ForumsWEPRtobacco

145 28177
barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

by tobacco i mena ciggerates in general.
I belive they should be illegal because they cause so much death even from second hand smoking. i know peolpe go nuts without there nicotine but they have gum and patches that will help.
i want to know your opinions on this subject at hand. (wether or not it should be illegal and why)

• 145 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I do not think anyone, even smokers, like the smell of cigarettes. The only smoke I like the smell of is shisha, cloves and real pipe tobacco.

Tobacco sounds like it should be a town in the south-western United States. Full of saloons, cowboys and whores. Do not ask me why.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

..I am sorry, but the number you are calling is either disconnected or out of service. Please hang up and try again.

In other words..Huh-whatwazthat?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Some bars, I would agree that perhaps they could allow smoking. However, if there are smoking bars in my town, I would go to the non-smoking one next door (not that I can yet anyways... next month!!).

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

thats the great thing about capitalism! some business person is going to make bank on a non-smoking bar if its true that most people don't smoke. the rest of us can stink in our smoke filled dark holes!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

All the bars here are non-smoking. It was a turn over. They enacted the law last year. But I still smoke when I know I won't get cited.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Mhmm. Same here. Darn state-wide ban. *shakes fist at state* Why have you done this to us? We pay out taxes! Sometimes, if we feel like it!

izapora
izapora
116 posts
Nomad

well, i think it'll just end up being like when they tried to outlaw alcohol in the 40's, it will be smuggled and only cause more problems

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Noooo. These are completely different circumstances. In prohibition they banned ALL alcohol. Now, they just ban smoking in certain areas. It is not like the are taking everyones cigarettes away. THEN, people would smuggle.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

prohibition doesn't work. it never has and never will. we are all like a bunch of kids...tell us we can't have it, we want it more. the federal prisons would be less than half full if we ended the drug war! something like 60% of the federal inmate population are non-violent drug offenders.
i digress...carlie is right. the smoking bans are completely different than prohibition...although i think they are way too broad. like i said before, capitalism would work this all out if allowed.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

So you are saying that we should leave this all up to Capitalism?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, thank god. Because Capitalism solved so many more problems than it ever made. There is no more pure point in life than to undercut other people purely for profit. I do not think anyone can argue.

That was me pretending I was an obese Republican oil monger.

If the laws were changed from all bars being smoke free to allowing some to have smokers would solve a lot more. When was the last time you saw only one bar in a town or city? If you want to go to a bar that does not/does allow smoking just walk down the street a few hundred feet.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*coughs* Capitalism...pppffftttt

But hey, my father is an oil monger, but not a republican or has any political stance because they left the country years ago. Just thought I'd say.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think it would be reasonable for some to allow it. Like how you have to apply for an alcohol permit, you can also apply for a smoking permit for your bar. So then some bars it would be allowed, and in some you would still have a smoke free environment.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well Asherlee...if that is true then he must of been one of those rare not annoying ones. Because you do not seem like the daughter of a oil monger.

Exactly. And it would not take as long a liquor permit. Well, I imagine it would not...And to counter-act the ill effects of smoking throw in an oxygen bar nextdoor. Mhhm.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm indeed... if the amount of smoking bars go up, then the amount of oxygen bars could increase with them! It would create new jobs and businesses... brilliant!

Showing 61-75 of 145