ForumsGame WalkthroughsSomeone willing to do a full Sonny walkthru

28 28153
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Hey all you regular walkthru users and makers, I would like to request a full, well made Sonny walk thru. It is the most questioned game around. I think some collaboration with a few of you guys that have already made some short walkthrus would be great. I'm talking make an FAQ guide by gathering the popular questions on the forum, making a boss guide, a getting-started, I mean do it all. Then once it is all together and we can make the topics stick, I will be willing to make it sticky.

Please give credit where it is due, also.

• 28 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I'm up to the job. A full sonny walkthough might be hard tough, especially if it is all-class inclusive, in which case I would have to play through the game two more times. I can give a walkthrough for the assassin andd destruyer as of now though, I'll make sure to hav it posted within an hour.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Full Walkthrough for Sonny: Version 1.0

I have only beaten the game with two classes so far, the destroyer and the assassin, s I will post walkthroughs for both of those classes now. As I continue to play the game I will make sure to update the walkthrough. Letâs start with the destroyer:

Destroyer: This character is all about melee power. He has a substantial amount of health and can deal one hit kills if you set up the moves correctly. Starting off, you really want toupgrade his strength and health. Put no stat points into magic or speed at the moment, as those are his weak points. It took me a while to get this, so I am going to tell all of you now: The character with the highest speed moves first in a fight!!! This can make a big difference later in the game! Right now the destroyer has a low speed, and there are no other party members, so it is a little pointless to upgrade it. As for abilities, you want to upgrade smash until you reash level 8, at which point you want to respec and get coup de grace, the destroyerâs bread and butter. Actually it is the best move for the assassin, but it works well with any melee oriented character. The first zone shouldnât be too hard to beat. Just attack the zombies and use supress everey time that they use their rage. The boss is pretty easy, just donât attack the guy with the sword first. He has low attack damage and high health. Kill the other two people before your go for him. After you win, you should get one of two weapons, a sword or a gun. If you get the sword, equip it. If you get the gun, sell it and buy the axe from the shop (if you havenât already). Now you should move on to the next zone, the ghost beach place. You definitely want to train before fighting here. Try to get enough money to buy the sword and some of the new armor (either the green set or the red set). Now you should start to focus on some different abilities. Try to level up coup de grave a few times, but make sure to get heroic motivation. It is a great all-purpose healing spell. You want to have a bunch of buffs equiped, I had sunder, wound, and aggression, along with break, your healing spell, and coup de grace. Your attack pattern should be to use aggression on yourself, then use sunder on the opponent, then wound, and then use coup de grace. Save your break for emergencies when you need a turn to heal. You also wnat to get blood focus, as it is the only way to regenerate focus at this time. As for your stats, upgrade strength and vitality, and maybe add a couple of points to speed. Just play though until you get to the boss. Once you get to him, you might want to respec and get shatter bolt or electro bolt, since these can eliminate his rage. DO NOT LET HIM ATTACK WITH HIS RAGE!!! YOU WILL DIE A PAINFUL DEATH!!! when fighting him, I replaced coup de grace with blood strike, sinnce it has a lower cooldown. Use the same attack pattern as before to land massive strikes and eventually kill him. Now you should have a shiny new piece or armour Make sure to equip it, it is the best you will be seeing for a while. Now you should be at the plains, which means fighting a bunch of shamans and golems. This can get rather tricky. If I remember correctly, golems can hit pretty hard here, so it is best to knock them out fast. The shamans can get quite annoying as well, but at least they give good armor. Try to get the set of knightâs armor and buy the great big slicey sword There are wuite a few fights in this level, so I am not going to talk you through each and every one. I will tell you how to beat the important fights, which include: The Shaman Counncil, The Paladinâs Backup, Rock Star, The Baron, and The Paladin. There are three different types of shaman, and these are similar to the gunslinger, guardian, and assassin. When fighting the council, it is important to take out breaker first. He has a fairly low amount of health and he deal HUGE amounts of damage. He can be killed quickly using coup de grace and your buffs. Next, you should go for striker. This guy can get irritating after he heals a few times, but just keep trying. If you can land a couple good hits on him, heâs toast. With the other two shamans gone, you should have no trouble finishing the job. As for the Paladinâs backup, you just have to use the same stratagy as before. Kill the one with the lowest health first and then kill the one with the highest health last. Rock Star is kind of annoying because he can use supression. If he does this, just heal your guys and wait for the buff to end. You can also stun him if you have shatter bolt or dispell the effect if you have electro bolt. Now you should just wear him down until he dies. The Baron is a pretty tricky foe. You cannot do any damage to him, so respec and get heroic motivation, shatter bolt, break, and sunder. Your main goal here is to keep your allies alive, especially the paladin, as he is the only person that can hurt the baron. Use shatter bolt and break every time that they recharge, and eventually the paladin will kill him. The Paladin is the final boss for the plains. He is a very tricky foe to defeat. You need to respec and get your old abilities back. If you are lucky, you might be able to kill him using subversion, but that is not what I did. You have to equip electro bolt so hat you can dispell his shield. Just wear him down until he uses his heal, then wear him down until he heals again. Rinse and repeat until he has no focus left. Now attack hard and fast to kill him!!!

Now we get to my favourite part: Bosses!!!

After you kill the paladin, you might want to beat him a few more times to get the full armor set. Make sure to give it to veradux. If you look in your inventory you will notice new characters! Make sure to add amber and veradux. You also want to do special training, as it will give you a fair amount of gold. Train until you can get Destruction. My fingers are getting sore right about now, so I will finish this up the boss walkthrough in a little bit. Enjoy!

ta da

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

wow...

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, and if it is going to be for all four character I need to do that THREE MORE TIMES, as well as play though the enitre game tow more times, with the gaurdian and gunslinger.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, keep it up! That is what I'm talking about! If I was a good walkthru writer I would help out.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

i would but there is no edit button i also am going to make a age of war guide a guide to beat easy but the catch. NO UNITS just powerups and turrets

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Thanks Asherlee. I think I am going to borrow some of the stuff about the bosses from here. They did a pretty good job on those.

deadlymanz
deadlymanz
66 posts
Nomad

I might do a walkthrough on all the bosses on sonny. Actually i will, but should i post it here or on a new topic?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I almost beat the game on guardian...

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I beat with guardian, but i have to say there really is no point in a sonny walkthrough. It is a very straight forward game, part of it is just leveling till you can defeat the enemy you have trouble with. besides If I can beat it without a strategy guide I am sure anyone can.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but it was still a request walkthrough, and I had time, so I decided to make one. I make pretty good walkthroughs, I did a couple for the submachine games. One for 2 and one for 3, never got around to the 4th one though. The universal walkthrough that works for any game is this:

1. go to www.google.com
2. type the name of your game followed by the word "walkthrough" into the search bar.
3. press enter.
4. click on the first few links that come up.

IT WORKS EVERY TIME

knightdude
knightdude
23 posts
Nomad

sorry I guess I got too carried away with my idea plz forgive me man and I thought my full walk through was good it just ended up been theworst but this ones alot beter!

lava_king_11
lava_king_11
27 posts
Nomad

if your going to make a FAQ guide you should add what armor to give veradux. thats asked alot

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Sonny WalkThrough

Classes

Destroyer - A physical melee class, specializing in strength and endurance. You can play as a defensive (survival) or offensive character. This seemed like a logical beginner character so I choose this. There are 3 other options.

Guardian - A hybrid class, based in both magic and physical strength. The guardian has very high survivability and offers many different play styles.

Assassin - A physical melee class, with high speed and high burst damage, but low health

Gunslinger - A magic-based class, that can deal massive damage with deadly spells and abilities. The Gunslinger, however, has very low health.

Stage 1 - destroyer Ship

This seems to be an intro where you learn how to attack and manage everything. Just defeat all the enemies and you should be ok!

Be sure to visit the shop to buy some more items! The teeshirt looks very stylish this time of year! Well, I will keep working on this but feel free to give suggestions!

Stage 2

I recommend training your character before fighting the next level. You earn exp and get items that will be VERY useful⦠I did a real fight and atraining fight alternating to make sure I had enough EXP to move forward..

Note: make sure you buy weapons for you class level!!! I learned this the HARD way!

Stage 2 boss - I beat the boss by having my teemage on tactical and using the wound attack for everything. I also used iron skin to give myself some more health as well.

Stage 3 - It seems that you should be on level 10 before moving forward. If you are not, like myself, you will need to level up!

Tip: Sometimes it is better to just survive until the enemy runs out of magic. Once they do, their attacks are much much weaker!

Tip: sometimes luck plays a role. I have played the same battle 20 times until I finally win. Sometimes, the enemies unfairly gang up on a unit causing much harm!

End boss baron: Keep your players alive. Use break and hope nothing ill happens to the medicâ¦I also equipped all defensive moves to keep my players alive longer. It took a LONG time but I eventually beat the boss..

End Boss Paridin: pending - Remember to equip back the attack gear. I beat him by removing all of my stats and focusing on health and regen. I also had smash and break. I used break when he put rage on himself and kept healing myself and my partner. It took some time, but Sonny was triumphant!

Level 4 - Non Story mode

Note, you need to go to the map in order to get to Level 4. I was playing the boss for level 3 a few thousand times before I figured this outâ¦

Training level - So training level is annoying. Once they start shielding, and you are down a man, just give up. It is not worth fighting over. I have the new girl set as aggressive and the medic set as defense. Also donât forget to equip the new girl! She is your whole attack strategy. Whoever she hits first, focus on. Also, keep her alive at all costs! If she falls, the enemy is much harder!

Note from anonymous: you have more than then assassin girl. you also have a gunslinger, destroyer, and guardian. there will be boxes beside the assassin girl in ur inventory, you just have to shift+click the box to use them. they start at level 12, and it takes a while to train them, but itâs worth it since they each have their advantages against each boss.

Ignition - I used a very basic strategy to defeat him.

Break his knee caps. I used the shatter bolt to stun him two turns and break to stun him 1 turn. That is 3 turns he cannot move. I would then depend on my assasin to take big hits.
Invest in healing. I would heal if he put the death spell on a character. Alive characters are happier than dead ones
Stay alive! You do those tips, you will have him dead!
Omen: I have not defeated him yet just beat him but here is my strategy

Zarzima_2112
Zarzima_2112
22 posts
Nomad

i cant get through the plains on gaurdian. i got to check something.

~Zarzima~

Showing 1-15 of 28