ForumsWEPRRight to bear arms

50 9498
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I like it. I like shooting targets, especially with the shotgun. I hate the idea of hunting though.

What do you guys think about it? This can go 2 ways.
1 actual law being there (where people will wtill illegally get guns)
2 guns ceasing to exist

• 50 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

as always I love you Devoid. I can be pissed off as hell and you'll make me laugh.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Heh, I am glad I can help. Laughing adds year to your life. Or does it prevent your hair from falling out..It might make you less likely to become a dictator of a third-world nations. Either way, it is a good thing.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Hunting is not an issue. We can revert back to older weapons. Which reminds me. Good people will not have guns for fun. Bad people will still have weapons, if guns spontaniously dissapear. If they were outlawed, it would be just like Devoidless said. We can get rid of all weapons, but you can make a crossbow out of paper. It makes no sense because those with a will to kill will do so. You can break someone's neck with your hands.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

...I can kill a man with my mind!

Providing I implant a mass amount of C4 in my head, and I can trigger the explosion at will.

But you know, I am kinda crazy. Crazy like a fox!

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-secondamendment-gallery-835.jpg

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Funny, but stay on topic. I think guns are harmless, unless they are used to cause herm.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Hey, I'm staying on topic. I think people should be able to have guns for self protection.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I think that the issue of the second amendment is a bit touchy for a lot of people...especially in my redneck town. They like their guns.

While I see what many of you are saying when you state that people WILL kill each other with or without guns, I think it is still fairly fallacious to say that there is no difference in a person trying to kill someone with their bare hands and having a gun to do it.

The question according to the law is not whether to have control of arms, but how strictly to control them. No one objects to preventing person being barred from owning a nuclear bomb in their basement because they realize that it is dangerous and unnecessary. I, personally, see no need for automatic weapons and have no problem with bans on them. Bans on hunting rifle and stuff are unnecessary. Those are, for better or worse, part of our culture. I'm fine with those.

Let's just stop the unreasonable and unnecessary from being SO easy to obtain. Although there will still be crazy murderers, it will be more difficult for a person to grab one on an impulse. It's a small failsafe, but anything is helpful, in my opinion.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Automatic weapons are banned to the public in the US. People illegally make them...

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

less guns would make things slightly safer, but there are other ways to kill someone. Having a gun for protection is somethng i dont know about though. There are some ups and downs.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

All automatic weapons are not banned to the public in the US. Gun control laws vary more one the state and county levels more than the federal level. There is a county in Kentucky I believe where almost any gun is legal, providing you have the right permits. The guns range from pistols to gattling guns. On a less extreme level, there are people who live around me that legally own AK-47s and M-16s.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I would like to think that stricter gun laws would help, but people are always going to find weapons or make them. Mississippi's gun laws (along with all of our laws) are weak. It is completely legal to own things like AK-47s like Devoid said. But these backwoods rednecks have sawed off double barrel shotguns and even .50 cal sniper rifles. I shot that once and it cleared my sinuses.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh, the loverly .50 cal weapons. Always a thrill. I remember firing a .50 cal muzzle loaded rifle. Helluva weapon.

Even though I realize that if people get weapons like AK-47 and the like, the potential to do bad things arise. But that does not mean it is going to happen. Some people just like collecting the weapons and firing them off because they are pieces of history. Or, you know, just really fun to shoot at fruits with. Teaches the fruits that you do not need all 2-4 servings of fruit because you have big guns, and they do not.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Unless they are part of a Breakfastarian ceremony. That's a whole different story, though.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh, of course. Then the shooting of the fruit represents explosive energy that the Lord required to make the universe. And after the shooting is done, an amazing fruit salad with a ginger-honey dressing can be made and served with breakfast.

Showing 16-30 of 50