ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAmulet, a fiction story.

73 19825
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Hello, Armor Games! I have now started to write an entire series, based on a game me and my brother made up a long time ago. There will be 4 parts in the first story -Amulet- and the first will be telling you about the world. The next 4 parts will be broken into chapters, but that is of unimportance. Part 1 (not I, donât get them confused.) is from the perspective of Destor, a half-human who embarks on a journey of revenge. Part 2 is about Destor's son, Destor II. (for the sake of simplicity, he will be referred to as Destor II always) The 2nd part of the story is from Destor II's perspective, about his growing up and then embarking on a long search. Part 3 is from Destor II's daughterâs perspective- about how she rises from a street urchin to a awesomely powerful bounty hunter. (Any resemblance in part 3 to the Metroid series and Samus Aran is entirely coincidental, I just had an awesome idea once.)All of the parts have the same basic story, the main part of which starts near the end of part 1 and ends in the middle of part 3, and in the end it all wraps up. So I present to you- part I, the introduction.

Part i: Basis.

"Ah, how much you do not notice, when you have to focus on one thing."-Matt.

Destor- "a million years pass, but time never changes."

"At the start, we lived on Earth. We never knew. Never cared. How much of that would change, and so soon."- United Galaxies Prez.

Earth, 2000 years from now. A lot has changed, and most of it was better. The main changes: Earth is now the hub of interplanetary commune and trade, for the entire galaxy. The whole world and galaxy is united under one powerful leader, though some might say two. The other sentient race has been found- the Steeli. The Steeli are a race of beings that come in many forms, but the most basic representation of them is like this:

<

They have large hollow bodies that humans can fit inside`and use for travel, if the Steelix is willing. They live billions of years, and have incredible knowledge and strength. 1700 years ago, they came to Earth; however the Humans acted on limited information and attacked them. After a 20 year war, the humans stopped all hostility, after realizing that the Steeli were only a threat if they made them be. The 1700 years that followed were ones of peace and learning, and expansion to a million worlds, everywhere across the galaxy. The main importance of the Steeli in this story is that they can take human forms for a few years at a time, and thus that can lead to one thing only-hybrids. The main character of part 1 is one half-Steelix, the main character of part 2 is one quarter-Steelix, and the main character of part 3 is one 8th-Steelix. The only other importance they have in this story is that the main character of part 1 has a Steelix companion, his half-brother.

The biggest change is the other leader of the universe. It is one corporation that rules all of the others, except for one. (That is Geico, but they are really owned by Atech, just used to make an artificial insurance market.) Atech, the corporation, is not evil; they just produce things extremely well and fast. They do not directly sell anything other than technology themselves, to create more jobs. The Atech center is located on Terra, a beautiful world that is called by some the second capital, and it is an extreme tourist location. The leader of Atech-sometimes called the second leader-is known as Matt, a genius in every way and he also is rumored to contain Steelix blood, but that is not confirmed. Matt and the main character of part one are childhood friends, and both of them would do almost anything to save the other one from something.

That is enough for now, the story will continue later with part 1.

How did you like the backstory? I tried my best on it, but it is hard explaining something to an outsider when it has been going on for 5 years. I actually only included the relevant information, but you do not need to know anything else, and if I think you do later you will learn it then.

• 73 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Groan...

I have 20 minutes to write this, and I don't know how long it will be. But I must write this, I must!

-------------------------------------------------

Destor walked out into the hall, still with the grim look. He harnessed his new power, and blew up the universe.
Now for the real chapter!
Destor walked out into the hall, the grim look still in his eyes. He faced the wall of soldiers, and prepared to fight. They noticed him, and brought out the guns. But before a single one could pull the trigger Destor raised his hand behind his head, pulled it forward and unleashed the current. Lightning came forth from his fingers, killing the front line of soilders. While they were still in shock, having not expected such power, he focused the current for a stronger blow. He raised his hand bakc again, brought it forward, focused, and blew them away. By this time only ten soldiers remained, and Destor finished them with his spear, with Styen's help. After the battle (Destor and Styen were not hurt much) Destor went back to get the list, and went to the ship. After re-installing the engine, Destor got in without a word and flew off. Styen, who was waiting inside, turned to him.
"Destor, I know you are are angry. You can't stand that I could betray you as easily as that. After all, I am the only thing you have left. To realize that everything is impossible to understand, that your life can be destroyed in a day, I can't imagine how any human or hybrid could stand that." Styen always knew exactly what Destor was thinking, due to their bond." But you must know, I only did this to help you. You are also wondering what else I know, what powers you don't have. I can tell you this: I know of none. All I knew is that your element was never unleashed, and I could feel the thunder in you."
Destor did not respond, but continued reading the list. The rest of the journey passed in silence, leaving Styen to reflect on his thoughts.
--------------------------------------------------

You want to know something strange? I just read The Lord of the Rings yesterday (for the third time) and I realized that my writing is more like Tolkien's now, but if I read something else it will be like that. How odd.

And sorry for the short chapter, it was all I could manage tonight.

Destor II - Destor Jr.
Dunno if it looks better but it definitely sounds better ^_^

He refuses to be called Junior by anyone other than his dad. But I, the author, could call him that. I don't know. I will have to think about this for a bit. I'll decide before part 2 though.
texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Ok and thnx for the new chapter

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

I don't know. I just don't know. I don't know what to write. I will try however, for all of your sakes.
IMPORTANT! Please read the entire chapter, despite whatever happens in the middle of it. Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Destor... Ah, Destor" The voice came from the person lying next to him, but it sounded far away. "I wish you would come back more often. I don't get to see you much."
"I'm home as much as I can be. If I could, I would never leave the house again. But I can't." Was that him speaking? He hadn't said the words, but it was still him.
"I know, but I hardly think that a few weeks out of a year is a large enough time to spend with your wife." Destor sat up, and turned. Lying next to him in the bed was someone he would never forget. Her golden hair sparkled in the moonlight, her gentle face looked at him with concern.
"Destor, is everything all right?"
He couldn't think how this could be. How was Mary here, right next to him. Where was the ship? Unless, of course... "I had a bad dream. A nightmare actually, but it seemed so real. I could feel the pain, and I remember it so clearly."
"Well, it's alright now. you're back in bed with your lovely wife. You should just go back to sleep."
"I'm sorry that I woke you. I tried not to, but you know how I am."
He rested his head back on the pillow, relieved that everything was all right. A few minutes later Mary was asleep, but Destor couldn't seem to close his eyes. He wanted to get up, but then he couldn't do that either. He realized that he couldn't move, and something was wrong. A breeze came from the window, which was supposed to be shut. In through it slipped a man, clad in black. All he could do was watch, as the assassin came closer, ready to kill. But then a great bolt of thunder came, and hit the house. It was ripped to pieces, and he lay in the middle of the debris, still unable to move. He felt a hand shaking him, and Styen saying
"Destor, we are almost there. You should get up now."
He opened his eyes, saw only the ship around him, and wanted to go back into the dream. But now, he could only wait until he got to the station. He still didn't talk to Styen for the rest of the trip.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I'm such a staller. Expect more next week(end). Hopefully. I might be in another state then, so possibly not.

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

I just read it all! I think It's great! I wish there was more, but so far, I love it!
The description of the Steeli is really confusing, but I like how everything else is described. I can almost see it all in front of me.
I never read "home made" stories past chapter 1, 'cause they just lose their spark after that. But "Amulet", is really good! I'll be checking back for a new chapter! =)

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it.

The description of the Steeli is really confusing, but I like how everything else is described. I can almost see it all in front of me.

Uhh, I thought this would happen. I have no pictures of them, I can't draw, and my descriptive abilities are veeeeery bad. I don't know what to do.

Just know that they aren't humanoid, they can carry people inside them, and they can go in space, and travel very fast in it. Imagination should do the rest, but don't get too creative. They have a rather simple design.
Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

The first thing that popped into my head after reading the mythril(did i spell it right?) part was the movie "Predator". (You know..the one with Arnold Schwarzenegger fighting an alien in the jungle?) The alien was invisible, but still there were some visible parts. Well, that's what I was thinking, but a little darker. Not transparent, but gray...maybe

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Uhhh, no. Not really. The are entirely visible.

And their body is like a long, 4-sided pyramid. The front is long though, so it doesn't come to a point. At the back of the pyramid, a cube sort of half sticks out. Then the top of the pyramid acts as a jaw, hinging off the square. They have no legs or arms, but use their psy-powers to move and move things. They can, as I said, take a humanoid form sometimes, and after they met the humans they now take entirely human forms sometimes. It takes a bit of training to do this though, without an artifact like Styen has. And those are pretty rare.

Oh, I'll add this just to clear it up- they take humanoid for to.. uhhhh.... mate. They only do that for conception, though. Every other part of having/raising children is done in Steelix form. They can't mate in the Steelix form, no one knows why. Except them.

I hope that cleared it up a bit.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Oh, sorry for double post, but I found the colour.

images?q=tbn<i class=http://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-clans/mythril.PNG" alt="http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbnhttp://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-clans/mythril.PNG" />

See the background? About that colour. Not any of the picture itself, just the background.

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

And their body is like a long, 4-sided pyramid. The front is long though, so it doesn't come to a point. At the back of the pyramid, a cube sort of half sticks out. Then the top of the pyramid acts as a jaw, hinging off the square.

Still blurred, but it's a little better.
Well, blurred or not, I'll be waiting for the next chapter!
texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Hmm I thought that they were just a bit bigger and more ehh squarish.
I prefer no to see the image of the Steelix, ruins my perfect image I have of them :P

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Blip, Blip, BEEEP! [metallic tone] Auto-write machine complete. Story chapter achieved ahead of schedule. Commencing story post.[/metallic tone].

Well, my writing machine.. Errr, skill... got another upgrade from Atech.... Err, I mean I am on vacation so I can write more.... Anyway, a new chapter.

Oh note, all part-Steeli have silver pupils. And they are not at all like the pokemon Steelix.
-------------------------------------------
Destor had gotten te list down to 3. Wait, 2. He looked at the two remaining names- Naoel base and Main base. He guessed Main base, because if this was a trap, which it ought to be, they would want him to come to their biggest, baddest, most heavily fortified base. He set the navigator to the coordinates of the Main base and sat back. Now to wait.

Destor sat up. He could see the space station on the limits of his vision. Checking the computer, he saw that only 6 minutes remained. He awoke Styen from his meditation, and readied for a fight. Noting to do now but wait.

The ship touched down in the station, but Styen beckoned to Destor before he could get out.
"Destor, I am not coming with you. You must face your own challenges in there, and you must face them alone. You will have to deal with some things you won't be able to stand. But I will be there when you need me, despite the situation."
"So even my brother forsakes me. So be it, I need no help. Keep the ship ready for me" Destor gritted his teeth, but went out with no more words.

Outside the ship, it was not what he expected. The room was not full of soldiers, but only one woman. Her hair was black, and reached to her shoulders, her face was beyond description, with peircing eyes that concentrated on Destor. She wore a black buisness suit, and was walking towards Destor.

"I was expecting you. Welcome back." Her voice sounded like a caring mothers, but it was too hard to get that feeling.
"Alyssa[pronunced ah LIS sah]. I was not expecting you. How good to be back."
" So, tell me, why are you back? I thought you left in disgust at our ideals."
"You killed my wife. I want revenge. I have no respect for you anymore, and you are going to die."
Alyssa gasped. "You have a wife? Little Destor is all grown up now!"
"Arrgh!" Destor rushed at her, and prepared to run her through with her spear. It hit her chest, and was stopped by an energy shield.
"Energy shields. The latest prototype from Atech, with a few tweaks. They can't get it to work yet." The motherly tone was gone now, replaced with a business-like tone. "Yes, I murdered your wife. You should have heard her squeal. You might have had better luck with one of us." The word us was spat out, in disgust.
"I don't get it.. Why!!!? Why did you bring me here!?"
"So you don't know? Let me show you." She walked off, and beckoned for him to follow.
---------------------------------------------

Ahh, that was nice. I like writing, it's peaceful.

I prefer no to see the image of the Steelix, ruins my perfect image I have of them :P

But that might be wrong! D: What would you do then!

But no, even with better internet, I cannot draw. And I forgot to take the model of one I made. Dammit.
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

I ought to write this, so I will.

Description of Destor-
Hair: brown. He keeps it short, but it still is long enough to see it if he glances upwards.
Face: he isn't extraordinarily anything for a part-Steeli, but he is kind of attractive... I guess. I haven't ever drawn him or anything, though. He is just kind of average.
Height: Kind of tall for a part-Steelix, the top of his head is 6 feet 3 inches from the ground.
Clothes: An orange full-body jumpsuit. Nothing else but a glove.
Body: He is pretty fit, but as I said he isn't extraordinarily attractive.
Eyes: Silver pupils, like all part Steeli, but the irises are light brown. They are normally soft and kind, but not when he is angry.
Etc.: A glove is worn on his right hand, as with all part-Steeli. Only they know why. He uses a spear for a weapon, and it is usually strapped to his back.
Abnormal: he is rather powerful for a part-Steelix, and can generaly own most others in a fight. He isn't the strongest though.

Er, sorry for the DP, but I don't think it counts if there are 45 minutes between the two.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Cool... I like the story so far...

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

It's been 8 days since the last part! When is the next one coming? *anxious*

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Aww, I was gone skiing and I was hoping to see many parts when I got back. But it has been over two weeks since the last part came out

Showing 31-45 of 73