ForumsSupport ForumNew Armatars! *PLEASE READ*

154 21124
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about what is happening with the armatars.

Firstly, I will be taking down the Halloween armatars tonight. I hope to do this for future holidays as well. How it will work is that I will open up submissions roughly a week before the holiday in question, and keep up the armatars for a week after the holiday.

Secondly, we have a new armatar artist! I am going to put up a few sample armatars from the new batch so that you can get a feel for the style. I would appreciate it if you all could check them out, and then let me know what your opinions are. Please try to make any feedback constructive.

That's it for now! I will keep you updated on further armatar additions, and holiday contest opportunities.

• 154 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie, then who does draw them before?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know his name, I never talked to him personally.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, okay then. I always thought it was John.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Wha--?!? Then who the heck did I get confused with?? Lol, I guess I have to make 2 apologies at once.

That's okay, I thought it was Daniel at first.

Yea....(it better not be an AAA)
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It is an AAA, stated on the second page...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, okay then. I always thought it was John.

Both of are armatar artists have been independent artists. Not employed in the AG office.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@plokkey
I thought I saw the word AAA somewhere over there, but ah, here's a quote from page 2...

I am not sure who the artist is.

Both of are armatar artists have been independent artists. Not employed in the AG office.

Oh.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I must of misread...

Both of are armatar artists have been independent artists. Not employed in the AG office

Where do you get these artists?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I have known for awhile that it was a mystery artist.I asked Carlie awhile back.(I like to stay informed)She said that she didn't even know and then when I found out that he was getting replaced it ended up that he was getting replaced by another mystery artist.Aparently they are independent artists who work for many different companies(unless Carlie misinformed me about that)Anyways I like the new artists style and can't wait to see the full batch.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes, now looking at these more closely, he does use Layout Pencils for his drawings. He does a nice job of using them too, whenever I use them, I always end up not shading enough in the drawing to make the picture weak, yet when I try, I end up shading to darkly, while it needs a strong sheen to it. I never got to use colored Layout Pencils though, only had the fortune of using a normal, black one

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Apparently we need more interaction around here for everyone to know everyone.

I don't like mystery artists...
NO NO NO! I'm not saying I don't like this artist.
I'm just saying I don't like not knowing who the artist is.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I noticed the new armatars, and I'm pretty impressed with the knight one. But the hydra (I know I got that right!) is kinda blurry. Not quite sure why it's blurry, but my guess is because of the shading <.<

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

That's okay, I thought it was Daniel at first.

me too, I'm still wondering who the artist is.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Whether it's blurry or not, I like it.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I noticed the new armatars, and I'm pretty impressed with the knight one. But the hydra (I know I got that right!) is kinda blurry. Not quite sure why it's blurry, but my guess is because of the shading <.<

This is because that armatar is farther away to get an image of the top half of the Hybrid. This one that I have is a close-up of the trojan's head. If you want to see a better image of the hybrid, either go to page 3, or bring up the image in a new tab/window and replace "60.60" with "200.200" and reload the link. It should appear much better by now.
Showing 46-60 of 154