deal.

It could work in some way right?

P.S:I know!!
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Juan, please answer my question.

Sorry i was answering all of the questions on one post.

Well if no one will overeact about it, then it wouldn't be much of a penalty.
The only penalty big enough (without taking off 500 AP, which is unnecessary) would be banning, which we do now.

Yes i see what you mean.Now read what i posted earlier.Maybe that could work.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

LOLS!Yes i dis men that but maybe they could make a little site that has nothing to do with AG only showing the words.

You might as well just google search : "what are the swear words?".
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

It could work in some way right?

Well it doesn't matter, I rarely see it and it usually does a "****" Thing so it doesn't matter.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Don't you mean THIS?
My suggestion is that if this user cusses about 3 times in a forum or day,some AP would need to be deducted

Points cannot be deducted straight from your profile, the only way to lose points is to get your post deleted, which already happens.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But don't you guys think this could probably stop the spamming rate?

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Most people do just '****' normally even though they are trying to say wat it really means so mainly this would only be used with spammers unless someone is

A: REALLY REALLLY REALLLLY mad

Or

B: drunk which most people on AG wouldnt mainly cause they are underage...

Showing 16-30 of 111