ForumsSupport ForumProfile counter

20 3407
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, but what do you all think of a counter on your profile to show how many times it has been veiwed by other members?

• 20 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I think its a good idea I wanna know how much viewed my page just a question does it count your views if you view your page?

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, but what do you all think of a counter on your profile to show how many times it has been veiwed by other members?

I say no, we shouldn't have this feature. This would make things very competitive amongst people, and most of the time, the leaders will most likely be in the top 10 AP list because newbies almost always drop there. That wouldn't be very fun, as it would just about show the same as the AP board then.

I would like to see a similar feature though: a recent visitors box. That way people will know who was looking at their page. And if you see a fried had dropped by to see if you were in, then they wouldn't even have to post anything to ask for you to come, you would just know.
SomeKidSoDealWithIt
SomeKidSoDealWithIt
118 posts
Nomad

Yes, ulmitedpower has a better idea.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It's good,but not needed right now..We need something to show-out our games and our community right now,those are our two biggest things.Maybe it will be good,because i have noticed people comment my quotes ve never seen before,or people who go to a place on my about and thank me.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i think that this idea would be awesome i could see if ppl check out my profil 2 thumbs up for the idea

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I like this idea, too. This is something small that could be really cool.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But cool is not always helpful right? You need to think of that. If we had his idea it will turn into a popularity contest. Besides i don't really see a point in this. Not helpful.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I would like to see a similar feature though: a recent visitors box.

I like this better than the profile counter. The people with the most AP would obviously get the most views so it is pretty useless. Also, almost all profile counters count when you view your own page so people would just refresh their profile thousands of times to get noticed.
Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

i think thats a good idea, i want to know how many people look at my page

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

it would be just another reason for people to spam, wanting the most profile views

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

it would be just another reason for people to spam, wanting the most profile views

Yeah they could go like "Hey go ad watch my profile for no reason because i want more views!" every single day which leads to spam.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Wouldn't this go the same way as with the last active function? Profile stuff is fun, but for something that would update frequently, that would cause problems on this site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes i agree with you. It may also slow AG again and we don't want that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Total number of views might be a little overwhelming for me.

A recent visitors box might be useful, especially when I want to see which of my friends have peeked at me.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Eh, I don't really care how many views I have, plus that could make the site lag. PLus, it would have to not count yourself.
A recent visitors box would be interesting though.

Showing 1-15 of 20