ForumsSupport ForumNew Armatars! *PLEASE READ*

154 21123
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about what is happening with the armatars.

Firstly, I will be taking down the Halloween armatars tonight. I hope to do this for future holidays as well. How it will work is that I will open up submissions roughly a week before the holiday in question, and keep up the armatars for a week after the holiday.

Secondly, we have a new armatar artist! I am going to put up a few sample armatars from the new batch so that you can get a feel for the style. I would appreciate it if you all could check them out, and then let me know what your opinions are. Please try to make any feedback constructive.

That's it for now! I will keep you updated on further armatar additions, and holiday contest opportunities.

• 154 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

me too, I'm still wondering who the artist is.

I'm guessing he'll remain a mystery unless he reveals himself.
Who hires the artists?
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Where do you get these artists?

*shrugs* I dunno, I don't get them anywhere. I just send out the ideas and post the armatars.

I'm just saying I don't like not knowing who the artist is.

Does it really matter?

Can we stop talking about who the artist is, and start talking about the armatars themselves please? This is getting very off topic. This was made to give constructive criticism about the armatars. We are losing focus here people!
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

The three headed dragon looks amazing, I don't care if it's blurry or not, it still looks great.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry, Carlie. Got carried away with artists.

Anyways, the hydra looks good, but it's too far away in the background. Maybe just a single head would do. Also, the main head and the third head almost completely block the view of the second head...

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Post shows larger image

It's not that blurry, but it has more quality to it than the knight.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Also, the main head and the third head almost completely block the view of the second head...

Wait a second, no wait...ignore that. I can see the second head clearly now that I know it's there...

Anyways, I like the hydra. I wouldn't want it to be changed in any way. Except maybe re-focus it.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

This is because that armatar is farther away to get an image of the top half of the Hybrid. This one that I have is a close-up of the trojan's head. If you want to see a better image of the hybrid, either go to page 3, or bring up the image in a new tab/window and replace "60.60" with "200.200" and reload the link. It should appear much better by now.

Really, the only thing I found strange was the Hybrid's fire. I know that he ran out of room for it, but it would look much better if the fire was protruding outwards more and was spread out like a shotgun, instead of it being shot out vertically. Other than that, I'm more than satisfied.

The knight (trojan) was VERY well done! I am personally impressed by this artist's skills in drawing. I found no flaws whatsoever in the Trojan head. He did the best job in his shading efforts, it makes me feel that the Trojan is dark, sinister, and ready for battle. (well maybe not dark and sinister, but you get my point!)
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I think they are pretty cool, they just don't seem....i guess, cartoony enough for me. They just don't seem to fit in... I am not sure the right words for it, but they just don't seem to fit in for me... The new ones almost seem angry, but the old armatars are really happy seeming, heck, even some of the skeletons seem to be smiling.

I think the new ones are really cool looking, but they just don't fit in for me.

Now what I would really like for an armatar is a psychedelic, hippy knight or wizard, that would be cool.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The new ones almost seem angry, but the old armatars are really happy seeming, heck, even some of the skeletons seem to be smiling.

They aren't all that way, just the ones that I chose to preview. There are some happier ones
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The knight (trojan) was VERY well done! I am personally impressed by this artist's skills in drawing. I found no flaws whatsoever in the Trojan head. He did the best job in his shading efforts, it makes me feel that the Trojan is dark, sinister, and ready for battle. (well maybe not dark and sinister, but you get my point!)

What would make it even better is if you could see the view of him clutching a sword. But that would make the picture way too small.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It's not actually blurry, It's just the colors, so I don't think refocusing doesn't do much.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

i like them they look like they have been drawn by hand wich makes them better i think

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

but it would look much better if the fire was protruding ******ds more and was spread out like a shotgun, instead of it being shot out vertically

uhm... o u t w a r d s..

And Steevo15, I respect your opinion and all, but this isn't the correct thread for suggesting new armatars. I mean, there IS a new batch coming out very soon, just sit patiently and wait a little longer.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

umm,,there's only 2?

so wait,new artist=drawings thrown away.

does this mean we MUST wait longer!?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Those are only samples to see if we would like more. The whole batch is done.

Showing 61-75 of 154