ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPresidental Campaigns 2009: ArmorLand

233 37888
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/armorland.png
Hello! And welcome to the elections of 2009, Armorland!
In this competition/tournament, the point is to convince the most possible audience and judges (me), to vote for them! How? Well that is the challenge! Use art, make posters, badges, make poems, stories, speeches, do whatever it takes (as long as you follow the Armorland rules) to be the next pretendesident of Armorland!

This is how it works:
There will be different rounds. Each round lasts a couple of days/weeks. This rounds consist making speeches, shows, marches, whatever it takes too complete the challenge! You can use yourself as a candidate or one of your characters.

Rules:
Use only your own content. Be appropriate, and don't flame, spam anything. Don't use actual political campaigns/sides, to evade discussions and offense. Follow the Armorgame rules. Be cool.

The First Round:
The first round is simple, just post a short description of your character/persona/whatever, and post a picture (not needed, but preferred). Be ready to accept the rules and realize that you will have to complete small challenges, containing art/writing, speeches, and answering questions, for example. Eventually the people votes will be important - but also the judges (who is currently just me, but I will add more later if I can), who are the most important part (to keep it fair). Go nuts.

• 233 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Did you ever pick a winner for the poster challenge?

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

No, not yet.
But I will, probably tomorrow.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Yeah, GLaDos is great. One of the best things about portal.

To tell the truth, HL 2 was my first shooter. I played it a little just for some mindless violence, and now I love shooters.

I never played HL1 though, so I was a little confused.
Don't worry, the plot is no more comprehensible if you play the first one. HL 1 plot in a nutshell: Gordan Freeman is a highly educated scientist whose abilities seem to consist of pushing a cart and a button. While trying to create a teleporter, Black Mesa (secret R&D facility) accidentally allows creatures from another universe to invade the facility. Like any MIT graduate, Gordan Freeman solves all of his problems with a crowbar and a shotgun. The government, having read up on their role in cliched sci-fi plots, sends soldiers to kill everyone, and when that doesn't work, they nuke the place. Gordan Freeman avoids this by going to the alien universe and researching the hell out of everything that moves, generally with a rocket launcher. At the end, the Gman [guy in suit who you vaguely remember messing with you the whole game] comes and offers Gordan a choice: Work for him, or stay in this alien wasteland with no hope of rescue. Gordan Freeman, being a man of great intellect but few words, does not answer, but HL 2 proceeds assuming he takes the only logic choice.

Not much of a nutshell, but that sums up the plot nicely.
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

o_O
Were talkin about the orange box now???

I want them to release scout pack in TF2 ._.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Challenge 4: UNEXPECTED EVENT! JAAPAAAN!
Someone complained that the candidates weren't culture rich. They said that they probably didn't even know, what a Haiku was. This appeared in all the newspapers, and now everyone is worried! The only solution to this is... write a Haiku.

So this challenge is to write a Haiku. You can google Haiku to know more about how it works, but in a nutshell it's a short poem with a preset amount of syllables.

Deadline: 24th, may be extended.

-posting winners shortly-

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Winners of previous competitions:

Posters:
This was very hard, many posters were good and funny, but after a lot of thought I have decided that the winner is crimsonblade55.

His poster was nice and simple and still catches the eye.

Questions:
This was also very hard, many answers made me crack up, but the winner can only be one, and its Cenere. The answers were serious, but still had small funny touches, and the Hefalump answer was just cute.

Currently
Ubertuna: 1
Crimsonblade55: 1
Cenere: 1

Go do Haiku now people, and wait until some more people post their entries before s-spamming. >:0!

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/jimmi.png
Jimmi: Well things are starting to get hot up here! After the campaigns did their speeches and pictures, they had to answer some questions by the public. Things are getting a little hectic! Random questions, guns, velociraptors and hefalumps. And also a few candidates with some... personal comments, here and there. After the short period of the games debate, the new challenge may get the candidates a real problem! Stay tuned my dear viewers, Jombo Jim out.

And now a short commercial for the Official Armor Broadcasting Channel, OABC!

Ever felt like things aren't going anywhere? Well then, make things move! With the new amazing PORTAL gun, people can be wherever they want, whenever they want! Everyone in -insert subject name hometown here- will be jealous! Buy now!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I am quite cultured
And am pasteurized as well
Vote for Ricador

Lol, how many get my joke

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm a 2while back I wrote around 3 Haiku's for the poetry contest theme,but i guess I could write a new one right now...

Vote for Crimson Blade
You know you want to do it!!!
Endorsed by Sasquatch

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/SealofApproval-1.jpg

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Should it be a campaign related haiku?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Should it be a campaign related haiku?

It probably does not matter. I think the idea is that we are supposed to show that we have culture, or in my case are cultured ^.^
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

ricador I didn't know you were a dairy product.I would think what ricador said would be accurate.It could be any type of haiku from what he portrayed,and since haiku's typically are japanese poems about nature.Ours are not what I would call ordinary in the genre(or at least in English class to say the least from my past experiences) but mine was about as serious as ricadors though.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/serious.jpg
I find haiku's overall unappealing and not half as ominous as they seem to be.
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/serious.jpg
Haiku's fail.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

ricador I didn't know you were a dairy product

I am the best dairy product that you will ever taste
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I am the best dairy product that you will ever taste

uhh I don't think i want to taste you.I'm not like that sorry.
Showing 181-195 of 233