ForumsSupport Forumachievements

68 7831
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

I think that we should have an achievement system on AG. Kind of like once you beat a game, you get an achievement for it. Then weight the difficulty of the achievement and convert it to AP. I know it could probably be hard, but we could have the first couple of players of a new game to vote how hard a game is, that way an admin/mod could make an achievement for it. We could also show the achievements we have in our profile page, beneath the armatar and IDs in that big empty space.

• 68 Replies
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

It's point less for alot of reasons.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

OK tell me how achievement help AG? You haven;t given me a good reason.

First off, what do you mean by 'help AG?' In what sense?

How does anything help AG? Earning armatars? AP from posting? how do those help?

It would just be another thing you can do/ work on aside from playing/rating/commenting on the games and using the forums.

You must really like not to know why i do it. People post before me that's why i have to. What do you mean every thread? This is like the first one i have doubled in a long time.

I'll answer on your profile, I don't want to waste time on te forums.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

please STOP trying to copy Kongregate, it's not cool, ok

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

First off, what do you mean by 'help AG?' In what sense?

How does anything help AG? Earning armatars? AP from posting? how do those help?

Do any good.

Eg: Stop spammers etc.

We have armatars because AG made that up. We have post and get AP to express our thoughts. Without it, AG will have no good ideas.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

All right, but then I can say what good do armatars do?
Armatars don't help at all, it's just something we look forward to unlocking, like the achievements would be.
Same with AP.

We have post and get AP to express our thoughts. Without it, AG will have no good ideas.

You say that like it's required.(The part about getting AP). We can express ou thoughts, make suggestions and help others, but how does AP fit? Would you stop helping others because you wouldn't earn any AP?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

If you say AP isn't needed then i agree 100% on that. But without it we would have almost no users. But AG is making it's own things and so far it's good.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

please STOP trying to copy Kongregate, it's not cool, ok

They have an achievement system, but they're not the only site that uses one. Also, it works for them, why not for us?

If you say AP isn't needed then i agree 100% on that. But without it we would have almost no users.

AP is only used for unlocking armatars. As I said earlier, what if the achievements were to be used in the same way?

Well it's like you said:
We have post and get AP to express our thoughts.

This is just one of those expressed thoughts.

We've strayed a bit off topic, lets get back to the achievements.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Something to learn about Pedspog. Sites that wish to be popular need to have certain perks in order to attract attention. Armatars, and AP are those two pirks, plus the many, many games submitted that are usually pretty decent. Take out around 60,000 ghost accounts, and we have around 80,000 users on AG. There wouldn't be 1/1000 of that number if these two weren't here. We (unfortunately, for the AP part) need these in order to have a flourishing community.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wow did you guys change your mind about achievements all of a sudden?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Something to learn about Pedspog. Sites that wish to be popular need to have certain perks in order to attract attention. Armatars, and AP are those two pirks, plus the many, many games submitted that are usually pretty decent. Take out around 60,000 ghost accounts, and we have around 80,000 users on AG. There wouldn't be 1/1000 of that number if these two weren't here. We (unfortunately, for the AP part) need these in order to have a flourishing community.

The achievements would just be another one of those perks.
True that the AP contributes to the 'flourishing community,' as you put it, but it is also the root of all spam.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

They have an achievement system, but they're not the only site that uses one. Also, it works for them, why not for us?

because we would just be copying them, and besides hardly anyone would like the achievements in AG, they prefer the way AG is now.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Not really help AG so much as add on to AG's variety. It isn't really on AG's "to do" list, and I really don't see it happening. If I want achievements, I would just play XBox.

Ok, so what exactly is on AG's to do list.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

because we would just be copying them, and besides hardly anyone would like the achievements in AG, they prefer the way AG is now.

I think a majority of users will like the acheivements, stop being so negative.

P.S. Sorry for double post.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

because we would just be copying them

Sorry, but that's not a good enough reason to convince me that achievements are bad. Who's to say that they didn't copy it off another site?

and besides hardly anyone would like the achievements in AG, they prefer the way AG is now.

And I suppose you speak for a majority of AG's user whan you say that?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, guessing with your double post Flippin, I would guess that we need a comment preview/edit button XD, I would love that idea myself, but as for the achievements, you all know why. The admins and moderators have said time and time again, that they wish to be their own website, with their own custom perks. So can we please leave it at that? Granted that past topics like these were shot down by reply #20?

Showing 31-45 of 68