ForumsSupport ForumThe huge long topics that take up tons of space..

65 7238
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

whenever i go to community i see huge topics and i see whats going in the chat. When i go in there was a bloody frog i think i dont know but it was nasty.....oh gosh.... When to the other one it said like this guy got a flag or something like that what was going on?

• 65 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The meaning of those long titles is just to annoy you and piss people off, and to attract attention. Their basically created by spammers.
Well yeah, we know that. Limit to amount of characters that can be used for a title? Since the really long ones usually gets renamed anyway.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Since the really long ones usually gets renamed anyway.

When a mod gets on.
Some spammers are smart enough to post it when mods aren't online, and that's when we can't do anything about it. They don't like, do much, but I don't know what goes through those people's minds.

Yeah, I think limit characters would be a good idea.
(I just said that in my first post on this thread)
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Weird, this is spamming but only way i can tlak to you..firetail do you have a myspace?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Nope, and don't ask me about facebook, because I don't go on there either. AG chat?

But seriously, did someone hack onto my account and told you I would be gone for two years?

On topic: At least those long titles don't appear that often. They usually don't cover the whole page like the 3 that appeared today.

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

do the mods and admins get on a lot? or im just not noticing?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Gold - Squire

Flag

do the mods and admins get on a lot? or im just not noticing?

They don't stay on very long, but they do check multiple times every day if their not busy, and there are quite a few mods...(and 1 admin)
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Im there fire.(AG chat)

I think someone hacked it..realy long comment about it.

But seriously, did someone hack onto my account and told you I would be gone for two years?

no joke.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I thought there already was a limit on titles. There should have been one a long time ago.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Im there fire.(AG chat)

Wait, I need to find the link.

I think someone hacked it..realy long comment about it.

I don't think anyone hacked my account, or they would have changed the password. Plus, no AP changes or anything. No differences from the last time I was on.

no joke.

I believe ya.

I thought there already was a limit on titles. There should have been one a long time ago.

There's only a limit for commments, they should show how many characters you have left and stop you from posting if you overpassed it.
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

i wouldnt be surprised if someone hacked firetail after all he is the number 1 player on AG

Topic:alright i think we made our point....across here is spam

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Don't worry jond, if anyone wants to further discuss this, the AG chat will be the place.

So here are the ideas so far:

-censorship
-character limit

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

wheres the AG chat?

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

Oh and theres one more possibility keep flagging whoevers doing it..

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

http://unhappyface.net/ag_chat/blab.php

You should hit it up

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I already gave him the link, Ricador, on his comments.

And the comment appears to have come from a fake identity on myspace...

Showing 31-45 of 65