ForumsSupport ForumWhat the messenger needs?I found the solution!

87 9671
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I saw someone create a thread that wanted for the messenger to be bigger.I saw that Firefox and IE could not do that!

I downloaded Google chrome for youtube and used it and noticed this!
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-20.jpg?t=1226258917

The little dotted triangle in the messenger is used to make the messenger bigger and larger!Download Google chrome to use it!

Google Chrome

• 87 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There are many ways to solve this crisis of a confused merit review. Just open up Word and type that out, then paste it to the box, and there you go! It's not that hard, how do you think I got through the RoboKillTrainer review?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

[quote]I care! I just don't show it

You've posted several posts of off-topicness. You have already stated that you'd rather use FireFox.

There are many ways to solve this crisis of a confused merit review. Just open up Word and type that out, then paste it to the box, and there you go! It's not that hard, how do you think I got through the RoboKillTrainer review?

Why download a whole new browser for just a function that isn't necessary. Can't do anything Amish? Lazy people who want function for everything....
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

What do you know of code? Your response to every suggestion is that it might be hard to code. You are probably right though, I'm not even sure it's possible.

Let me ask you this. Which of the suggestions are easy to code?

Notepad will be even easier to use.

You've posted several posts of off-topicness. You have already stated that you'd rather use FireFox.

Going along with the flow.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Why download a whole new browser for just a function that isn't necessary. Can't do anything Amish? Lazy people who want function for everything....

Word is installed to Microsoft Windows XP by default? And Notepad can be another choice to use. It's much better than having extra tedious tasks for Shpigford to go through.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Let me ask you this. Which of the suggestions are easy to code?

I don't know "code", and I doubt you do.

Mine as well not post than to encourage off-topicness.

Speaking of off-topicness....
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Word is installed to Microsoft Windows XP by default? And Notepad can be another choice to use. It's much better than having extra tedious tasks for Shpigford to go through.

Sorry, I quoted you as an agreement and it sounded like I was arguing against you.

My fist quote fail btw....
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know "code", and I doubt you do.

I don't. That's why I say "Probably".

Mine as well not post than to encourage off-topicness.

Speaking of off-topicness....

Every time you point out our mistakes, things get worse.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I don't. That's why I say "Probably".

A response supported by your gut. Very agreeable....</sarcasm>

Every time you point out our mistakes, things get worse.

That's because it seems like you can't figure it out yourself and yak repeatedly with no point.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

A response supported by your gut. Very agreeable....</sarcasm>

Plokkey, not everyone is as perfect as you are...

That's because it seems like you can't figure it out yourself and yak repeatedly with no point.

Fine, I'll stop being a pessimist then.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I'm using Chrome right now, and it's doing great.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think this is getting a little in flaming.Are you guys talking about the topic?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Errm.. No they aren't. Believe me, I tried to keep them in the topic, but they just kept going at it. Guys, these are the reasons why decent ideas are not implemented, because being off topic and/or flaming and spamming makes the moderators feel that you don't really care about this idea. So if you want this to have a chance of being recommended I suggest you guys take this to the comments page, and if not, then continue as you please.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The only reasonable reason why this enlarged messanger box would just be for merit reviews. I don't think anyone would make 5 paragraphs about a conversation, so there would be only one use for it. Seriously though, must I keep both of you in line? Let's talk about how this is/ is not useful for AG shall we?
Have you ever chatted with Drace/Strop/Estel/me when talking about a subject I can rant on? Maybe not five paragraphs, but certainly both two and three, which is enough for the small commentbox to be a nuisance.

Please not Word. It gives copy/paste issues with symbols such as ". Use Notepad, or TextEdit if you're a Mac user. Please.
But doing so really does solve the problem. And unlike Word (or OpenOffice, for a free alternative) Notepad and TextEdit hardly takes any time to open.

Please don't when the flow is off topic. It encourages more people to do the same.

Bte, this post turned out so long that I considered taking the writing of it to TextEdit. Does Chrome add that function to the forum reply boxes as well?
I do see the useful in knowing that there is a browser that gives you such opportunity, but I think a lot of people who think AG needs to implement that sort of coding just needs to learn to be less lazy and use a simple text editor. That way they can get a fullscreen comment box. Neat, huh?
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

the old old messenger is fine. but cool anyways

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Have you ever chatted with Drace/Strop/Estel/me when talking about a subject I can rant on? Maybe not five paragraphs, but certainly both two and three, which is enough for the small commentbox to be a nuisance.

Definitely Strop. We talk about medical situations all the time =)

And unlike Word (or OpenOffice, for a free alternative) Notepad and TextEdit hardly takes any time to open.

Wha--!? Mine opens automatically... I just use Word because I have it on my left toolbar so I can access it frequently. As for the forum box, it is fine, I'm guessing that many people have issues with the comments box. I can agree with that to a point, as it certainly is small. I guess the only way to have this recommended is for us to continue discussing it and to not continuously stray off the topic.
Showing 61-75 of 87