ForumsWEPRtobacco

145 28178
barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

by tobacco i mena ciggerates in general.
I belive they should be illegal because they cause so much death even from second hand smoking. i know peolpe go nuts without there nicotine but they have gum and patches that will help.
i want to know your opinions on this subject at hand. (wether or not it should be illegal and why)

• 145 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana could certainly be taxed, just like Moe explained. Not to mention the street prices would drop and probably go out of business. I actually go to school at the only place in the united states where it is 100% legal for our university to grow marijuana for the government. They burn it every season and you can see all the stoners with all these smoke-catching devices out there. Anyway, my point is that the government can make great stuff for really cheap, putting dealers out of business.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I think it is pointless to talk about tax laws. I live in the US, but those who don't have different tax laws. It also depends on what state you live in. (not hugely)

Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

thats a great point you make there but, although they do tax the heck and make a lot of money on selling that stuff you also have to see the negative profit. cigarette smokers get sick more often, and have to get treatment, meaning they miss more work days on average[ which means less net profit, and less money becomes taxable ],and if/when they do develop cancer [because many do before they retire] that money for everything els, goes there. so as you can see this also wastes alot of money.I do believe the tax the government takes from checks [salary] is greater than that of per pack of cigarette or tobacco product, but do prove me wrong if i am.

although i do agree on the whole anti-drug thing. we get enough people telling us its bad as it is. we don't need any further assistance.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Snowball, unfortunately there are deeper psychological issues to addiction than just the physiology of it.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I don't think marijuana OR tobacco should be illegal.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I think the world would be better if smoking dissapeared, but illegalizing it will only worsen our problem.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Pssh...does it really matter in the end? If people really want to smoke, go for it. There are worse things out there to kill people. Like fake sugars, fake butters, and George W. Bush.

Myself, I am pretty deep into the smoking life. I enjoy my Marlboros, own a hookah, take pleasure every now and then in a nice cigar and on special occasions look very British with a pipe.

God...shisha is delicious...mmm.

Where was I? Oh, right. If they tried to pass even more laws against smoking or make it illegal, get ready to see people dealing self-rolled smokes on the corner of every street.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well put Devoid. When I feel like a regular cig instead of my cloves I will smoke American Spirits. I enjoy the flavor and I'm also drawn to the "non-addictive tobacco" on the box. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it fools me.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

By god...you smoke cloves also? I forgot to mention them because I have not had one in...months. Smoke shope where I live see no reason to carry them.

I think love you. In the way that I love deadly snakes. Or high fat sugar laden snack foods. Nice to observe from a distance...but forget touching them.

Haha. I could be an awesome deranged weight conscious stalker person named 'Rattler Rick'..."It rubs the Twinkies on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Devoid you consistently make me laugh out loud! Sometimes I don't think I can even respond.

But yea I smoke Djarum cloves, black cigarettes! Everyone around here associates that smell with me.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Mhhm...deliciousness of the Blacks. Um..you all know what I mean.

I had a point when I would be the only one around that smoked them. Then a couple other people did. Then it was around 20. The whole block smelled like...amazing. But soon people heard rumors that they killed you quicker than normal smokes and made your lungs bleed. DARN YOU PHILIP MORRIS!

Now I smoke those good ol' cowboys killers. I call them 'nooses.' Funny story..

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i smoke. i pity the fool that tries to take away my smoke. go save a whale and don't worry about me. i'm an adult and fully aware of the consequences of my decisions. end of story. it's nobodys business what i choose to do with my time ,money, health, or anything else that is none of your business.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Fine, but just admit your life would not change if it had never been invented.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

i think smoking is ok if smokers and non smokers are separated like it mostly is today i think it should be legal because america is a free country and we have freedom rights.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i think its wrong to have no-smoking laws for private businesses, instead of crying about smoke...non-smokers could take their money to non-smoking establishments. capitalism has a way of working things out. you have the free will to not go to the bar/restaurant/whatever...if you keep depending on the govt to make your decisions for you...you are worthless. why should infringing on the rights of business owners be more acceptable than the rights of non-smokers? it's not, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease...right?

Showing 31-45 of 145