ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAmulet, a fiction story.

73 19826
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Hello, Armor Games! I have now started to write an entire series, based on a game me and my brother made up a long time ago. There will be 4 parts in the first story -Amulet- and the first will be telling you about the world. The next 4 parts will be broken into chapters, but that is of unimportance. Part 1 (not I, donât get them confused.) is from the perspective of Destor, a half-human who embarks on a journey of revenge. Part 2 is about Destor's son, Destor II. (for the sake of simplicity, he will be referred to as Destor II always) The 2nd part of the story is from Destor II's perspective, about his growing up and then embarking on a long search. Part 3 is from Destor II's daughterâs perspective- about how she rises from a street urchin to a awesomely powerful bounty hunter. (Any resemblance in part 3 to the Metroid series and Samus Aran is entirely coincidental, I just had an awesome idea once.)All of the parts have the same basic story, the main part of which starts near the end of part 1 and ends in the middle of part 3, and in the end it all wraps up. So I present to you- part I, the introduction.

Part i: Basis.

"Ah, how much you do not notice, when you have to focus on one thing."-Matt.

Destor- "a million years pass, but time never changes."

"At the start, we lived on Earth. We never knew. Never cared. How much of that would change, and so soon."- United Galaxies Prez.

Earth, 2000 years from now. A lot has changed, and most of it was better. The main changes: Earth is now the hub of interplanetary commune and trade, for the entire galaxy. The whole world and galaxy is united under one powerful leader, though some might say two. The other sentient race has been found- the Steeli. The Steeli are a race of beings that come in many forms, but the most basic representation of them is like this:

<

They have large hollow bodies that humans can fit inside`and use for travel, if the Steelix is willing. They live billions of years, and have incredible knowledge and strength. 1700 years ago, they came to Earth; however the Humans acted on limited information and attacked them. After a 20 year war, the humans stopped all hostility, after realizing that the Steeli were only a threat if they made them be. The 1700 years that followed were ones of peace and learning, and expansion to a million worlds, everywhere across the galaxy. The main importance of the Steeli in this story is that they can take human forms for a few years at a time, and thus that can lead to one thing only-hybrids. The main character of part 1 is one half-Steelix, the main character of part 2 is one quarter-Steelix, and the main character of part 3 is one 8th-Steelix. The only other importance they have in this story is that the main character of part 1 has a Steelix companion, his half-brother.

The biggest change is the other leader of the universe. It is one corporation that rules all of the others, except for one. (That is Geico, but they are really owned by Atech, just used to make an artificial insurance market.) Atech, the corporation, is not evil; they just produce things extremely well and fast. They do not directly sell anything other than technology themselves, to create more jobs. The Atech center is located on Terra, a beautiful world that is called by some the second capital, and it is an extreme tourist location. The leader of Atech-sometimes called the second leader-is known as Matt, a genius in every way and he also is rumored to contain Steelix blood, but that is not confirmed. Matt and the main character of part one are childhood friends, and both of them would do almost anything to save the other one from something.

That is enough for now, the story will continue later with part 1.

How did you like the backstory? I tried my best on it, but it is hard explaining something to an outsider when it has been going on for 5 years. I actually only included the relevant information, but you do not need to know anything else, and if I think you do later you will learn it then.

• 73 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Destor followed Alyssa through the door, into a long hall filled with machines, all of them whirring and buzzing to some unknown purpose. At the end of the hall, Alyssa punched in a number on a keypad, and went through the door.
"Whatever is in here, it's why I came. This is the end of the road." Destor was thinking what could be behind that door, but didn't dare to say a word. "I have to come up with a way to win this! No shield is invincible!"
He went through the door, and stopped. Inside were several horribly mutated corpses lying on desks, being watched and studied by scientists. Destor had seen this before once, when Atec had tried to...
"So, you see what we are doing? The perfect weapon to conquer the universe with, and we have perfected it."
"Infusing Steelix blood into humans. But they're incompatible. You get mutants like this, with horribly short lives! How can you be so heartless!" Destor was in a rage now. "You did all this, just to try and get the perfect warrior! I can't stand it anymore! DIE!"
Destor dropped his spear and forced all of his rage into a single bolt of lightning, which he forced into the shield, overloading it with power. It surged for a moment, then failed. Destor grabbed his spear from where it had fallen, and stabbed it out. Before realizing what had happened, his hands where covered in silver blood.
"Destor.... I.. I was only trying for the... the best..." Alyssa slumped over, and hit the floor. She was no longer breathing.
Destor looked around, and saw a horrible sight. Everyone else had left the room, and something was coming out of a side door. A giant, silver mass walked out, trying to take a form. The first thing it became was a Steelix, but it then changed into a giant human-shape, towering over Destor.
"So this is my last fight. I have to destroy this thing, and the rest of them."
Destor stood facing the silver form, and decided to take the first strike. Leaping forward, he spun in midair and stabbed his spear into the hybrid's back. He was about to lightning it, when a huge hand swung around and forced him against the wall. It grabbed him and mashed him against the wall several times, before flinging him across the room. Destor hit the wall, and was buried beneath a pile of rubble. The hybrid came forward, preparing to crush him. But, just before it could, he sprang out of the rubble and to the side. He ran around back, jumped back up to his spear, and pulled it out of the hybrid's back. The force of pulling sent him out into the air, and he knew now was the time to strike. He called for all of his energy and wrapped it around his spear. He hurtled the spear with all of his force at the hybrid's neck, and dropped to the ground. The next few moments seemed to happen all at once, and all he could remember was the horrible dying screams. He also remembered walking over to a puddle of silver mass and getting his spear. He remembered overcharging the generator in thr room, and setting it to blow up the entire station. He remembered that he couldn't have made it out in time, and he remembered a voice in his ear
"Destor, it's time to go."
And he remembered nothing more.

End of part one! And now for a teaser trailer for part two:

I still don't know what happened that day. And I might never. But I have to make sure at least someone knows of this, and where and when I am. It started as a normal day, I was at Atech, training, and that was when this all began.

I'm so sorry I wasn't writing anything, but my vacation sort of extended a bit, and then I was really busy with other things. I'll be on a lot more now! And now you get part two!

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Yaaay thnx for this part and the teaser, I'm glad you didn't stopped writing ^_^

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

Yaaay thnx for this part and the teaser, I'm glad you didn't stopped writing ^_^

Same here! Can't wait for the next part! :3
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Well, the second part is officially began. I just have to clear up a few things first, because I don't know how to tie it into the story.
1. No one has seen Destor or Styen since the station blew up ten years ago, they are presumed dead.
2. The Silver Order is now basically gone. They have no power at all left, with the loss of their experiments and head director.
3. The second part is written by me. Destor II. You did get that I am him, right? I hope so. But it will be in first person.
4. Brackets [like these] function the same exact way. Parenthesis will be used as they normally are in writing, but DURING DIALOGUE, PARENTHESIS() WILL MEAN THINGS THAT WERE NOT SPOKEN, BUT ARE THOUGHTS.
5. I will attempt to write as much as before, but don't be worried if you don't hear from me for a week sometimes.
6. I will be at a full-day party tomorrow and can't write.
7. My powers are still completely dormant where this story beings with, I don't even have jumping yet. And all that I feel around radioactive things is a chill.
8. There are going to be things in this that you will not understand nor find out in the stories course. You will maybe never find out the secret behind these mysteries, as they would take pages of explaining.
9. I will call myself Destor in this, and will make a special note when Destor refers to my father.

Description of myself:
Tall, brown hair and green eyes (silver pupils) and my skin is a light tan colour. I most of the time wear polo shirts and jeans when not in battle, but I have a suit like my fathers for battle. I use an energy sword (A sword that gets charged with power and glows, not like a lightsaber form Star Wars) for most of my fighting, but carry a Lazer brand pistol with me for emergency use. I guess you could call me attractive, but I wouldn't go over the top with that. Oh, yeah, I also wear an old-fashioned black cape with a hood always. I never take it off. And I have this amulet thing that was my dad's, it came one day in the ship he left in with a note that said to give it to me, and that it was important. I don't know why. Oh, and I'm 19 years old, but I look more like 17, because I'm Quarter-Steelix. Which has it's advantages and disadvantages, but I like it a lot.

So, get out a bottle of Gatorade and some chips, the second part has officially begun!

I still don't know what happened that day. And I might never. But I have to make sure at least someone knows of this, and where and when I am. It started as a normal day, I was at Atech, training, and that was when this all began. I had finished all of my other work and was doing combat training. I don't remember all of the drills I did that day, but the important part was when I was doing the last drill of the day. It was a Jump Drill, you were inserted into a holo-trainer and you where in a room. A really tall room. It had platforms sticking out of the walls, like circular stairs that where missing a LOT between the steps, and you had to jump across them to get up, and the room would keep disappearing beneath you. There was no way to win it though, you just had to try your best to keep going. The bad part is when you fail, you fall into the nothingness, and it engulfs you. You can't do anything but fall, until you remember how to exit the hologram. I really preferred combat drills a lot, but that one is necessary to "improve endurance and reaction time". So anyway, I was in this drill. I was doing somewhat good, when I slipped on a landing. I fell and fell and fell, until I came to the rising nothingness. I almost hit it, when my virtual shirt snagged on a jagged stair edge. I managed to pull myself up, but there was no way to escape the nothingness fast enough. I had to just wait for it. Now for some reason this irked me, this just standing there waiting to die, so I tried to jump. But I messed up and jumped up instead of at the next stair. Except I went past the stair above me, and the next one too. And the next and next and next. I passed another one and started to fall, so I grabbed it as I passed and pulled myself up. I kept going like this for a while, as my powers had just come out, until something odd happened. I hit the roof. The roof that didn't exist. I hit the roof, broke through, and came out on the top of a building in downtown Oasis, (A town on Terra) but how did I get here. And more amazingly, below me there was a virtual world of people, living lives. They where correct down to the smallest detail, and the town looked almost exactly as I remembered it, but maybe a bit older. No computer, even prototype Atech designs, could possibly make something like this. It was decades, maybe centuries, away. So how was this possible? I wonder if it was...

"ARRGH!" There is always a shock when you come out of a holo-room, because such a shock is what brings you back to the real world after the machine is turned off.
"Destor... What was that?" This was my instructor. She was one of those people who might be a professional athlete, but for some reason did something else. Lots of muscle, slim build, and a ton of power.
"I, um, I don't know. The jumping must have been power awakening [it is normally around 16 for half-Steeli, but he is a quarter-Steelix so it takes a bit longer for him], but I have no idea what the other part was." This was completely true, of course. I had been hoping my instructor would know.
"Well, I'll go tell Matt that your-" She was cut off by the P.A. system
"Will Destor Arkan the Second please come to Matt's office- at ONCE! Wait, never mind. Please ignore this statement."
I wondered why that had happened, when I realized why I didn't have to go. Matt was crazy about his new working teleport travel system, despite only being efficient to use in a large building like the HQ[I will use HQ to mean the Atech main building]. I waited around for a moment, and then appeared in Matt's office.

And that's the end for now. Sorry, but [Porky Pig] ahde ahbade dee abda dee, that's all folks! [/Porky Pig] Why? Because it's 1:30 and I have to go to sleep so I can be myself at the party tomorrow. I have a life other than writing this, y'know.

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

yaaaaaaaay, I pretty much quit being active on armorgames but I keep coming back to read your story. I love it

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Big D iz bak! I was at a camp last week, but I am now back and writing! I was going to put it off for a day, but figured I owe it to all of the anxious readers. Of course, it is a cliffhanger again.

----\\
\\O
0\\
/\\

(Hopefully the "Cliffhanger" will come out like it looks now, but you never know.)

Say, if you like my writing be sure to check out my poems!
Chap. 2
I was warped to the hallway outside Matt's room, and inside I heard Matt in a shouting match with some hologram. I couldn't see the face, but I could clearly hear.
"Well, it must have been left over from the last phase!" Matt shouted at the screen. I could tell he was angry, most unusual for him.
A cold voice came out from the room, yet it was clearly an angry cold voice. "Matt, there is no room for error in something like this. If the other Lords hear of this, or if any of the other orders heard... MATT, I WILL NOT SUFFER FROM YOUR MISTAKE! If you don't get rid of that immediately, I will come over there and shove my fist down your throat."
"I- I don't have any idea what else is left. It could take days." Matt was trying to control himself now, but his voice was shaky and uneven.
"The next session is in two weeks... If this isn't fixed by then, I will forget protocol and shift all of the blame to you. Good luck." The holo-projector's connection was cut off, and Matt turned around. He was still shaking a bit when he saw me standing there.
"What!" He cried "What the nerza[Matt was speaking in Steelian here, to be clear. He learnt it during an extensive study of Steeli during the war.] are you doing! What did you hear? Tell me!"
"Um..." I decided to come clean "I heard from when you said 'It must have been left over from the last phase', up to the end. What were you talking about?"
"... My D&D group is very... passionate. We often get into arguments." This for the moment explained everything, but I doubted it in the back of my mind.
"Ok, well whatever. So what did you want me for?"
"Destor... what did you see on the roof? TELL ME!" Matt seemed anxios, and his voice was wavering.
"I saw... A world. A virtual world."
"Oh, entia[Steelian again]. So it was still there. I have got to stop recycling old programs. But anyway, Destor, let me explai-" Matt was cut off by a dozen soldiers appearing out of nowhere in the room, with guns aimed at both me and Matt.
"Duck." Matt said, and that was when my life fell into pieces.

'Till next time, my friends!

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

cya next time! =)

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

Gaaaahh!!!!! You can't do this to me!!!!!! You can't just cut off in the middle of the best part!!!!! D: You better write the 3rd(?) part soon!!!!

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

"Whatheholyhowdidthatwheredidthoseguys..MMPH!" This was my response to seeing a group of armed soldiers appearing in the room spontaneously. The MMPH was caused by Matt clamping his hand over my mouth. He already had a gun drawn and aimed at the soldier in front of him. The soldiers were clad in white armor, with helmets on. You could not see through the black visors on their helmets. The leader of the group was standing back a little, but you could see that he was the leader. He had a few medals on the otherwise clean suit, and his sleeves had a black stripe on it. Each of the soldiers had a number on their helmet, seemingly for identification. The 11 normal soldiers had various numbers from 153265 to 979543, most of them only 6 digits. The leader had 02 on his helmet, so I guessed at him being a battle-hardened veteran.
A cold, toneless voice came from the commander " Mattan W. Hikali and Destor Arkan the Second, you are wanted by the Central Time Force for violating the 3rd law of CTF document 1, and for drawing weapons in the presence of a Time Squad. Drop said weapons and place your hands at your backs, and you will not come to any harm."
I was about to drop my energy sword when Matt responded "Destor is innocent, the fault is mine. But since you won't believe that... I have to take care of you. Destor, get out. These guys won't hesitate to incapacitate you, or time freeze you. I will explain later, but right now you have to RUN!"
Lacking any other choice, I obeyed.

I'm, sorry. I've failed you all. I wrote only one chapter this weekend. Oh, and as you might have guessed, we will be using this guy* a lot.

* This guy means...
----\\
\\O
0\\
||\\
/\\
The cliffhanger! I like to keep people in suspense!

Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

If you keep doing this I'll push you of the cliff myself!
But...great chapter! I'm waiting for the next one! =3

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

If you keep doing this I'll push you of the cliff myself!
But...great chapter! I'm waiting for the next one! =3

But then you would not get to read any more of this. Heh.

Chapter 3.14159265

I started to run. I didn't make it very far, because before I had gone two steps I was shot. And there was pain. Lots of pain. Burning, horrible pain. I was shot more. I lost consciousness, and then I..... DIED!!!!

The End.

Nah, just kidding. I was going to write some, but I can't figure out how to portray what happened next. But my extremely huge (three and a half people) fanbase can expect another chapter sometime in the week. And another one on the weekend.
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Wow, can't wait for the next chapter!

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

WOW! You really should make that in to a book.

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

But my extremely huge (three and a half people) fanbase can expect another chapter sometime in the week. And another one on the weekend.

I guess I'm the half here :P
Angeeel
Angeeel
328 posts
Nomad

But then you would not get to read any more of this. Heh.

Good point! But I can still hurt you! =) In some weird...virtual..way...yeah..

Just write some more! =3
Showing 46-60 of 73