ForumsSupport ForumNew Armatars! *PLEASE READ*

154 21133
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about what is happening with the armatars.

Firstly, I will be taking down the Halloween armatars tonight. I hope to do this for future holidays as well. How it will work is that I will open up submissions roughly a week before the holiday in question, and keep up the armatars for a week after the holiday.

Secondly, we have a new armatar artist! I am going to put up a few sample armatars from the new batch so that you can get a feel for the style. I would appreciate it if you all could check them out, and then let me know what your opinions are. Please try to make any feedback constructive.

That's it for now! I will keep you updated on further armatar additions, and holiday contest opportunities.

• 154 Replies
Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

The new armatars are great I gotta say =P I reall like the 3 headed one.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yep, the hydra. First i thought it was a Scylla though...

Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

Whats a scylla?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

A scylla was one of the two monsters in Greek mythology (the other being Charybdis) that lived on either side of a narrow channel of water. The two sides of the strait were within an arrow's range of each otherâ"so close that sailors attempting to avoid Charybdis would pass too close to Scylla and vice versa.

305ganster
305ganster
22 posts
Nomad

I really like the new types of armatars. The artist is really good! it adds a more rough look to the armatars. The old ones looked real childish. 2 thumbs up! great job whoever the artist is

Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

Huh fst6?STrop is the artist?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Strop is not the artist. He do not have the time for doing something like this (as he says)...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's not Strop trust me. And if we do not know the artist for the old armatars, chances are that we won't know the new artist. Though I do hope that he will show himself once the batch is released >

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I'm going to say Christmas, but not in the religious way. Most everyone in the US uses Christmas, and those that don't usually go with holidays that go with their own religion.

This Christmas that I'm talking about are:

--WorkShop Elves

--Reindeer, Rudolph (the red-nosed reindeer)

--The usual Christmas tree with a gold star on it

-- Santy Claus

-- Snowmen

--Etc. Etc. you get my point. Not Jesus I'm afraid, because I'm sure there are users here that aren't Christian faith and will get offended by it.

Soma16
Soma16
7 posts
Nomad

I say a mix of all three and i agree with shintetsu on the religious part

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Sandy Claws?

*is confused by people thinking Scylla is hydralike*

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

*erhem* Santa Claus. The old man in the red suit. That person XD

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

We don't need ideas for Christmas armatars. Just the usual tradition, trees, decorations, snows, and presents. That brings up tons of ideas.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, these would be for user-made armatars, so they could come up with whatever they please, so long as it doesn't involve religion.

Also! This is NOT the thread for discussing Christmas armatars, this is the thread for discussing the new armatar set that is coming out! We are getting a little too off topic here, friends...

Carlie, would there happen to be a set date for the armatar set released? Many users are happy for the new artist and awaits his 12 pictures to be released. Though there are a select few that aren't so open about it, there are many vs. few that are great about the new art style!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I thought you were the one who started talking about Christmas armatars.

I hope the armatar set comes in a week or two.

Showing 136-150 of 154