ForumsSupport ForumWhat the messenger needs?I found the solution!

87 9670
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I saw someone create a thread that wanted for the messenger to be bigger.I saw that Firefox and IE could not do that!

I downloaded Google chrome for youtube and used it and noticed this!
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-20.jpg?t=1226258917

The little dotted triangle in the messenger is used to make the messenger bigger and larger!Download Google chrome to use it!

Google Chrome

• 87 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Definitely Strop. We talk about medical situations all the time =)
I've actually read some of your conversations, fairly interesting.
On topic: So you see my point~

And with Word... I have never had the pleasure of using a computer that opened it without taking some time to read the different components of the program and so on... Same with OpenOffice. Notepad and TextEdit are better for use to this site, because they don't play around with the symbols~ (I really hate Word for that...)

And I'm on topic.

Is it really needed? Is there enough of a request to have this implemented to the site?
I think it is too easy to find alternative solutions for this to be an issue they need to implement.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, like I said on page 7, it would be a waste of Shpigford's time if there was a much cleaner way of substituting the idea. Just open up Word (or Notepad...) and type the comment there, then paste the message in the comments page. It's so easy, its funny that we are arguing about it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, I read the whole thread here (and what a waste of pages (juan and firetail, it happens too often)), and really... It's good that juan have pointed out that there is a way of getting it on the site by merely changing the browser you use, so that's even less of a reason for it to be implemented to the site.

But that wasn't what this topic was meant to be about. It was about telling people about an option with another browser.

And thanks for sharing the information, but I'll stick with FireFox and TextEdit~

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, I'll stop.

The scrolling is annoying, glitchy, and small and is very, veyr frustrating when your trying to check over your comment, but there are many solutions. The scrolling will be fine after a while of fiddling, or you can type it on notepad or Word and then copy and paste it in the comment box after it has been checked. If you want, you can go ahead and download google chrome and use it, and if you don't, it's fine too. Problem solved.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'll type this in Word just to see if this will work. Turning off things under "AutoFormat As You Type" should make Word exactly like any text editor.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think the forum box is any trouble because it's bigger, and it can fit more words anyways. The comment box is trouble though.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I suggested a large comment box for merit writing. I think it should be implemented directly into AG instead of only usable by Chrome. Firefox seems to work the best to me...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'll type this in Word just to see if this will work. Turning off things under "AutoFormat As You Type" should make Word exactly like any text editor.
True, but some people forget that... Notepad/TextEdit<3
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I suggested a large comment box for merit writing. I think it should be implemented directly into AG instead of only usable by Chrome. Firefox seems to work the best to me...

You know you can ad Firefox into Google chrome.But for now if you want a larger comment box I'd suggest this one.
Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Also, there is one of the Google Chrome message box things on Safari is you use that browser, which I do.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

The little dotted triangle in the messenger is used to make the messenger bigger and larger!Download Google chrome to use it!

Let me explain the dangers when using Chrome

1. Anyone who know Google good enough knows how they make a lot of money: When someone searches a word, the info is stored in a Google server. These data snips are then sold off to bidders.

2. Google Chrome is different: It remembers your computer ID, the words you type into search and loads of personell info that you would never give out. If you read a few articles like I have about Google Chrome espionage, then you would spook out.

Technically, Google is like a bureaucratic gang of bank robbers on the Internet. They steal your personnel info and then sell it to someone you probably never heard of.

Google Chrome is like the cursed gold. You want it no matter what, but when you have it, you don't want to lose it, and you either don't know of the dangers or you don't care.

If you really want to Use Chrome, Juan then I suggest buying a program that attaches to Chrome and prevents it from sending your private info.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Um if you explore Google chrome you can delete all it's history and your info everything so it's basically safe.

Showing 76-87 of 87