ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPresidental Campaigns 2009: ArmorLand

233 37884
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/armorland.png
Hello! And welcome to the elections of 2009, Armorland!
In this competition/tournament, the point is to convince the most possible audience and judges (me), to vote for them! How? Well that is the challenge! Use art, make posters, badges, make poems, stories, speeches, do whatever it takes (as long as you follow the Armorland rules) to be the next pretendesident of Armorland!

This is how it works:
There will be different rounds. Each round lasts a couple of days/weeks. This rounds consist making speeches, shows, marches, whatever it takes too complete the challenge! You can use yourself as a candidate or one of your characters.

Rules:
Use only your own content. Be appropriate, and don't flame, spam anything. Don't use actual political campaigns/sides, to evade discussions and offense. Follow the Armorgame rules. Be cool.

The First Round:
The first round is simple, just post a short description of your character/persona/whatever, and post a picture (not needed, but preferred). Be ready to accept the rules and realize that you will have to complete small challenges, containing art/writing, speeches, and answering questions, for example. Eventually the people votes will be important - but also the judges (who is currently just me, but I will add more later if I can), who are the most important part (to keep it fair). Go nuts.

• 233 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

what about the Ban-12 gauge thoad?

Unless it has slugs, I deem it inefficient for zombie slaying.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Unless it has slugs, I deem it inefficient for zombie slaying.

Why do you say that? I find buck shot good for killing just about anything, especially zombies.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well geez i thank most of them time me grammer and spelling do good enough.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Why do you say that? I find buck shot good for killing just about anything, especially zombies.
'

meh, I guess, The entire ZSC has voted a rifle to be a better weapon, mainly because of a reload time. Shotguns would be good for going into buildings because they are easy to aim around corners, but otherwise they are clunky, hard to reload, and overall an unwanted weapon for too close of range.
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

o_O
Id rather have a unlimited supply of ban-nades and an AK40 Ban.. :3

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

My response in a nut shell: To many video games.

A rifle can change magazines faster, but you have to fill said magazine. The rifle is also only affective with a head shot. If you believe you are capable of pulling off head shots in rapid succession, then by all means, grab the rifle. I find it more likely, however, that you could not. Shotguns also have a greater affective range than video games give them credit for. IMHO, to fight zombies, nothing makes up for the stopping power and relative rapid fire of the shotgun. Specifically, the SPAS 12.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Whoah! Lot's of spammious comments!
Hm... tomorrow is the next challenge, and possibly the winner of the previous challenge.

Also...

I WANT A BAN PORTAL GUN

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Whoah! Lot's of spammious comments!

That is because we be bored waiting for the next challenge :P

BTW, Xzeno, you said it perfectly
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Yeah... I was busy.
/playing portal/

Probably doing... struggling to survive...
/in team fortress.../

you know, livin the life.
/half life ;D -oldjoke-/

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Half life is a great game

But i jumped so many times :P

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm playing Half-life 2 right now! I'm on "Anti-Citizen One". I also like Portal, and love TF 2. I play a pyro. We really shouldn't be so off-topic.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

We really shouldn't be so off-topic.

What else are we going to do lol.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Eh, good point. Speaking of shotguns, that's my favorite thing about Half-Life 2: The shotgun. Unlike most games, the shotgun does not have an unrealistic kick, nor is it unrealistically slow to fire. The shotgun works about the same way a SPAS 12 does in real life, which makes it endlessly entertaining. I pretty much only use the shotgun, magnum, RPG and Zero-point Energy Field Manipulator. To be on topic: So candidates, do you think Gordan Freeman is totally awesome, or just an embodiment of Valve's nerdishness.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, thew shotgun is downgraded to much because of all the un-realistic video games out there.

And, eh is epic wail (win and fail).

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Yeah... off topic topic is off topic.
bad leader, bad!

But yeah, I just got the orange box a few days ago, and I beat Portal rather slowly (like half a day summing up hours). But I enjoyed it so much. I already knew a lot since I had played the flash version and seen trailers, so I pretty much thought with portals from the start, but it was SO interesting to see other people play. It's really... weird, seeing someone you know get into portal. That doesn't know much about videogames, of course. And, only in the first levels ;P. Too bad my test subjects didn't pay attention to Glados.

In half-life I'm barely starting, it's very hard for me, I was never a shooter fan, but I'm really liking half-life. I'm in the... third chapter I think. I never played HL1 though, so I was a little confused.

maybe black mesa
that was a joke
haha
fat chance

Showing 166-180 of 233