ForumsSupport ForumAuto-Block Repeated Threads

62 8160
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Don't you hate when people duplicate threads?I personally get annoyed and makes my head explode.

What if when someone makes a thread similar to another using similar words and something like this would come out.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-17.jpg?t=1226095084

The "Etc." things would be links to those threads.

What do you think?

• 62 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, the thread could be dug deep, and I know you have the links to the same thread, but searching more and more pages of threads every day might be, well...

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Would you rather have one thread where everything is said rather than having to explain it every single day?

Some threads are different. Some topics get off topic and get dragged into the list when the original topic has nothing to do with it. That blocks too many unnecessary threads. It's not even your job to explain the threads.
raddude62896
raddude62896
12 posts
Nomad

idk where to put this, but i need help finding a tutorial for monster basement on here

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe it wont need to look for all of the pages just one.That way it would run faster and smoother.I agree with all the cons(which is mostly coding) so i won't complain.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Maybe it wont need to look for all of the pages just one.That way it would run faster and smoother.I agree with all the cons(which is mostly coding) so i won't complain.

??? Then what's the point of blocking it?? One page hold just no helpful threads.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

idk where to put this, but i need help finding a tutorial for monster basement on here

Look through the game walkthrough section, or just search it up on google with armorgames somewhere in the search.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I'm sure it's on the games section.Please stay on topic.

It's not even your job to explain the threads.

Who said it is?Here we go again!Can you answer me nicely for once?

This will take too much code, but I do think that this would be a great idea.

Yes and i can't complain.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

??? Then what's the point of blocking it?? One page hold just no helpful threads

I'm saying that if someone tries to make a thread already created, a page like the one i showed on page one should appear. to prevent it form being duplicated.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Would you rather have one thread where everything is said rather than having to explain it every single day?

This is what you complained. You never had to explain threads to anyone.

I'm saying that if someone tries to make a thread already created, a page like the one i showed on page one should appear. to prevent it form being duplicated.

Oh, but how would you prevent the way how ALMOST EVERY TOPIC WOULD BE BLOCKED BY KEYWORDS.
raddude62896
raddude62896
12 posts
Nomad

i found the link www.armorgames.com/tutorials/pursuit-monsterbasement.html but when i clicked it says page cant be found

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Just ask people on profiles don't clog the forums.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It means it got deleted somehow.Try to Google it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ok don't block then just don't prevent them form happening.
Wait are you saying that all these threads that are now duplicated going to be locked?When did i say that?

I never complained about anything.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe it can just be:

This topic has already been created:

(links)

Do you still wish to make your thread?

Yes?
No?

I mean, if it was similar, it would probably ban all club threads.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ok don't block then just don't prevent them form happening.
Wait are you saying that all these threads that are now duplicated going to be locked?When did i say that?

Blocking is not equal to locking.
Showing 16-30 of 62