ForumsWEPRThe War in Iraq

83 16869
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
30 posts
Nomad

Why do you think we are fighting in Iraq for Oil or Peace? and do you think we should have gone to Iraq in the first place?

• 83 Replies
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

how can you not understand my worry he is on the front lines and sees combat almost every day

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

i cant because its YOUR worry, You and I dont have the same thoughts. but I understand what your saying

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

basha was did he sign up for it

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

A friend of mine was killed outside of Fallujah in ealry 2005, so I totally understand everyone's worry. It's not fun to loose a friend who just turned 20 years old.

@The_Medic

im so sick of people saying we're their for oil. If we were their for it gas would be so much cheaper and The thing is...Iraq has no oil, at least not any to fight over.

Wrong on so many levels. Many of President Bush's friends have scored major contracts in Iraq to fix oil pumps, drills, and factories (Cheney and Halliburton for example). It has nothing to do with price, it's about Bush's close buddies doing business over there. And Iraq produced 1 million barrels a day before the fall of Saddam. That is a LOT of oil to fight over.
The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

no its not alot considering we had/have oil deals in a much more oil rich place and we are not being fined or taxed for it IE KUwait, or Saudi Arabia all of whome GWs friends and Cheney all have deals there. And what if the pres and VP didnt have those connections? wat would be the reason then?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

And what if the pres and VP didnt have those connections? wat would be the reason then?

We wouldn't be in Iraq then.
The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

not true, what if Al Gore were president? I think we would still be there

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

It depends. Does Al Gore have buddies who would benefit from the war? If not, then we wouldn't be there.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

well we would have gone there but we would have pulled out by now and my friend would still be alive

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

we dont know that...we hope that

InYourEye
InYourEye
9 posts
Nomad

i greatly opposed the war from the beginning.. part of it i blame bush :P

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

Well, we went to war to "stop Osama Bin...I mean Saddam Hussein" and to dispatch the WMDs. We have taken down Saddam Hussein and have found there are no WMDs in Iraq. BUsh has even said "Mission Accomplished" 5 years ago. Therefore, we are no longer in Iraq for any reason, and the longer we stay, the more unstable it becomes.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

I want to know if any of you users even have a personal stake in the war. I do, I'm in the NAVY. I've been there, bought the t-shirt.

To start, it makes me sick that we are still there. I know several shipmates and soldiers who have died there. What is most disturbing, is that they stopped wanting us there less than a month that Saddam was caught and killed. They repeatedly tell my brothers over there to leave. It's not that they are hostile, we have just outstayed our welcome.

We went over there with a 60-40 goal base. 40 - pave the road for business, oil, and control. 60 - retaliate against a dictator that tried to kill his daddy. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for killing a son-of-a-b!@#$ if he goes after my father. But, not at the cost of human life. Its unacceptable.

Oh, and, please, don't anyone ask me how it was or anything of the sort concerning Iraq.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

unless you have actually been in the war, i dont really think any of you have any room to say anything.. i have numerous friends, and a few brothers there.. so if you havent been dont speak..

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

so if you have never been to war you deserve no opinion? That destroys what america stands for right there.

Showing 61-75 of 83