ForumsSupport ForumLess points?

20 3576
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed? You get more points for talking to your friend (the comment board) than going to the forums. But the forum posts tend to be longer and harder to make. Why do you get more points for chatting with a friend than helping Armorgames by posting good suggestions? I think they should swap the points value.

• 20 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It is because the comment-option is the same as commenting on a game. I guess that is why it is igher, also some forum posts are rather short and off topic.
If people worry about this, they worry about AP, something they should not really care about. If you would like to chat without boosting your AP, chat trough IM.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I have always been fighting for comments being worth 1 and posts two. Because it is easier for a mod to peruse the forum and search for spam instead of 100k users comments.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There are always bad sides to both parties, unfortunately. We give forum posts to 2 AP, we will have spam here, the forums will be completely messy, and the community will turn into chaos. Moderators WILL have a better time searching for spam here, but we all want the community to be as clean as possible.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

um you have to think of it this way..

:when you are chatting you can be talking to a person because of a problem they are handling off the communtiy
:and this place would be chaotic if every body fought on community
lus it might be a good idea to comliment someone off the community then on the community because you feel like you did something right

bgfear
bgfear
17 posts
Nomad

Maybe 1 AP for each buddy comment?

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Unless, of course, like I often do, you are helping another member using the user's comments instead of a public forum page.

I think it quite nicely balanced, and isn't a real concern.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I really despise that almost 60% of my AP comes from comments... Honestly, barely half have had content enough to deserve a reward... The rest are, as others have mentioned, help and more thought through conversation... Not the 'how are you' 'oh fine' and stuff (No, I don't post that short comments, but still)...
I guess this is just the way AG is built to work.

Anyone gonna dig up a link to an older version of this suggestion?

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

it is perfectly fine right know how it is if the forums had 2 points then the spammers would just come here and spamm all day and it aint gonna be much help is it?
let them spam in the comments

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Perhaps mods should go through user profiles as well as game comments and delete spam there too. Or maybe people need to do their "civic duty" and clear out their pages and pages of comments that really don't mean anything anymore.

The problem with shifting spam to the forums is that the spam here is of a different variety and topics are more likely to be locked than deleted.

_S_K_E_
_S_K_E_
731 posts
Nomad

it is perfectly fine right know how it is if the forums had 2 points then the spammers would just come here and spam all day and it ain't gonna be much help is it?
let them spam in the comments

Yeah let them, if they do we will delete the comments instead of waiting for the mods to delete them.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd always love if profile comments were 0 AP, or at least 1 AP.
But they save AP encourages activeness, and I can't argue about that...

But regardless of however much points anything gives, I won't give up forum posting.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

well i dont really agree because posts can be locked by only mods but users can delete spam off of their page.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Perhaps mods should go through user profiles as well as game comments and delete spam there too. Or maybe people need to do their "civic duty" and clear out their pages and pages of comments that really don't mean anything anymore.

Yes it might work but imagine how much work there is in this WOW seriously they will have to hire like 10 more mods. just to do that seriously that is a lot of mods.

well i dont really agree because posts can be locked by only mods but users can delete spam off of their page.

Exactly so wich means is that the people that now what spam is they will just delet them so ya and i think that some mods can delet from profiles 2 i don't exactly now but i think it is true.
agentsnake
agentsnake
81 posts
Nomad

i think we should get more it's kind of hard to get in the "10,000"

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i think we should get more it's kind of hard to get in the "10,000"

i know that it is hard and i think that it is good that it is hard if it was to easy then people will get bored of AG very fast so i think that the points we ge right know it is perfectly fine
Showing 1-15 of 20