ForumsSupport Forumawards?

46 9081
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

how about awards for certian thing(example: award for 100 postes 5 submissions awards 30 comments award etc.) and give people some more special armortars for it

• 46 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Awards would be a good idea, but I think it'll be kept online and not be an actual reality prize, right?

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

They might be something permanent in your profile, like a little icon or some tally or something.

Victrixs
Victrixs
94 posts
Nomad

Awesome, that would be great!!! I know your just thinking but go for it.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Thats a really cool idea but it would encourage spamming more.

shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

the ranks are good enough

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Thats a really cool idea but it would encourage spamming more.

Wouldn't rewarding users for being good users discourage spam?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, I'm not sure how relevant formative theory and developmental psychology is here, but the wisdom seems to go that it's not the best idea to have both positive & negative incentives to a behavior.

As in currently if there's negative incentives to spamming (banning, for example), then it's not advisable to reward "not spamming" as it "encourages another behavior" but exactly what is this behavior? There'd be three levels of reaction (positive, negative and neutral) for two states: doing something (spamming) and not doing something (not spamming). Possibly the community would be pushed into some kind of anti-spamming police-state in order to get some reward, which would result in spamming in itself.

Hence since we've already identified that spamming is detrimental to the community and that people who do so should be banned to reduce load on it, I think it's better not to give rewards that relate directly to "not spamming".

Ace_of_Fear
Ace_of_Fear
223 posts
Nomad

I dont even know how to get awards, I want to know what a merit is and how to make games and all of that stuff!

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Hello? Lol

BACK TO TOPIC
As someone said before me which i dont rememb the name , there shouold be an "award"for a quantity of days you've been on this.
Also an age on your profile (how many days on AG, not real age)

Richardhasgerms
Richardhasgerms
2 posts
Nomad

I think thats a real good idea

ROCKONTYLER
ROCKONTYLER
153 posts
Nomad

I dont think there should be specil awards

StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

ithink the awarding isnt the best idea..

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

there is already a post like this

Giantduck
Giantduck
14 posts
Nomad

i agree with wutshisface

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Yeah cause if you give an award there will be a lot of flaming comments coming around and what if you spam can the award get taking away and if you dont sign out than that will count as games so i thin it is a bad idea i think that they should just keep the rankings.

Showing 31-45 of 46