ForumsGamesshould warfare 1917 have a sequal

50 12657
crazyclive
crazyclive
44 posts
Nomad

should warfare 1917 have a sequal that is in 1945 world war two? i think it would be cool

• 50 Replies
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I think if they were to make a sequel, it would be nice shifting time frames. Something like the American Civil War, the Napoleonic Wars, or D-Day.

Antoun
Antoun
13 posts
Peasant

I would love to see a sequel, but of course logically the sequel would take place during WWII. And making a WWII game like Warfare 1917 would be difficult and would probably stray very far from the original. Therefore the game should probably stay at one part.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Germans Vs Aliens?

HELL YES

MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

I find the mechanism and design of this game to be purely WW I, and it would not really work in any other genre. The trench hopping, the primitive weapons of the day, the deadly grinding out of the advance, so many deaths, for five feet of soil is perfect for WW I, but no so for any other genre.

If there was a sequel, I would prefer it to be WW I again, but with modifications. You could have the option to have a unit drop in the dirt perhaps, or have wind for the poison, and masks that need to be donned really quickly. Maybe you could call in air support, slow and primitive enough to be fun to watch, even barrage balloons, to aid in spotting the enemy, for artillery.

And these are just a few ideas, right off the top of my head; so yes, I think there is room for a sequel, but keep it in the time and place that it makes sense.

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

the should be WWII this time so there iz loads of reinforcments for england

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I agree with mud puddle. WW1 suits the gameplay. Any more modern and it would not be feasible. How would Geran Blitzkreig tactics translate into this design? The levels would be oover in a flash. If there is to be a sequel it could use the modifications mud puddle mentioned. Howvever if it isnt WW1 it could go even earlier to melee combat but i guess that is kind of covered by age of war. It depends really. I would like to see some mention of the RFC and the RNAS if ther is going to be another one.

gameplayer1701
gameplayer1701
2 posts
Nomad

u cant make it ww2 it generaly the same things changed but not to much

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

It will have a sequel. ConArtists did not specify which historical period it will be set in. I do not think it will be set in WWI again.

I find the mechanism and design of this game to be purely WW I, and it would not really work in any other genre. The trench hopping, the primitive weapons of the day, the deadly grinding out of the advance, so many deaths, for five feet of soil is perfect for WW I, but no so for any other genre.

If there was a sequel, I would prefer it to be WW I again, but with modifications. You could have the option to have a unit drop in the dirt perhaps, or have wind for the poison, and masks that need to be donned really quickly. Maybe you could call in air support, slow and primitive enough to be fun to watch, even barrage balloons, to aid in spotting the enemy, for artillery.

And these are just a few ideas, right off the top of my head; so yes, I think there is room for a sequel, but keep it in the time and place that it makes sense.

I do agree, the game suits WWI perfectly. Most importantly because of the trench warfare.
jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

well it could be fought in world war 2 but then again the game mostly goes with ww1 so if there is a sequel there is a 50 50 chance that it will be in ww1.

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
204 posts
Nomad

it should be ww2 as the sequel! that would be sweet!

TeruUnsida
TeruUnsida
1 posts
Nomad

I would like a sequel. Maybe aleins vs aliens with single shot lazers XD

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

warfare 1917 only really works in WWI. You would have to completly change the gameplay to have a diferent war. If they wanted to make a sequel it would need to be in WWI to make it a progression of the same title. If they wanted to put it int a different war they may as well make a different game.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Maybe aleins vs aliens with single shot lazers XD

I agree in making another one , but "aleins vs aliens" would not go good with WW1
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

warfare 1917 only really works in WWI. You would have to completly change the gameplay to have a diferent war. If they wanted to make a sequel it would need to be in WWI to make it a progression of the same title. If they wanted to put it int a different war they may as well make a different game.

I do agree that a sequel not set in WWI would need gameplay to be changed but I do not mind. Anyway, the title of the game is Warfare not, Trench Warfare or WWI. The only problem with having a game not set in WWI is how to change gameplay to ensure excellent gameplay.
ChildofBodom
ChildofBodom
280 posts
Nomad

yes, nuff said

Showing 1-15 of 50