ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPresidental Campaigns 2009: ArmorLand

233 37931
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/armorland.png
Hello! And welcome to the elections of 2009, Armorland!
In this competition/tournament, the point is to convince the most possible audience and judges (me), to vote for them! How? Well that is the challenge! Use art, make posters, badges, make poems, stories, speeches, do whatever it takes (as long as you follow the Armorland rules) to be the next pretendesident of Armorland!

This is how it works:
There will be different rounds. Each round lasts a couple of days/weeks. This rounds consist making speeches, shows, marches, whatever it takes too complete the challenge! You can use yourself as a candidate or one of your characters.

Rules:
Use only your own content. Be appropriate, and don't flame, spam anything. Don't use actual political campaigns/sides, to evade discussions and offense. Follow the Armorgame rules. Be cool.

The First Round:
The first round is simple, just post a short description of your character/persona/whatever, and post a picture (not needed, but preferred). Be ready to accept the rules and realize that you will have to complete small challenges, containing art/writing, speeches, and answering questions, for example. Eventually the people votes will be important - but also the judges (who is currently just me, but I will add more later if I can), who are the most important part (to keep it fair). Go nuts.

• 233 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Wouldn't you be doing this already? As a good user?

Going back to the last page and work forward through the section, thread after thread, page after page? Would anyone other than me be stupic enough to do that > >...
I would do the same if I was mod. I would be "that evil mod noone likes".
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Can I still run?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

"Candidates, what makes you more qualified than the others?"
-Toadlord

My master possesses certain talents hat the rest of the applicants do not. He can control the magyck essence that is present in the interwebs. He also exits on a higher plane, which presents both positive and negative qualities. As an elevated being, he possesses a near all-encompassing knowledge of the affairs of lower dimensions. He can not, however, directly influence any dimension but his own. This is why I, his manifestation on this plane, am here in his stead. While I do not have control of his full power, I wield a great enough portion to shape this world to fit our goals.

"Candidates, what would you do if someone stole a BANHAMMER?"
-Anonymous (wink wink

Banhammers are interesting objects. They are items, most commonly weapons, imbued with dark magycks for the purpose of sealing a user's energy within a mystical entrapment for a certain amount of time. These cursed weapons are traditionally possessed by the rouge cult of moderators that is present on this dimension. As I have before stated, I plan to exterminate this group and replace them with a more effective and reliable system of spells. As to the matter of what to do with their tools, I have applied a substantial amount of thought. My master has his mystics working on creating a consecrated chamber to bind the weapons power and rendering them harmless. However, if somebody managed to remove a hammer from the chamber, there could be dire consequences. After much consideration, my master has decided to interweave the consecration spell with the banning spells, thus rendering the weapons useless throughout the forum. However, this plan of action will take time to put into effect. Our Solution for the mean time would be to double the security of the containing chamber in an attempt to prevent theft in the first place.

"How will you kill the mighty hefalumps that have been destroying my crops?"
-Seven_11 (DRAMA :0)

Heffalumps are peaceful creatures, and I have no intent to harm them. If you wish your crops to remain intact, I would suggest opening negotiations with the Heffalumps. If you are not successful, I will speak to them on behalf of my master. He is well respected in the realm of the fantastical.

"What can you bring to the table that the others can't?"
-Toadlord

This appears to be similar to the first question asked of me. Again, I can bring control over the mystical energies bound within the fabric of the interwebs. This enables many possibilities that were not previously available to this world.

"Candidates- what would be the first thing you would to for Armorland should you be elected?"
-Aaroniscool

This mater has already been attended to in the address that I relayed to you from my master. We plan to erect a weave of spells to prevent "spam" and other actions undesirable in nature.

"Candidates, what is your favorite food?"
-SlliM

What is this "food" you speak of? I am unaware of such a thing. It sounds dangerous.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

What is this "food" you speak of? I am unaware of such a thing. It sounds dangerous.

Psssssssst, fail
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

it is since people in Japan try to turn you into it everyday(sushi anyone?)

I shall try to get to these questions eventually.
L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

Alright.Here i got!
Candidates,What would you do if there are lots of people spamming and no mod is online?

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

Too bad that question wont work for Ubertuna lol.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I have a good question for everybody:

Your forum is under siege by velociraptors. You have the doors jammed and the windows boarded up, but you suspect that they are getting in through the crawlspace. At least one is already inside your forum, and there look to be another 30 outside. Assuming that they are enraged and have access to at least one hoverboard, what should you do?

p.s. this species of velociraptor can only be killed by decapitating them, mutilating their bodies, burning the pieces, placing the ashes in a chest, and burying the chest 10 feet below a spot where three paths meet.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Your forum is under siege by velociraptors. You have the doors jammed and the windows boarded up, but you suspect that they are getting in through the crawlspace. At least one is already inside your forum, and there look to be another 30 outside. Assuming that they are enraged and have access to at least one hoverboard, what should you do?

you should dance
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Hmm, knowing my "thread" is the ZSC, my lair/domain, I would use the several fire axes and my fellow team to take care of it.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well, Ubi, i happen to have experience with this species.

You see, they absolutely ADORE pistols.

So, me and my fellow SAT members would grab pistols and fire them into the air and as they are distracted we will take chainsaws and saw off there heads. Then we will mutilate there body's, burn them through a non-satanic ritual, then kill something, and put the pieces in it's chest. Then, this is where it get's tricky. We have to travel to the magical land of shoblicantiopnistantion, which only we can reach through my new '10 Mustang. Then we will assault the temple there where the magical tri-paths meet, and we will bury the bastards. But, there is a hitch. The ground only goes down for nine feet before it hits solid shikocki rock that can only be destroyed fro the underside. So we will go under the temple, blast are way up, and at ten feet we will re-pack shikocki dirt below us so the hole is precisely 10 feet deep, and then we will bury them.

What would you do if there are lots of people spamming and no mod is online?

Take care of it myself. Or i would appoint a user who i think has the potential to be a mod, but if made a permanent mod would become corrupt with power. So i while make them temporary so they can do there stuff until a permanent mod signs on.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I read the entrees, I'll say more when I'm not so burned out. I will say this: Ricador, you're cool and all, but do you actually know what an apostrophe is and how to apply one? If not, seriously consider looking it up.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

do you actually know what an apostrophe is and how to apply one?

I do, it's just that when i type fast i get carried away and I'm not careful, i mean, i aren't stupid it's not like i can't use an apostrophe

I just don't really think logically when i type :P

And plus, i find apostrophes annoying to type >.>
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oooh, and another thing about my grammatical and punctuational skills, i wuv runon sentences <3

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well that's strange, as you seem to use them readily where they shouldn't be.

And I don't think you're stupid, if I thought everyone who wasn't a grammar Nazi was stupid, I wouldn't have any intelligent conversation. It's just odd to me... people can so easily not care about something that seems so important to me. Oh well, I need some sleep.

Showing 136-150 of 233