ForumsSupport ForumNew Armatars! *PLEASE READ*

154 21131
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about what is happening with the armatars.

Firstly, I will be taking down the Halloween armatars tonight. I hope to do this for future holidays as well. How it will work is that I will open up submissions roughly a week before the holiday in question, and keep up the armatars for a week after the holiday.

Secondly, we have a new armatar artist! I am going to put up a few sample armatars from the new batch so that you can get a feel for the style. I would appreciate it if you all could check them out, and then let me know what your opinions are. Please try to make any feedback constructive.

That's it for now! I will keep you updated on further armatar additions, and holiday contest opportunities.

• 154 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Why will no one ever tell us who made the armatars?

Maybe for the same reason people are always asking "When's the next so-and-so game coming out???????????????????????"

---
I don't think the Halloween armatars will disappear since they were available to everyone. Even though they were removed, they're still available to everyone (cause everyone fits the requirement). Unless people go negative, we're stuck with them so long as no one changes their armatar.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe nobody knows.

Can you believe this!
People are still begging for more armatars!!
I'm getting extremely mad!

Ignore them.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

About the different styles, the previous artist seemed to use a deeper, darker colour for the drawings, but right now, what makes most of the picture is shading.

This should be unique if we have half of one kind and half of another.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty excited about this actually. We get a sort of realistic artist that blends shading and textures together, while the other artist uses symbols to shape the picture together. Let's look at Gantic's rabbit armatar for example. I'm especially excited because I'm sort of admiring the artist's skills at drawing, and extremely stoked to see what more he can do. *giddy* =P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Maybe nobody knows.
Somebody must know. I know it's not important, but I would love to see some of the artist's other works...

right now, what makes most of the picture is shading.
It's the lineart that makes the biggest difference. The old ones do not have black lineart.

But ya, really looking forward to seeing the rest of the batch... Go on, Carlie, I think we can conclude that people want them. :P
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Somebody must know. I know it's not important, but I would love to see some of the artist's other works...

Maybe he has a website...ask DanielMcNeely.

But ya, really looking forward to seeing the rest of the batch... Go on, Carlie, I think we can conclude that people want them. :P

I think it's passed the preview test.
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

The new Armatars are very different compared to the others..but I still like them greatly! I give a big thanks to the new artist.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It's not that it is supposed to be a secret, I just don't know, lol.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's not that it is supposed to be a secret, I just don't know, lol.
That's a very good reason.
Do you know who knows?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well obviously Daniel knows Zophia =P But he won't do much as say hi anymore, although I see him from time to time to read the threads. I wonder if he read this one in particular... Well, both of my thumbs are up for this artist, he does a great job at doing what he does. I myself am in a writing class out of college, and I'm nowhere near as good as he is at the moment.

blackrain903
blackrain903
17 posts
Nomad

hey guys... im new nice to meet you all....

Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

These armatars are really cool Carlie, if I may ask when will the whole batch be out?

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

hey guys... im new nice to meet you all....

wrong section, go here http://armorgames.com/community/forum/49/newcomers-forum/
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I wish the Artist could make More Armatars like the new ones.

GuitarGodGamer7
GuitarGodGamer7
25 posts
Nomad

Can I have a free merit.... PLESE!!!!!!!!!

Showing 121-135 of 154