ForumsWEPRRight to bear arms

50 9497
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I like it. I like shooting targets, especially with the shotgun. I hate the idea of hunting though.

What do you guys think about it? This can go 2 ways.
1 actual law being there (where people will wtill illegally get guns)
2 guns ceasing to exist

• 50 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Amen!

So, I wish I had a gun right now. I'm pissed because I hate it when I'm tricked into thinking it's warm outside. I look through my window and it's all sunny and spring-like from a distance, but open the door and cold slaps you across the face like you're a brat.

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

I live in britian anyway, gun are illegal over here yet young kids still manage to get hold of them, and as the british police force do not carry guns as standard, when someone dose get hold of a gun and use it for the wrong perposes it can be sometime untill the armed response units get here, also latley there have been alot of CHILDREN shot by the armed police units belived to be carrying guns, when in fact they were carrying plastic ones, so i have heard the PM is going to ban sale of plastic guns as well, but overal, i still belive guns should be banned and personaliy i would give them large time in prison.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Hahah, a little touchy are we? Some pent up rage against weather men? If so, here is what you do...

Get an snowmaker and run in his/her driveway while he/she is asleep during spring or summer. Make sure to cover the cover and surrounding driveway with atleast 3 inches of snow. And there you go! Instant revenge.

Or, you know, you could just shoot him. I mean, what?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The right to bear arms is a great thing. Anyone should be allowed to shoot anyone upside the head if you know what i mean...

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

guns should be illegal.
why do you need a gun for?
protecting urself against someone who goes inside your house?
nah,just lock your doors,and be smart.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

hmm...

The right to bear arms. I am sure that the bears wouldn't like it if their arms were taken off. The poor little bears...what about their rights! Do they have any rights. If no...then they should!

You will not have my teddy bears arms, or any bears for that matter!

lol

KingRyan

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be laws against gun use. That is just the way to go to stop all of this violence.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

People in America think getting rid of guns is the answer however viloence will always be prevalent. In the UK there are no guns yet people are still able to get their hands on them. However these are a select few as it is quite hard to do so and so lots of people use knives over here. Knife crime is a serious problem in London. So even if you take the guns away the people willing o do violence to each other will just do it in a different way.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

making guns illegal would just make it WAY easier to rob corner stores because, what can they do you don't bring a Knife to a gun fight, and it is sooo easy to get illegal guns here if I wanted to I could have one by sunday

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Let me put it this way, guns NEVER should have been made in the first place. Unfortunatly criminals would get them no matter what so they should still be legal

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I personally don't own a gun or have ever shot anything more than an airsoft gun, but the right to bear arms is for the protection and if you abuse this right then you all know what happens. Honestly, I think guns are a great idea. I just think we should've kept it to ourselves. Ever since 9/11 there's been tight security on making sure no guns were on airplanes. I think that is ridiculous and contradictary to our goal. I think that everyone licensed to should be REQUIRED to carry their guns. I mean seriously, would you try to hijack a plane if every single person on the plane could be carrying a concealed weapon?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

If guns kill people, do pencils write mistakes?

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone wants to kill another, he's going to do it with or without a gun. A gun will keep the target protected at least. And if everyone owned a gun, there would be a lot less robberies. And a murderer would be much less likely to attack someone.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I heard some statistics once about self-defense during a violent home invasion, such as robbery. About 22% of people who did nothing to defend themselves were killed, hands and knife defense were somewhere in the 40% death. Guns were best for defense as only 18% died, not to mention the deterrent factor if everyone owned guns.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I would be more afraid to go outside if everyone owned guns. I like it better that there are some out there that own guns, so you never know. But the smart ones don't have any at home.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@necromancer
Thank you for those stats. I knew that there had to be one like it somewhere...

Since, i haven't said anything on this topic. I guess i will.
I whole-heartedly believe that we should continue to be allowed to have weapons. I love hunting and just shooting my parents and family's weapons. And i feel a lot better that my family owns a .357 magnum for blowing an armed robber away, if that ever should happen...sure its too easy to get them but much like prohibition, its not going to work. It will have an adverse effect, if we got rid of weapons.

Showing 31-45 of 50