ForumsSupport ForumYou know how people always ask for birthday presents from AG?

193 34683
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

How about this, since people can not like about there join date, why not have something special for those members that are a year old?

Ok, so say since I joined on 6/14, on '09 6/14 maybe something special would happen?

It might be to early to put int action since there are only few members that are almost at a year join date.

• 193 Replies
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I think a mod already saw this but didn't post nothing.

I hate when people use double negatives

He! that was my comment in some other thread! But I aught a moderator doing it... It's cheap when people use a double negative, you never know if they did it on purpose and have a good joke or didn't bother rereading their post.

mods seen this link yet?

Lots of moaning about how no moderator has answered here. Are you people telling me you're so blind as to not see that the first post on this thread was made by Strop? Okay, so he didn't really answer anything, but can you please say that the moderators haven't given a clear answer to the question.

Theone, I saw your attempt to get a mod on here. Carlie is very busy and so many people post there she most likely won't see it. Ask Zophia or Strop or Moegreche, I bet they like to be looked up to once in a while.

So lets analyze Miguelin11's post.
Specifically "didn't post nothing"
Miguelin, i applaud you for using your apostrophe,but DIDN'T post NOTHING is saying that since they didnt post anything, they posted something.
GET IT RIGHT!

Good one. Chuckled there. Miguelin check your posts for double negatives in the future.

amount of AG points every year like just a small amount like 100 but

I don't like the idea of being awarded for being inactive. It would be cheap if you used your user once a month and got rewarded for it. Free AP is never a good idea.

AP wouldn't mean much to some people

Are you sure? There are some AP freaks out there...

Gold font and gold at the bottom for one year membership.

That would be a good idea. People would stay very active for a treat like that. Bait the doggy...

What if there were things like awards. I mean like a little sign under your name saying "Forum contributor" if you've written a lot of forum posts. Moderators could decide if you deserved it(so no heating there). or a "Top ten" if you're in the top 10 users. They could optionally be turned off, and if you had a lot, you can only use two at the same time or get a "Armorgames rising star user" signpost. People would love it.

I got the awards idea from Yahoo Answers. Their these little boxes under good users.

I think the gold fonts should be rewarded to the ACTIVE users.

That's what I mean with moderators having a bit more control in this idea area. If they notice you haven't been very active or you turn evil(you know, you get bored and start messing around) the moderators can strip you of that privilege.

Gold is bright and hurts a select fews eyes.

If you have epilepsy, you shouldn't be on the computer. The letters will be too small to hurt your eyes, and we can give it a dull gleam.

Here is the special thing that will happen, you can put on your about "Dedicated AG member for a year!"

I like the idea. Would be very nice.

What! the special color font is so people can be notice right away how it is a mod, and besides what if you don't want to be recognized like that. Oh, and do you mean just for the day or after they have been here 1 year they get their name in gold and gold font for the rest of their account's life?

Yes, but moderators have the word written underneath them. If the experienced users just had gold you could still tell them apart.

How about if you've been active every week for 3 months, you get a little bronze sign under your icon saying "Thoughtful User". For 6 months you get a silver one saying "Dedicated User" and after you struck gold on a year, the sign says "True Armorgamer!" or something like it.
daviddgu
daviddgu
69 posts
Nomad

the need to get out a new thing not them gay king,hight thing the need like bigger thing for xp memmber game so only memmber can go on them +birth day thing and more cz dis is going shit

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Maybe a little something but I can't really see members getting too much for birthdays.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Meh. It's actually a nice idea. Not needed, but nice. Maybe on the forums you get a little cake besides the rank, and then people say "hapy one year" and your like wee thanks.

lol.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Lige....I'm wondering if your paying her already to ignore some of the things you say sometimes.

On another topic....

How about if you've been active every week for 3 months, you get a little bronze sign under your icon saying "Thoughtful User". For 6 months you get a silver one saying "Dedicated User" and after you struck gold on a year, the sign says "True Armorgamer!" or something like it.

That sounds like another ranking system instead of a reward for one year anniversaries to me.I don't think it would work out.
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

How has this idea not come into power yet? It has so much backing, come on mods.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Wow, had no idea I wrote so much! then again, spent 15 minutes on that post...

the need to get out a new thing not them gay king,hight thing the need like bigger thing for xp memmber game so only memmber can go on them +birth day thing and more cz dis is going ****

I don't understand you at all. All I got was "gay king" and in 99% of cases, that's light flaming.

Maybe a little something but I can't really see members getting too much for birthdays.

Not too much! We don't want something that's worth money. Just little decorations on our users/pages.

That sounds like another ranking system instead of a reward for one year anniversaries to me.I don't think it would work out.

How dare you insult the great and noble Ulimitedpower! Okay, it sounds kinda like a 3 step ranking system. But the difference is that you can really see the difference. And it truly shows that you're not a spammer(I'm pretty sure that spammers get caught after at least 6 months, right?). People who stay around for a long time are usually good people, or else they're people who suppress their urge to do bad things.

How has this idea not come into power yet

Yes, why not? It's interesting, many people have disputed here and the thread is really long. yet the moderators are showing no sign of noticing this. Their have only been two moderators here, and they haven't really given much information or opinion:

By Strop: What, people ask for birthday presents from AG?

And I thought this only ever happened on the other MMOs I used to play.

Wow.

By NoNameC68: Maybe a little something but I can't really see members getting too much for birthdays.

That's all you mods have written on one of the most biggest and most active threads in the support and suggestion forum%Pr
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Maybe a little something but I can't really see members getting too much for birthdays

Membership.*cough**cough*

That's all you mods have written on one of the most biggest and most active threads in the support and suggestion forum%Pr

Pr?

Well it's ok I guess I don't mind.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

What is the membership to??!?!?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

That's all you mods have written on one of the most biggest and most active threads in the support and suggestion forum

Its not really that big a deal. It would be nice to get something after being on for a year, true, but you cant really expect anything too great. This has also been suggested once before a long time ago. We really feel no different towards the idea since the last time this has been brought up.
Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Well this sounds like a nice idea but still i don't really know if AG needs this

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Really, it's all the same if you just post about your birthday on your About Page, near the bottom, or at the top in bold. Enough people will notice, I guarantee it. I've done it before, and I had enough attention by doing so; you really don't need this if you can do something as simple as I've suggested.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well this sounds like a nice idea but still i don't really know if AG needs this

It would be a nice feature to the people that cared much about AG, and have worked for this.

Really, it's all the same if you just post about your birthday on your About Page, near the bottom, or at the top in bold. Enough people will notice, I guarantee it. I've done it before, and I had enough attention by doing so; you really don't need this if you can do something as simple as I've suggested.

Membership for another thousandth time.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

what is the membership too!?!?!?!?!!!

my AG b-day is on sunday

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

what is the membership too!?!?!?!?!!!