ForumsSupport ForumNew Armatars! *PLEASE READ*

154 21130
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about what is happening with the armatars.

Firstly, I will be taking down the Halloween armatars tonight. I hope to do this for future holidays as well. How it will work is that I will open up submissions roughly a week before the holiday in question, and keep up the armatars for a week after the holiday.

Secondly, we have a new armatar artist! I am going to put up a few sample armatars from the new batch so that you can get a feel for the style. I would appreciate it if you all could check them out, and then let me know what your opinions are. Please try to make any feedback constructive.

That's it for now! I will keep you updated on further armatar additions, and holiday contest opportunities.

• 154 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It may take a while, but I would think they would revert back to blank.
I'm gonna be one of those who waits for the effect. :P

Also, I totally adore the new armatar style, it's awesomely pretty, but it REALLY doesn't match the old one. Like really.
That being said, when there's a good bunch of both styles available, hopefully it won't look so odd...
killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

Ya but now when we switch are amitars we can not have these any more so i am gunna keep this one till the end.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Actually they should return next year...
But that's a long time from now. *clings to toothy fuzzball*

Also realized why the two new armatars look so wrong compared to the rest. Lineart.
The thin black lines take them away from the normal armatar look~

The hydra really reminds me of Cenere's drawing style, btw...

Meh, I think they're cool, but they ruined one of the cons for user created armatars (besides the holiday ones).

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I know who the artist is (I think), and these new ones are great! Very nice I must say.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Meh, I think they're cool, but they ruined one of the cons for user created armatars

What do you mean?

Also, I totally adore the new armatar style, it's awesomely pretty, but it REALLY doesn't match the old one. Like really.

Yea, I would agree. I really like the style, but it isn't exactly cohesive. Do you guys mind if this is the case?
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

No not at all! I enjoy the new style! It's not as abstract, just more refined in detail. But I do agree, the style is much, much different.

Make some more :1!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Carlie:
One of the cons I have seen in the threads suggesting user created armatars, have been that they wouldn't match the style of the official armatars. Now there's two different styles, making it less of an issue... But I guess that was put down already, with the holiday armatars.
Not saying I think we should be able to submit (submit, as opposed to upload) armatars, just saying that particular reason makes less sense now.

I'm not sure if I mind it or not. It will definitely take some time to get used to. But since I like the style in which the new ones are drawn, I guess I'm okay with it.

@ArmorHero:
Those two are just a preview... Meaning they have more, right?

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

@Zophia
I do not know! I know they are previews, but I was just hoping to get the actual ones sooner :P!

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

They are good. They seem more hand drawn, I like it. The dragon looks better than the knight though. Looking forward to the new batch!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There are a great many people that like the new previews of the new artist's armatars. I really look forward to the new batch, and I do not care if the art style is different than the other's. I personally like this artist's style better, but that doesn't mean that I didn't like the older artist's. Like I said last night, this artist has a newfound reputation brewing in AG! =)

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I think they're awesome!!

I think they both are good but the warrior looks kind of... simple. I don't think it's the best. It looks like it was done with a black pen or in paint. Especially the pattern on the helmet... 7/10 (I'm a bit of a critic, that's a high rating from me.

The hydra. Pretty awesome, and the shading is perfect. I would use it but everyone else does. Amazingly coloured, it is awesome. 9/10

I really want more!!

~Pazx

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

So will I get to keep this one forever, and go down in the books as the one guy who has a funny armature that no one else can find? lol

Any how.......I would like to tell this new mistery artist that they are well........AMAZING! I really like this new theme, they look a bit more realistic then the old cartoonish ones. And will they be spread out among diffrent AP ranges?

That is all.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

One of the cons I have seen in the threads suggesting user created armatars, have been that they wouldn't match the style of the official armatars. Now there's two different styles, making it less of an issue... But I guess that was put down already, with the holiday armatars.
Not saying I think we should be able to submit (submit, as opposed to upload) armatars, just saying that particular reason makes less sense now.

Oooh, I wasn't aware of that. It makes more sense now.

And with the holiday armatars I don't think it was an issue because they were only temporary, and holiday themed. So it will be different than the normal style anyways.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Carlie:
Yeah, makes good sense with the holiday ones, no issue there...

Why will no one ever tell us who made the armatars?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey everyone.

Can you believe this!
People are still begging for more armatars!!
I'm getting extremely mad!

Showing 106-120 of 154