ForumsSupport Forumachievements

68 7833
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

I think that we should have an achievement system on AG. Kind of like once you beat a game, you get an achievement for it. Then weight the difficulty of the achievement and convert it to AP. I know it could probably be hard, but we could have the first couple of players of a new game to vote how hard a game is, that way an admin/mod could make an achievement for it. We could also show the achievements we have in our profile page, beneath the armatar and IDs in that big empty space.

• 68 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I'm not the only one. All the threads related to this one have been deleted because no one likes them.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Nope. Armatars fit AG. They fit the theme. Achievements -on the other hand, you have fingers(just kidding) achievements don't fit AG. They just stand there and say "Congrats you got this and that".

Achievements dont fit because they haven't been made to fit.
Armatars fit because you need AP to unlock them. AP gained through forum posts, game comments, ratings and merits.

Achievements could be used to unlock armatars in place of AP, or in conjunction with. The only thing that needs to be figured out is how the achievements would be earned.
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

thats already figured out, you just win the game. depending on how hard it is determines the prize you get

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The same as KONG i suppose. We need more people to enter this debate. If we do get more people you would see how many don't like it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Some people never unlock the achievements. Then users could also use cheat engine to cheat on it.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

people already do that to exploit the games. flash isnt perfect you know.. how would people never unlock the achievements?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

thats already figured out, you just win the game. depending on how hard it is determines the prize you get

Yes but I was thinking for more difficult achievements. Gaining achievements only through playing a certain amount of games ins't all that fun...

Also another thing to think about is what about all the games we've play in the past? would those count towards the achievement or would we have to replay them?

Completely off topic but, Juan, you must really like double posting... I see you do it in almost every thread.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

We need more people to enter this debate. If we do get more people you would see how many don't like it.

I really can't see a problem with this Wan XD

The fact that the achievements are like KG is basically the only thing that is holding strong in this argument, but it also is what the admins are getting through to us. It's really their say that has weight on this topic, and with every thread that the word achievements was brought up, the answer followed with "no". Hacking is another issue, and it is a common law: where there are challenges online, there are hackers that don't wish to compete in the challenge fairly. Trust me, if there were badges, or tags that came along with the achievements idea, then you will see many, many people with full lines of them. It just can't happen =(
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

i suppose i will say something...

the idea has been suggested before, but that is because people believe it is a good one. And i agree.

juan, you are correct about hacking, but what about on kong? they prevent it there somehow...

Yes, it is copying kong, but it is a good idea and it should be implemented.

If you dont like the idea of achievements for ap, why dont we have it so theres a badge section on our profile that displays achievements?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

you just negated yourself, because you said there was no problems, then game a list of problems. I just want a system that allows others to see what we have accomplished

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Deth, I was giving the reason why most users say this is a bad idea to have. My personal thoughts on achievements were that it would be a decent idea to have, but the majority + admins say that it would be copying KG. So no, I didn't contradict myself.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

OK tell me how achievement help AG? You haven;t given me a good reason.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Completely off topic but, Juan, you must really like double posting... I see you do it in almost every thread.

You must really like not to know why i do it. People post before me that's why i have to. What do you mean every thread? This is like the first one i have doubled in a long time.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Not really help AG so much as add on to AG's variety. It isn't really on AG's "to do" list, and I really don't see it happening. If I want achievements, I would just play XBox.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, we are NOT kongregate, and we need no more ways to get AP. This has been suggested more times then I have fingers. People that want AP are o nthis ite for the wrong reason. It is for fun, chatting, and gameing.

Also, i dont thnik we should copy kongregate, becuse we are an original site.

So my awnser is no.
Thanks.

Showing 16-30 of 68